pies are not just for the holidays.....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
hmmm i have noticed from the best pie thread that yall reserve the pie for the holidays...why? i have found most people are terrified of pie crusts...so let me post a few hints here ...this is without a doubt the best and easiest pie crust recipe i have found:

Easy Double Pie Crust

makes a double pie crust....tells you exactly how...i use wax paper to roll mine out with...i have a fancy pie plate and a simple pie plate and a deep dish pie plate...

pies are a simply and easy dessert... it does not take a lot of time to put a pie together...you can select a simply pie recipe or a complex one...its up to you.

the main thing is fresh and good stuff to go into the pie....make a good crust....and fill it with good filling how can you go wrong?

so i am gonna advocate pie....at least once a week.....the best pie crust recipe is listed above...now let me find an easy pie filling that is not an arm and a leg...fruit is so high right now...

ooo of course..we will start with egg pie.....lol or quiche...quiche is excellent for lunch or combined with fruits for dinner or a simple salad or soup.

now this is from fanny farmer an excellent cookbook...if you own no other cookbook get this one...

Quiche: bacon, with vegetarian option | Hip Mama

she uses a pastry shell i use a plain pie shell....whatever suits you....just like what you put in the quiche i am not big on swiss cheese...i prefer veggies and a wee bit of cheese...its a good way to use leftovers...

now for the dessert pie....lets do key lime?

the secret to good key lime pie is good key lime..now are you gonna go to the store and buy bags of key limes and squeeze them...welll you could...but those in the know...go to the baking aisle and find the following Nellie & Joe's famous lime. follow the key lime pie recipe on the bottle and you cant go wrong...now i add a bit more key lime cause the man likes it tart....excellent and easy....now come on....no more of this pies are just for holidays...get in the kitchen and bake a pie

We have pie all year long in my family. My mom makes the best crust ever, and mine is a close second.

I love to cook and I LOVE to make desserts. My best pies are pecan and apple. There's a pie thread around here? :tongue:

come on allie post your recipe for pie crust and any hints....there is a best pie thread but i am hoping to est a pie baking thread to help people who only bake at the holidays

Americans need to eat more humble pie.

Not to worry, our economy is cooking up plenty for everybody, I suspect.

Americans need to eat more humble pie.

Not to worry, our economy is cooking up plenty for everybody, I suspect.

Oh stop it, why do you want to bring politics into a pie thread? :confused:

Oh stop it, why do you want to bring politics into a pie thread? :confused:

Agreed says the oldster regarding the youngster, regarding the middle. ;)

It's not about politics, but I'd bet that most of the great pies the liberals love are baked by conservatives. :tongue:

It's not about politics, but I'd bet that most of the great pies the liberals love are baked by conservatives. :tongue:

I know the stuff I use in my recipes isn't on anyone's health food list. Some of it could kill ya, but what a way to go. :eusa_angel:

I know the stuff I use in my recipes isn't on anyone's health food list. Some of it could kill ya, but what a way to go. :eusa_angel:

I hear you! Myself battling high blood pressure and winning thus far. Exercise and diet are carrying the day. Yet, when it comes to the holidays, I still go all out. As I said, loathed even towards Crisco, but when push comes to shove, meaning taste comes to health...

Forum List

Back