Pierogies for breakfast in the sunroom.

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
Cabbage Pierogies yum, yum.
20181013_092700.jpg
20181013_092824.jpg

Second photo is much better. I've only had potato and or cheese pierogies. Have you had them with cabbage and sausage??

I've never had fresh pierogies. Good for you for still having salt and pepper on the table.

Second photo is much better. I've only had potato and or cheese pierogies. Have you had them with cabbage and sausage??
Basically, perogies, pelmeni, vareniki, ravioli, etc, are small dumplings with a filling. Size, shape, and fillings are determined by region and country.

I've never had fresh pierogies. Good for you for still having salt and pepper on the table.

Good eye OL. I have made pierogies. You can get them frozen. Almost as good.
Is the pasta a flour and water base like Italian pasta?
The main difference in all of these doughs are the types of oil or buffer and the number of eggs. Also, some recipes call for buttermilk and even sour cream. Pasta and ravioli generally call for more eggs than perogies.

I'm not sure. I have only made pasta once once a long time ago. Any wa

The main difference in all of these doughs are the types of oil or buffer and the number of eggs. Also, some recipes call for buttermilk and even sour cream. Pasta and ravioli generally call for more eggs than perogies.
Thank you C.

My mistake. I was thinking about empinodas, not pierogies. One is fried, the other boiled.

Forum List

Back