Piers morgan's top 10 firearms tips.

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Oh, did I say Piers Morgan? I meant the Founding Fathers

Gee, I wonder whose counsel is more valuable and timeless: that of America's Founding Fathers -- or of Piers Morgan?

10. “Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.” --George Washington, First President of the United States

Read more good stuff @ Doug Ross @ Journal: PIERS MORGAN'S TOP 10 FIREARMS TIPS. Oh, did I say Piers Morgan? I meant the Founding Fathers

Piers uses all kinds of racist code words in this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpu4hn5l6dk]Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. America's Got Talent Audition - YouTube[/ame]

Piers doesn't want to go back to England. He doesn't want to pay the high taxes there.

He'd much rather rip off his employers in the USA by pretending to be a talent judge, and then pretending to be some sort of intellectually superior U.S. Constitution scholar.

I never thought I'd EVER say this, but I miss Larry King.

Oh, did I say Piers Morgan? I meant the Founding Fathers

Gee, I wonder whose counsel is more valuable and timeless: that of America's Founding Fathers -- or of Piers Morgan?

10. “Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.” --George Washington, First President of the United States

Read more good stuff @ Doug Ross @ Journal: PIERS MORGAN'S TOP 10 FIREARMS TIPS. Oh, did I say Piers Morgan? I meant the Founding Fathers

Actually you meant bogus made-up crap. This quote is completely fabricated. :bsflag:

I suppose we should be ready for a slew of these made-up quotes as the Almighty Gun Festishists flail away desperately in search of anything to rationalize their teenage fantasies, so... on this page (and others) are a neatly packaged slew of more fake gun quotes. Collect the whole set. Amaze your friends.

This quotation, sometimes called the "liberty teeth" quote, appears nowhere in Washington's papers or speeches, and contains several historical anachronisms: the reference to "prairie wagon" in an America which had yet to even begin settling the Great Plains (which were owned by France at the time), the reference to "the Pilgrims" which implies a modern historical perspective, and particularly the attempt by "Washington" to defend the utility of firearms (by use of statistics!) to an audience which would have used firearms in their daily lives to obtain food, defend against hostile Indians, and which had only recently won a war for independence.

The "99 99/100 percent" is also an odd phrase for 18th century America, which tended not to use fractional percentages. It's clear that "Washington" is addressing "gun control" arguments which wouldn't exist for another couple of centuries, not to mention doing so in a style that is uncharacteristic of the period, and uncharacteristic of Washington's addresses to Congress, both of which exhibited a high degree of formality.

Also debunked here and here ("see Misattributed") and discussed here, with references.

I mean ... "prairie wagons"? "Rifles"? I'm not a gun owner and even I could see the sloppy anachronisms. When you've got a quote that doesn't pass the smell test, put it into Google. It's interesting what you find. And equally interesting to see who makes things up to push an agenda.

It appears the link's Jefferson quote (#5) is bogus as well. Good source there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back