Pink Floyd: Most overrated band ever?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Quite possibly. Don't get me wrong, Dark Side of the Moon is certainly one of the greatest albums of all time. And The Wall is also a classic. But beyond those, it's mostly just piles upon steaming piles of pretentious crap.

What did the stoner Floyd fan say when he ran out of drugs?

Wow, this music sucks!

Quite possibly. Don't get me wrong, Dark Side of the Moon is certainly one of the greatest albums of all time. And The Wall is also a classic. But beyond those, it's mostly just piles upon steaming piles of pretentious crap.

Wow, this music sucks!

nearly as overrated as tull, IMO.

Wow, this music sucks!

You are forgetting the album "Wish you were here"

I also thought "Animals" was a good album.

I think their other albums had some good hits, but it's tough to create what people would consider "Great Albums" when you have such albums like Dark Side of the Moon and the Wall.

Michael Jackson had the same problem after Thriller (well that and the whole going crazy, children touching stuff).

• Banned
You are forgetting the album "Wish you were here"

I also thought "Animals" was a good album.

I think their other albums had some good hits, but it's tough to create what people would consider "Great Albums" when you have such albums like Dark Side of the Moon and the Wall.

Michael Jackson had the same problem after Thriller (well that and the whole going crazy, children touching stuff).

:eusa_hand: Wish you were here is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrated.

what the fuck are you talking about?

shine on, you crazy diamond.

while it's true that I do enjoy some 80s hair metal I have to say that you are shooting blindly today.

You're welcome to disagree, but IMO Floyd is way overrated. It's pretty rare these days for me to not click away when a Floyd song comes on the radio.

This list places them 3rd most overrated, behind #1 Nirvana and #2 Pearl Jam.

Listology: 25 Most Overrated Bands of All Time

I can agree that Nirvana is the most overrated. Without Kurt Cobain's death, they wouldn't be considered as great.

Otherwise, that list is just a rock hater.

The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Guns and Roses, The Eagles, The Sex Pistols, Black Sabbath, and Rolling Stones aren't overrated.

I can agree that Nirvana is the most overrated. Without Kurt Cobain's death, they wouldn't be considered as great.

Otherwise, that list is just a rock hater.

The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Guns and Roses, The Eagles, The Sex Pistols, Black Sabbath, and Rolling Stones aren't overrated.

Way wrong on the two I bolded. They both suck donkey balls.

Pearl Jam, DEFINITELY! Holy shit, that band hasn't been good since "Ten". And Ten is one of my favorite albums of all time. When I listened to "Vs", after anxiously waiting forever to buy it early as a promotional at a CD convention, I fucking broke it apart and never listened to PJ again.

What's crazy is they managed to flourish without producing videos, during the MTV age.

That list was made by some Internet nerd, anyone can blog and make one.

He's an idiot. Sure, maybe a few on there are overrated, but really. :doubt:

I'd like to see his list of best bands.

Music is subjective, and I listen to a lot of musicians and bands that 90% of America have never heard of, because they aren't "radio" bands.

As Robert S. waits patiently for jillians pos rep...........;)

:lol: I really do think Bruce Springsteen's music is good though.

Born in the USA (which Ronald Reagan famously used as his campaign music, though he really didn't know what the song meant. :lol:)

Born to Run, Dancing in the Dark, Glory Days, Jungleland, The River, Streets of Philadelphia, and of course Thunder Road.

That's what I just have on my computer anyway, more on my ipod. :lol:

Q: What did the stoner Floyd fan say when he ran out of drugs?

A: To date, nobody can say. But if it ever happens, we'll let you know....if we remember the question, that is.

Forum List

Back