Piglosi under pressure will sign emergency border spending bill

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
A coalition of moderate Democrats and Republicans approved crucial border funding legislation late Thursday in the House, sending the $4.6 billion bill to President Trump's desk for his expected signature -- after Speaker Nancy Pelosi backed down from a push to include restrictions on immigration enforcement that could have scuttled the measure.

In doing so, Pelosi risked a severe backlash from the progressive base calling for those measures, convinced that so-called "guardrails" must be imposed to prevent alleged abuses by border officials.

The bill passed 305-102.

The decision is sure to fuel new unrest inside the caucus. Perhaps the most outspoken member of the progressive wing, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., had declared "Hell no" to voting on the Senate bill.

House approves bipartisan border funding bill, after Pelosi reverses course under GOP pressure

I don't think it was GOP pressure as much as it was media pressure. With all the disturbing things going on at the border, and Piglosi having full knowledge the Democrats played a huge part in it, she wants to get this off the table before their week long Independence Day celebration that the rest of us only get one day off for.

Bbbut the children!!!!!

What a bunch of frauds

The real fraud was making up this story that the reason they were against it was because of no safeguards. If they were really afraid of Republicans abusing the funds and not using them for child care, it would have been the best gift Republicans could have given them. The MSM would have had a field day with that.

Piglosi also needs the pressure of dealing with a case of cancer spreading all over its humanoid body; as someone originally born in San Fran, I cannot think of a more evil, malicious, puke-inducing walking abomination that ever shat out of SF's collective asshole than Piglosi. She -- excuse me, I mean IT -- is an insectile creature I'll bet the late H.R. Giger would have found interesting. It's NOT human.

I don't think it was GOP pressure as much as it was media pressure.
You got the first part correct...I'll agree that you don't think!

And when did any Speaker of the House ever sign a fucking bill passed by the House as your title to this meshugas claims? Can we say VOTE PASSAGE?

I have no idea WTF you're talking about and apparently you don't either.

Piglosi leads the rest of the Commies. They were not going to sign onto the bill unless it had their so-called safeguards included. But as those of us who understand politics knew, it had nothing to do with any safeguards. It had to do with letting those kids suffer and having the MSM placing the blame on Trump.

She had to sign it since time was running out...actually they tried putting it into the disaster bills for the floods but Pelosi said no whay...

A coalition of moderate Democrats and Republicans approved crucial border funding legislation late Thursday in the House, sending the $4.6 billion bill to President Trump's desk for his expected signature -- after Speaker Nancy Pelosi backed down from a push to include restrictions on immigration enforcement that could have scuttled the measure.

In doing so, Pelosi risked a severe backlash from the progressive base calling for those measures, convinced that so-called "guardrails" must be imposed to prevent alleged abuses by border officials.

The bill passed 305-102.

The decision is sure to fuel new unrest inside the caucus. Perhaps the most outspoken member of the progressive wing, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., had declared "Hell no" to voting on the Senate bill.

House approves bipartisan border funding bill, after Pelosi reverses course under GOP pressure

I don't think it was GOP pressure as much as it was media pressure. With all the disturbing things going on at the border, and Piglosi having full knowledge the Democrats played a huge part in it, she wants to get this off the table before their week long Independence Day celebration that the rest of us only get one day off for.

Tramp created the flow of immigrants to the southern border. It has nothing to do with the Democrats. Tramp is the one who campaigned for a Wall and Mexico will pay, he was hoping for an influx and he got it.

The bill passed 305-102.

Tramp created the flow of immigrants to the southern border. It has nothing to do with the Democrats. Tramp is the one who campaigned for a Wall and Mexico will pay, he was hoping for an influx and he got it.
First, who is Tramp?
Trump created nothing. Once again you are misinformed.
Unless you mean he created a good job atmosphere...

The bill passed 305-102.

First, who is Tramp?
Trump created nothing. Once again you are misinformed.
Unless you mean he created a good job atmosphere...
Not misinformed, STUPID

I wonder how many seats she was afraid they might lose...
They have a little better chance of winning more seats this year thanks to the inaction of the repubs..
We shall see...
Fankly I don't care anymore since it seems to turn out the same no matter who or which side is pulling the strings.

Good!
Then stop posting since you don't care. You add very little, anyway.

I wonder how many seats she was afraid they might lose...
They have a little better chance of winning more seats this year thanks to the inaction of the repubs..
We shall see...
Fankly I don't care anymore since it seems to turn out the same no matter who or which side is pulling the strings.

Good!
Then stop posting since you don't care. You add very little, anyway.
You are not worth giving much to...So don't apply for disaster relief from the flood of migrants..

Dem's are now being blamed for sitting on their hands and claiming the border crisis was fabricated. Now that it blew up in their face Dems are beginning to fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Forum List

Back