Pilgrim's Advice To Get Health Care Reform

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
I still say if obama is truly interested in reform he should pick at the low hanging fruit instead of the entire fruit tree.

Start with tort reform. You will get support from both reps and dems on tort reform and its something the citizens of the country would support.

Its easy to do, just pass a tort reform bill, he could have it by christmas no problem. Then he would have actually gotten a real and effective cost saving reform done. This would not only boost his approval and the people's trust in him on health care, it would also boost congress' approval.

The boost in approval would lead to him being able to pass insurance reform next, another item of health care that he can get bi-partisan support for.

And then they can go for whatever they want next.

Its pretty simple, if the president and congress are truly interested in reforms they would make a small bill of the simple reforms both side like and get those bills passed....then they could work on bigger more divisive issues after.

tort reform....is not gonna make a dent...sillie place to start....you got any proof of what you claim.....or is it just a lame claim....

tort reform...why should doctors play for their mistakes....i never hear anyone bitching about the rates nurses pay for malpractice insurance...why is that?

tort reform....is not gonna make a dent...sillie place to start....you got any proof of what you claim.....or is it just a lame claim....

tort reform...why should doctors play for their mistakes....i never hear anyone bitching about the rates nurses pay for malpractice insurance...why is that?

EDIT: They can start somewhere else besides tort reform that has approval of those on both sides of the spectrum, as long as they start with one small thing that they know everyone wants...show us you can work together and make a piece of small, smart legislation. (YOU being the congress)

Its a place to start that will keep the opposition quiet. I would just like to see SOMETHING get done...if we keep going with these giant bills people like me are going to keep showing up at meetings, protests, and threads online bitching and moaning about it. Then no one gets anything.

Tort reform would reduce the rates nurses, pharmacists(my cousin has to pay for a 3million dollar policy to be a pharm at walgreens), and doctors have to pay for insurance and will reduce operating costs for medical practices....this will be a small step toward lowering costs.

Then when this is passed the regualar folks will see something got done in washington and we may be a little more accepting of a larger reform. It would be easier to tackle the insurance companies if congress/president PROVE they can do something effective and bipartisan.

I just dont ever see a majority of americans supporting a bill similar to HR3200 or this Baccus(sp) bill.

Or we can keep the partisan strife as a status quo and do nothing for the people who need help.

IMO

Last edited:
why not lower insurance for everyone? why just medical fields? matter of fact why have insurance at all if you are not gonna hold one field responsible for their mistakes why hold anyone?

do you really want to address the problems of the medical system? then address the large middle man layer that sucks up profits. why does one pay top rates for a product due to being in a hospital? why are simple medical procedures charges so complex that most billings have errors? why do insurance companies get away with denying claims or new procedures...could it be cause dead is cheaper to them? why will medical insurance pay for viagria but not birth control?

waiting.....its raining here...

why not lower insurance for everyone? why just medical fields? matter of fact why have insurance at all if you are not gonna hold one field responsible for their mistakes why hold anyone?

do you really want to address the problems of the medical system? then address the large middle man layer that sucks up profits. why does one pay top rates for a product due to being in a hospital? why are simple medical procedures charges so complex that most billings have errors? why do insurance companies get away with denying claims or new procedures...could it be cause dead is cheaper to them? why will medical insurance pay for viagria but not birth control?

waiting.....its raining here...

sure thats fine, go for reforming the insurance company first.
Or Go after overpricing such as $6.00 asprin tablets
Or Go reform the billing system

JUST PICK ONE THING AND DO IT. Yeah i had to yell, but it was at the lawmakers not you :)

Do these things ONE at a time, bring each up for debate on its merits, and lets get something done!!!!

Propose more HR3200 style bills and those of us in the peanut gallery are gonna yell even louder than we did all last month.

Forum List

Back