Pink Floyd fans

Probably one of the best intellectual rock bands of all time.

Certainly among my favorites.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Probably one of the best intellectual rock bands of all time.

Certainly among my favorites.

I agree. The lyrics are very hard hitting and deal with some very dark and political topics. The lyrics match the melodies perfect. Way ahead of their time. If you have never listened to pink floyd you could listen to dark side of the moon and never know it was from the early 70's. Very hard to date and nothing else like it. Same goes for the wall, animals, and many many others.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kQNFyEI2rs&feature=related]YouTube - Pink Floyd, Echoes(part 1)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sein6WnbY0]YouTube - Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii - Echoes (Part 2)[/ame]

Dark Side Of The Moon is one of the best albums I've ever heard in my life. It's even better than Sgt. Pepper. There, I said it.

Dark Side Of The Moon is one of the best albums I've ever heard in my life. It's even better than Sgt. Pepper. There, I said it.

I agree and so do many other people. It is the 3rd best selling album of all time way ahead of sgt pepper(I like this album as well). I believe it still holds the record for staying in the charts for longer than any other album from 73-88 for something around 740 straight weeks. Amazing album.

That of picture Rick above got me...he went first and is playing the great gig in the sky for real.

I am a big Floyd fan. Have lots of their bootlegs and will see Roger (again) in December at the Pavilion in San Jose.

Pink Floyd is in my top 5 of all-time favorite bands. David Gilmour is easily one of my favorite guitar players. His solos are epic. They take you away.

Pink Floyd is in my top 5 of all-time favorite bands. David Gilmour is easily one of my favorite guitar players. His solos are epic. They take you away.

YEs they do. If I could only listen to one guitar piece or solo it would be marooned. Beautiful...simply beautiful.

in my classical music class in college I wrote my paper on pink floyd and still got an A. I have the whole discography, leave it on repeat all the time, also can't believe no one posted on the turning away:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI_sv5uswoY]YouTube - Pink Floyd On The Turning Away[/ame]

Song brings almost brings tears to my eye whenever I hear it. Its such a beautiful and also kind of dark piece of music. Pure genius. The best and most melodic guitar solo ever written and played to perfection.

Yeah.... that one gives me those chills up the spine.

I love it.

Its good road trip music.
Pop it in & cruise.... makes the ride so nice.

Song brings almost brings tears to my eye whenever I hear it. Its such a beautiful and also kind of dark piece of music. Pure genius. The best and most melodic guitar solo ever written and played to perfection.

Yeah.... that one gives me those chills up the spine.

I love it.

Its good road trip music.
Pop it in & cruise.... makes the ride so nice.

I wish I had that kind of ability to not only play that type of music but to be able to write it. I will forever be jealous. There are many guitarists capable of playing this type of music bu tto be able to compose and play with such perfection is a work of genius. I really do not think david or the band really gets the credit they deserve and its a shame.

I wish I had that kind of ability to not only play that type of music but to be able to write it. I will forever be jealous. There are many guitarists capable of playing this type of music bu tto be able to compose and play with such perfection is a work of genius. I really do not think david or the band really gets the credit they deserve and its a shame.

Totally true... they changed music forever.

I rented some of the videos I found on Netflix... so I was in my room with my headphones on jamming away to it, and my 9 yr old walks in asks "whatcha watching?".
So I took them off and turned the tv up a bit. After about ten minutes she was absolutely hooked!
Now when we are in my truck cruising somewhere she wants me to pop in some Floyd... or if the radio is on in the background when I am in the shop tinkering with my trucks (she likes to help me) she will always point it out when a Floyd song comes on.... I love it that I helped expand her music likings from Hannah Montanna to PINK FLOYD!!!!

Totally true... they changed music forever.

I rented some of the videos I found on Netflix... so I was in my room with my headphones on jamming away to it, and my 9 yr old walks in asks "whatcha watching?".
So I took them off and turned the tv up a bit. After about ten minutes she was absolutely hooked!
Now when we are in my truck cruising somewhere she wants me to pop in some Floyd... or if the radio is on in the background when I am in the shop tinkering with my trucks (she likes to help me) she will always point it out when a Floyd song comes on.... I love it that I helped expand her music likings from Hannah Montanna to PINK FLOYD!!!!

I know exactly what you mean. Growing up as a small kid in arkansas all we seemed to listen to was country music. Thats all my parents really ever knew. My dad did listen to some early rock from the 50's but thats about it. I did not start listening to rock until I was around 11 or 12 years old. I really got hooked on pink floyd around that time. Anyways....after I graduated HS in 94 I bought PULSE on vhs when it released I believe in late 94 or early 95. I brought it home and put it in my vcr and turned on the surround system and was BLOWN AWAY because I had never seen anything like that before. You have to remember there was no youtube, mtv did not play much if any pink floyd and like I said in arkansas they did not get much radio airtime either. I had always liked the music but have never seen a live concert before. I had always heard about the lightshow they put on but thats about it.

Long story short....my mother watched pulse live with me and ever since she is totally hooked. She does not listen to ANY rock and roll EXCEPT pink floyd. She does not even like the beetles. I have since hooked alot of folks on the floyd by simply letting them borrow the video of the concert in full and they always go out and but it on dvd after returning my copy. If I didn't know better I would swear there is some sort of subliminal messaging in their music.

Yeah... I went to the 1994 tour when they came thru Houston and it was awesome!

Close to the end of the show there was a nasty storm brewing in the distance and as it approached the lasers were shooting into the clouds and the lightning was just AMAZING!
No concert can ever compare to that experience.

CEG Presents: PINK FLOYD TRIBUTE: GILMOUR'S BREAKFAST on Friday, August 5 at 11:00pm at B.B. King Blues Club (237 West 42nd Street, NY, NY).

New England's Premier Pink Floyd Tribute band captures the atmosphere, sound and feel of the Pink Floyd experience.
The group has an established Pink Floyd and Gilmour's Breakfast fan base. Each live performance includes period musical gear, laser light shows, and intelligent/moving lighting. With a constantly revolving set list representing Pink Floyd from their earliest recorded effort (1967's Piper at the Gates of Dawn) through their final release (1994's The Division Bell), any die-hard Pink Floyd fan will be pleased to hear a few deep tracks while the casual listener will recognize plenty of FM hits. Gilmour's Breakfast is sure to please all listeners with their live performance.
For more information please Google: ceg presents pink floyd tribute

Forum List

Back