Pink Floyd Tribute Thread

Stoner

Herbologist
Aug 16, 2008
Euphoria
Here's to the greatest band of all-time and the greatest guitar player to have ever lived. This is for Pink Floyd and David Gilmour.

Pink Floyd always have been and always will be the crown jewel in music. I've listened to them when I was 10 and was hooked for life. I honestly listen to DSOTM at least 3 times a week and many other PF albums regularly. Their 5 best were DSOTM, The Wall, Animals, Wish You Were Here and Meddle. So many other great ones too.

David Gilmour is a God. For someone who never played anything over-the-top he is a legend. He had such a bluesy, spacey sound. He is also known for bending many of his notes. His solos just take you away to a special place.

A great quality of Pink Floyd is they're timeless. Their music never gets old. Always something new to hear. One thing that blows me away with PF is they have a huge fan base with younger kids today. I'm 33 but have a friend who comes over and smokes a lot who is 21 and he's a huge fan. It's cool seeing younger kids digging the classics.

These first two are off Animals. First one is Pigs and the second is Dogs.

[youtube]iNa551dR6Rc[/youtube]

[youtube]WnDaiAZ3Z9A[/youtube]

Mother off The Wall.

[youtube]wBkTUzKAiXQ[/youtube]

On The Turning Away off Momentary Lapse Of Reason. Love this song.

[youtube]tI_sv5uswoY[/youtube]

Fearless off Meddle.

[youtube]H_WQnzmV6WI[/youtube]

Last edited:
Learning to play "On The Turning Away" on acoustic playing the lead solo beside the hole instead of over it. That makes it sound more like the old original electrics a la The Animals.

Learning to play "On The Turning Away" on acoustic playing the lead solo beside the hole instead of over it. That makes it sound more like the old original electrics a la The Animals.

How long have you played guitar? You enjoying it?

David Gilmour is a great musician to learn from. Extremely difficult but worth it in the end. It's not that anything he plays is super fast or complicated...it's just the way he plays it. Very hard to duplicate. He's one of a kind. He truly plays by feel.

I love the second guitar solo in On The Turning Away.

Last edited:
All right, some more PF vids.

Us And Them - Dark Side Of The Moon. I love the video this guy made for this song. Us And Them is the song where no matter how shitty my day has gone, all I have to do is throw this song on and I instantly smile and go to my happy place.

[youtube]zlY-JlE5ZCo[/youtube]

Time - Dark Side Of The Moon. This is possibly my all-time favorite song of not only PF but any band. It also has my favorite guitar solo ever. David Gilmour really takes you to a place with the solo. Magical.

[youtube]Vpc3rTbe4Hc[/youtube]

How long have you played guitar? You enjoying it?

David Gilmour is a great musician to learn from. Extremely difficult but worth it in the end. It's not that anything he plays is super fast or complicated...it's just the way he plays it. Very hard to duplicate. He's one of a kind. He truly plays by feel.

I love the second guitar solo in On The Turning Away.

Been playing since the 80s. Lost count of the years. My father played so I've had one in my hands off and on longer. Considering the pain in the fingertips, you'd have to love it to get into it. Alot of the technical stuff that might be credited only to the electric came from playing Blues on an acoustic.

Forum List

Back