Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Pink Hitler posters provoke fury
By Nick Squires in Rome
Published: 20 May 2010

Hitler poster in Palermo The 18ft high posters of the Nazi leader advertise a line of clothing for young people and adorn street corners and bus stops in Palermo, Sicily's biggest city.

The ads show the Fuhrer in a lurid pink uniform, with his swastika armband replaced with one bearing a bright red heart, above the slogan "Change Style – Don't Follow Your Leader".

hitler_1641030f.jpg

A city councillor with the centre-Left Democratic Party, Rosario Filoramo, has protested to the mayor of Palermo.

"The use of an image of a person responsible for the worst chapters of the last century is offensive to our country's constitutional principles and to the sensitivities of citizens," he said.

A council official, Fabrizio Ferrandelli, said: "Having Hitler's face on a poster... cannot be passed off as an innocent advertising message. Seeing these posters in front of schools is an embarrassment." But the advertising agency which came up with the idea said critics of the campaign were over-reacting.

The Hitler poster was a tongue-in-cheek way of encouraging young people not to follow the crowd in their fashion choices.

More here. . . .
Pink Hitler posters provoke fury - Telegraph

So what do you think? Fashion statement? Over the top? Or effective?

Thumbs down. It's in incredibly poor taste. I wonder what made them think it was a good idea to associate their product with Hitler?

On the other hand, Hitler gets tossed around so much these days in the US, he's really lost a lot of his old pure evil impact. Dr. Pepper should start using him in their advertising. They can flash pictures of all kinds of politicians Democrat and Republican, and redo the words of their song:

"I'm a Hitler

You're a Hitler

He's a Hitler

She's a Hitler

Wouldn't you like to be a Hitler too?"

:D

OTOH, Muso was the only national leader who stood up to Hitler when it counted. And made Hitler back down.

By 1939, that was no longer the case.

By Nick Squires in Rome

Hitler poster in Palermo The 18ft high posters of the Nazi leader advertise a line of clothing for young people and adorn street corners and bus stops in Palermo, Sicily's biggest city.

The ads show the Fuhrer in a lurid pink uniform, with his swastika armband replaced with one bearing a bright red heart, above the slogan "Change Style – Don't Follow Your Leader".

hitler_1641030f.jpg

A city councillor with the centre-Left Democratic Party, Rosario Filoramo, has protested to the mayor of Palermo.

"The use of an image of a person responsible for the worst chapters of the last century is offensive to our country's constitutional principles and to the sensitivities of citizens," he said.

A council official, Fabrizio Ferrandelli, said: "Having Hitler's face on a poster... cannot be passed off as an innocent advertising message. Seeing these posters in front of schools is an embarrassment." But the advertising agency which came up with the idea said critics of the campaign were over-reacting.

The Hitler poster was a tongue-in-cheek way of encouraging young people not to follow the crowd in their fashion choices.

More here. . . .

corny and stale. fuck them

Stupid, but it's interesting to read the perspectives and objectives of some of these groups.

"I am a dedicated follower of fashion. This makes me a Nazi?"

It makes you a good follower. And good followers, it has been shown, make great Nazis when the right conditions prevail. Remember, the first Nazis were distinguished by the BROWN SHIRTS they wore and GOERING WORE KHAKIS, too.

WearMocked - Tommy Hitler

By Nick Squires in Rome

hitler_1641030f.jpg

More here. . . .

I think some people are WAY too squeamish about Hitler. He's, at this point, an icon to be exploited. I think their campaign was bold and likely effective. Those that knee-jerk about these kind of things are dull and predictable.

They weren't promoting being a Nazi, so I can't really see the problem. If anything they were poking fun at those kinds of ideas. Good for the ad agency I say.

Given the way the top leadership swung, I think they would have loved dressing in pink. And probably did a good portion of the time.

What Hitler did to Europe and the effect he had on the entire world cannot be dismissed as a lack of fashion sense. The poster is in extremely poor taste.
But it's OK when a bunch of rednecks use it to depict our president?

According to fucktards like you? Yes. and I had no idea you all considered yourselves rednecks....interesting.
bush_hitler.jpg

Last edited:
It is in extremely poor taste and borders on hate speech to depict either our former or present President as Hitler. So I think we can safely set that aside.

The question here is whether the enterprise advertising its product used poor taste in using Hitler in a humorous way to suggest that you won't be "following bad leaders" if you buy their products.

So philosophically, is it bad form or bad taste to make fun of something in that way? The general consensus of the group here is that yes, it is poor form and in poor taste.

I've been thinking about it and trying to understand my own emotional reaction when I see the picture and where that reaction is coming from. (It is not a pleasant reaction). I finally decided that to trivialize or 'normalize' Adolph Hitler, or make him into something less despicable than he was is in poor form.

And that, in my opinion, makes the ad poor taste.

It is in extremely poor taste and borders on hate speech to depict either our former or present President as Hitler. So I think we can safely set that aside.

The question here is whether the enterprise advertising its product used poor taste in using Hitler in a humorous way to suggest that you won't be "following bad leaders" if you buy their products.

So philosophically, is it bad form or bad taste to make fun of something in that way? The general consensus of the group here is that yes, it is poor form and in poor taste.

I've been thinking about it and trying to understand my own emotional reaction when I see the picture and where that reaction is coming from. (It is not a pleasant reaction). I finally decided that to trivialize or 'normalize' Adolph Hitler, or make him into something less despicable than he was is in poor form.

Some people are a class of evil all to themselves, and their actions need to be rememered that way instead of trivialized. What Hitler did to Europe as a whole, to the Jews, to the Gypsies, and any number of groups he despised was at that level. Millions of innocents died for his twisted ambition, not to mention those who died in the field opposing him. Desensitizing ourselves to it means the odds of a Hitler rising to power again increase. There are others who can be added to that list - Stalin comes to mind immediately. But throwing Hitler around as a trivial insult or even worse, marketing tool is way beyond poor taste.

Some people are a class of evil all to themselves, and their actions need to be rememered that way instead of trivialized. What Hitler did to Europe as a whole, to the Jews, to the Gypsies, and any number of groups he despised was at that level. Millions of innocents died for his twisted ambition, not to mention those who died in the field opposing him. Desensitizing ourselves to it means the odds of a Hitler rising to power again increase. There are others who can be added to that list - Stalin comes to mind immediately. But throwing Hitler around as a trivial insult or even worse, marketing tool is way beyond poor taste.

Thanks Gold. You said it better than I did.

Hmmm odd, I see the picture and i understand being upset. Hitler is an emotional topic for many people. Yet all I keep thinking is that he can really pull off the pink outfit. It suits him.

Anyway, Volkswagon hasn't had any problems being associated with him. But then they've steered away from that for decades.

Forum List

Back