PINK SLIPS for congress & senate hit 4.5 million

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
I was watching Greta Van Sustren tonight & saw the pink slip movement. I heard about this movement at my local tea party--which I believe was started in Texas. Americans are real irrate at getting no response from their representatives after letters, e-mails & phone calls--so we're just sending them pink slips now.

At any rate here is the web-site--if you're interested in sending your representatives their pink slip--

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=115187

$Ram it down.jpg

Last edited:
I was watching Greta Van Sustren tonight & saw the pink slip movement. I heard about this movement at my local tea party--which I believe was started in Texas. Americans are real irrate at getting no response from their representatives after letters, e-mails & phone calls--so we're just sending them pink slips now.

At any rate here is the web-site--if you're interested in sending your representatives their pink slip--

View attachment 8740

website?

View attachment 8740

website?

Sorry--it's there now--couldn't get it all at once.

View attachment 8740

website?

Thank you - gonna check it out!

I am still trying to get through to send mine--I think after Greta's show--the web-site is blown out--:lol::lol:

I will try later.
I sent two out; one from my wife and one from me in seperate envelopes, and on some pink letter sized paper I was lucky enough to have in my drawer. I firmly believe that actual letters in their mail box are best. I usually use a fax machine but the pink stationery was vital in this missive.

Here's the text:

The Honorable Senator Evan Bayh
463 Russell Building.
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator Bayh

I am very much concerned with the Health-Care bill which will be returning to the Senate for your vote after the Conference Committee session between the House and the Senate conferees.

If, after it returns from the conference committee. yours is one of those SIXTY “aye” votes which allows the bill to come to a simple majority vote in the Senate, I will regard that as being in the affirmative for its final passage, regardless of whether or not you vote against it in the final Senate vote.

If that is to be your vote, then you should regard this to be your “pink slip” dismissal letter from the US Senate representing our great state of Indiana.

This is a terrible piece of legislation, and will harm the people and economy of the state of Indiana and the country as a whole.

Respectfully,

Last edited:

I am still trying to get through to send mine--I think after Greta's show--the web-site is blown out--:lol::lol:

I will try later.
I sent two out; one from my wife and one from me in seperate envelopes, and on some pink letter sized paper I was lucky enough to have in my drawer. I firmly believe that actual letters in their mail box are best. I usually use a fax machine but the pink stationery was vital in this missive.

Here's the text:

The Honorable Senator Evan Bayh
463 Russell Building.
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator Bayh

I am very much concerned with the Health-Care bill which will be returning to the Senate for your vote after the Conference Committee session between the House and the Senate conferees.

If, after it returns from the conference committee. yours is one of those SIXTY “aye” votes which allows the bill to come to a simple majority vote in the Senate, I will regard that as being in the affirmative for its final passage, regardless of whether or not you vote against it in the final Senate vote.

If that is to be your vote, then you should regard this to be your “pink slip” dismissal letter from the US Senate representing our great state of Indiana.

This is a terrible piece of legislation, and will harm the people and economy of the state of Indiana and the country as a whole.

Respectfully,

The one on the web-site I posted is much shorter, & it is fed-xed to all congressmen & senators or over 500 of them for a cost of apprx. $29.00. Hey to send them all one--I'll spend the $29.00--:lol:

Strange....yet the majority of Americans support healthcare reform

Strange....yet the majority of Americans support healthcare reform

Yes they do, but not THIS monstrosity. Get it?

I know!! What is so very difficult about the concept of supporting healthcare reform and not supporting THIS healthcare reform.

It took 17 pages to create the nation that we all know and (most of us) love, why the fuck do we need 2000 pages of shit to 'fix' what is actually wrong with healthcare.... and not once in those 2000 pages do the words 'tort reform' appear.

The one on the web-site I posted is much shorter, & it is fed-xed to all congressmen & senators or over 500 of them for a cost of apprx. $29.00. Hey to send them all one--I'll spend the $29.00--:lol:
I agree with you that saturating capiol Hill ought to get their attention. But these will likely remain in boxes. I like to focus my comments like a laser. Senator Lugar has already responded to my earlier letter clearly stating he does not support the passage, likewise my congressman Steve Buyer.

Senator Bayh is one of the pivotal fence-sitters, but has usually gone along with his party like a good soldier. He needs my attention and he needs to understand that people out here understand the process, and will hold him responsible for his role in it; that we will not be fooled by smoke-screens like voting for bringing it up for a full floor vote, but being one of the unimportant 49 votes which vote against it.

I greatly respect your willingness to spend the $29.00. I spent $00.88 and I bet will get a reply for my letter as will my wife.--:lol:

OHH this is a healthcare revolt thingy.

I had hoped it was pinkslips for their gereral malfeasance over the years.

But no, it is once again a narrow lockstep movement.

In large part driven by corporate interests. More of the same malfeasance in a different direction.

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath for that Cali. Tort Reform??? Not with the money the lawyers lobby throws at both parties.

Good letter Horse. Will be sending one of my own.

We are looking for Reform RW, not this peice of bullshit that they are trying to pass. This isn't reform its another giant Govt entitlement that will allow the Govt to run your healthcare. For the life of me I can't figure why any sane person would want that??? You know, the Govt that can't run anything cheaply or well will be running the show. . Your great grandkids will have to pay off the debt also. Not reform in my book.

Don't hold your breath for that Cali. Tort Reform??? Not with the money the lawyers lobby throws at both parties.

the concept of tort reform is an insurance lobby objective so they don't have to pay people for the damage their insureds do.

a little reality check. before a medical malpractice case can be brought in many, if not most, jurisdictions, the case has to be presented to a merit panel which decides if the case is substantial enough to go forward.

an attorney must spend a minimum of approximately $50,000 to pursue a medical malpractice case on behalf of a client. a case deemed frivolous isn't going to be brought because it simply costs too much.

i'll be all for limiting liability for insurance companies when their insureds limit the damage they can do to people.

Forum List

Back