Pining for Mitch Daniels

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
There is a bunch of Mitch-love on the board today, with a bunch of people wishing that he was running.

I thought it would be a good time to replay this little gem:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbj4A-uaMUo]Mitch Daniels on the Debt Ceiling - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

Politicians have a bad habit of doing the opposite of the other guy regardless of the issue. It's not just a republican problem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZ39Zet97Q]"O" the Debt Ceiling - YouTube[/ame]

It gets better. Mitch Daniels touts himself as a fiscal conservative and blasts Obama on his spending (I have no problem with that, but I do with blatant hypocrisy).

In other words, the “fiscal conservative” Daniels oversaw the federal budget as it was making its precipitous dive from a $236 billion surplus – then on a trajectory to eliminate the entire federal debt in a decade – to a $400 billion deficit by the time he left in June 2003.

Plus, because of proposals developed on Daniels’s watch – such as tax cuts favoring the rich and unpaid-for projects, including the invasion of Iraq and a new prescription drug plan – the fiscal situation of the federal government continued to sink over the ensuing years, plunging to a trillion-dollar-plus annual deficit by the time Bush left office in 2009.

Though Daniels was surely not at fault for all the elements in this budgetary catastrophe, he was a central player in the early stages of the process. A former political operative for Ronald Reagan and an Eli Lilly pharmaceutical executive, Daniels was the salesman who pitched and defended Bush’s plans.
Mitch Daniels, Architect of US Debt Crisis | Consortiumnews

Politicians have a bad habit of doing the opposite of the other guy regardless of the issue. It's not just a republican problem.

"O" the Debt Ceiling - YouTube
That video doesn't say what you think it says. :lol:

All those quotes are Obama blaming the debt on Bush's failed leadership.

None of the quotes say that we shouldn't raise the debt ceiling.

You Republican Retards are quite amusing.

"O" the Debt Ceiling - YouTube
That video doesn't say what you think it says. :lol:

All those quotes are Obama blaming the debt on Bush's failed leadership.

None of the quotes say that we shouldn't raise the debt ceiling.

You Republican Retards are quite amusing.

wow you are dumb. These are things he said explaining why he was voting NO to raising the debt ceiling in 2006. I think that NO vote was his way of saying we shouldn't raise the debt ceiling.

So, the US credit rating was lowered because the cons changed their minds about raising the debt ceiling.

Forum List

Back