Pictures from China

Truman123

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2014
The Little Red Book
image.jpg

I wasn't expecting that photo when I entered this thread.

What's next, Mein Kampf?

I just took a break. I've been writing about Mao's Purge of the Sparrows, which was no doubt the most egregious example of mass murder via stupidity in human history. He loathed the little birds, and just to gaze on one made him visibly shudder. So in the 1950’s, he drafted millions of peasants to the task of purging them from the Chinese landscape.

They almost wiped the little birds out, billions of them. Then all the insects that would have been eaten by the sparrows, gorged themselves on China’s grain crop. The resulting famine cost 30 million lives. Not only was he history's greatest mass murderer, Mao was probably history's second biggest asshole to boot. Only Joseph Stalin superceded him there.

Before he died, famed political scientist, Rudolph Rummel, and many Chinese academics besides, tried to collate the butcher’s bill. It’s a seemingly unending task. The tally now stands at 140 million murdered human beings. And that’s just for Stalin and Mao. That doesn’t include all their fellow travelers.

That’s something for all you possessors of the little Red Book to be proud of, isn’t it?

The funny thing about the little red book is that it's become a very commercial item for selling to tourists. How ironic.

Well not really. Mao wasn't really a Communist. He just hung with the Communists and took them over, like Stalin really.

Mao was just an idiot, not many leaders in history have been as thick as Mao.

The funny thing about the little red book is that it's become a very commercial item for selling to tourists. How ironic.

Well not really. Mao wasn't really a Communist. He just hung with the Communists and took them over, like Stalin really.

Right. Let me guess, real communism has never been tried.

I just took a break. I've been writing about Mao's Purge of the Sparrows, which was no doubt the most egregious example of mass murder via stupidity in human history. He loathed the little birds, and just to gaze on one made him visibly shudder. So in the 1950’s, he drafted millions of peasants to the task of purging them from the Chinese landscape.

They almost wiped the little birds out, billions of them. Then all the insects that would have been eaten by the sparrows, gorged themselves on China’s grain crop. The resulting famine cost 30 million lives. Not only was he history's greatest mass murderer, Mao was probably history's second biggest asshole to boot. Only Joseph Stalin superceded him there.

Before he died, famed political scientist, Rudolph Rummel, and many Chinese academics besides, tried to collate the butcher’s bill. It’s a seemingly unending task. The tally now stands at 140 million murdered human beings. And that’s just for Stalin and Mao. That doesn’t include all their fellow travelers.

That’s something for all you possessors of the little Red Book to be proud of, isn’t it?
Yes, the man was full of bad ideas.

Well the USSR never made it. Lenin and co were Communists but they really didn't get very far. Stalin clearly wasn't a Communist. The closest might have been Gorbachev, and his implementation led to the dissolution of the USSR.

China never was Communist. Mao wasn't then Denh XiaoPing took over and it's been a Capitalist wet dream, one state system ever since, with a nice red flag with some stars pretending.

I'd say Communism has worked in the past, but mostly in small hunter gatherer communities, but even then it wasn't really Communism.

Proper, PROPER Communism as set out by Marx, what would be reached at the end, has probably never existed except in small communities, there are such ones, when I worked in Colorado there was a guy who was going to move into one. It takes so much trust to have everyone equal and everyone working together for a common goal, that I don't think it could happen even in a small city.

You're doing an injustice to the word bad.

Funny thing is. Mao killed perhaps 30 million Chinese people, probably way more than this. He's on their banknotes.

The Japanese probably killed far less than 30 million Chinese (still bad, but that's not the point) and they're seen as the big evil (especially for Nationalist purposes, they're the common enemy for the Chinese people, like Islam has become for the US)

Well the USSR never made it. Lenin and co were Communists but they really didn't get very far. Stalin clearly wasn't a Communist. The closest might have been Gorbachev, and his implementation led to the dissolution of the USSR.

China never was Communist. Mao wasn't then Denh XiaoPing took over and it's been a Capitalist wet dream, one state system ever since, with a nice red flag with some stars pretending.

I'd say Communism has worked in the past, but mostly in small hunter gatherer communities, but even then it wasn't really Communism.

Proper, PROPER Communism as set out by Marx, what would be reached at the end, has probably never existed except in small communities, there are such ones, when I worked in Colorado there was a guy who was going to move into one. It takes so much trust to have everyone equal and everyone working together for a common goal, that I don't think it could happen even in a small city.

You're so predictable.

You're doing an injustice to the word bad.

Funny thing is. Mao killed perhaps 30 million Chinese people, probably way more than this. He's on their banknotes.

The Japanese probably killed far less than 30 million Chinese (still bad, but that's not the point) and they're seen as the big evil (especially for Nationalist purposes, they're the common enemy for the Chinese people, like Islam has become for the US)
Liberals have a love affair with mass murderers.

breivik-vs-guevara_zps158cab23.jpg

But they have to be liberals in order to be loved and admired.

Forum List

Back