Pipe blockage

The case against constructing the pipeline -- which would carry oil from the tar sands of Canada to refineries in Texas -- is more about an uncertain, but increasingly frightening, future. Why should we, one could argue, spend $7 billion to further accelerate climate change and likely contaminate one of America's largest underground water reserves?
Neil Wagner: Tar Sands Tradeoff: Plentiful Petrol vs. Planet in Peril

Is Canada really that Foreign? And what effect will this pipe line have on climate change? None you retard.

OMG? Canada’s Oil, the World’s Carbon you Vilage Idiot.

Left unregulated, carbon dioxide emissions from oil refineries are projected to increase rapidly in coming years, at nearly double the predicted rate of emissions growth from other sources. According to estimates from the Department of Energy, annual carbon emissions from petroleum refineries will increase to more than 415 million tons by 2030.

Oil Refineries Targeted For Global Warming Emissions Cuts | Earthjustice
Do yourself a favor and stop reading idiots putting out propaganda.

You'll look a bit brighter if you do. But then, as an Obama supporter, you display your ignorance daily.

Please list some denied refinery permits.

I know of one in OK and two in Texas that are tied directly to the keystone and it has to do with the synthetic grade coming from Canada.

synthetic grade? You mean high sulfur?

But are those new plants or existing ones expanding to accomodate the tar sands oil?

I was referring to new construction.

Last edited:
The case against constructing the pipeline -- which would carry oil from the tar sands of Canada to refineries in Texas -- is more about an uncertain, but increasingly frightening, future. Why should we, one could argue, spend $7 billion to further accelerate climate change and likely contaminate one of America's largest underground water reserves?

Is Canada really that Foreign? And what effect will this pipe line have on climate change? None you retard.

OMG? Canada’s Oil, the World’s Carbon you Vilage Idiot.

Left unregulated, carbon dioxide emissions from oil refineries are projected to increase rapidly in coming years, at nearly double the predicted rate of emissions growth from other sources. According to estimates from the Department of Energy, annual carbon emissions from petroleum refineries will increase to more than 415 million tons by 2030.

what dew ewe run yer car on farts?

We'll have a new boss at the Department of Energy, come mid January. What are the odds that your DOE study will survive scrutiny?

Please list some denied refinery permits.

I know of one in OK and two in Texas that are tied directly to the keystone and it has to do with the synthetic grade coming from Canada.

synthetic grade? You mean high sulfur?

But are those new plants or existing ones expanding to accomodate the tar sands oil?

I was referring to new construction.

Yeah those are existing with retrofitting. I dont know of any new construction.

Is Mexico foreign?
The Times Weekly, Joliet Illinois

Our biggest suppliers of oil is Canada and Mexico and not the middle east. :mad: And if we want to to oil independent we have to stop importing oil from Canada and Mexico.

Oil independence can't be accomplished all at once, so it makes sense to limit to, as best we can, imports from nearby sources that don't want to fly planes into our buildings.

Oh brother.

Hey Lady answer me this: if the pipeline is a supposed "Canada to Texas" express, then why the reference to a Missouri/Illinois leg?

The XL pipeline will not only go from Canada to TX, it has some "spur lines".

Which would you prefer:
A 2,000 mile pipeline that in one mile carries less then 350 BARRELS of OIL, over dry land, with humans monitoring any spills, OR
a 1 million barrel tanker in the hands of ONE ship captain traveling on the OPEN seas each day with the chances of spills being clearly larger see below!

http://www.itopf.com/information-services/data-and-statistics/statistics/documents/Statpack2008_001.pdf

Is Mexico foreign?

Our biggest suppliers of oil is Canada and Mexico and not the middle east. :mad: And if we want to to oil independent we have to stop importing oil from Canada and Mexico.
I agree. So you think we should exploit our own oil resources?

Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this any thought.

Is Mexico foreign?

I know they dont think anything through. First they have a problem with us getting oil from the middle east. Then they have a problem with us receiving oil from canada and mexico, then they have a problem with increasing America's production of raw oil...despite having another kuwait in our backyard, then they have a problem with refineries in the US refining the oil we get from other countries. I think If it was up to Lilolady, she would want the US to close all refineries, and put a halt to any more drilling. What she fails to understand is that oil in Canada isn't just going to sit there. They want to sell it to us, but if we dick around to long its going to go to China and Russia, who could give two shits about the environment and will "harm" the environment with their use of the oil a lot more than we would.

She is making judgments based on emotion without thinking them through. She seems to care more about our childrens, childrens, childrens, childrens, childrens, than she does our children all around the world today. This is what bothers me about the green movement. Were so worried about a world were not going to see for 500 years, when we got a world right now with a ton of children who dont make it past the age of ten because of starvation, disease, and war. How many kids could we have saved with all the money we gave to Solindra? I see a bigger need for these resources were wasting on a world 500 years from now in the world we live in today...but no one really seems concerned about that world.

Is Mexico foreign?

I know they dont think anything through. First they have a problem with us getting oil from the middle east. Then they have a problem with us receiving oil from canada and mexico, then they have a problem with increasing America's production of raw oil...despite having another kuwait in our backyard, then they have a problem with refineries in the US refining the oil we get from other countries. I think If it was up to Lilolady, she would want the US to close all refineries, and put a halt to any more drilling. What she fails to understand is that oil in Canada isn't just going to sit there. They want to sell it to us, but if we dick around to long its going to go to China and Russia, who could give two shits about the environment and will "harm" the environment with their use of the oil a lot more than we would.

She is making judgments based on emotion without thinking them through. She seems to care more about our childrens, childrens, childrens, childrens, childrens, than she does our children all around the world today. This is what bothers me about the green movement. Were so worried about a world were not going to see for 500 years, when we got a world right now with a ton of children who dont make it past the age of ten because of starvation, disease, and war. How many kids could we have saved with all the money we gave to Solindra? I see a bigger need for these resources were wasting on a world 500 years from now in the world we live in today...but no one really seems concerned about that world.
The green movement doesn't give a shit about people. Matter of fact, many noted green movement leaders have advocated mass killings of humanity to "save" the planet.

Forum List

Back