picture

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
Okay, for those who requested a picture, here you go. It's about ten years old. The hairline has moved a little further north but otherwise nothing has changed much.

This picture was taken in the control tower of a stagefield. I was the flight commander and those are two of my instructors with me. They had just sent their students on their first solo flight and we were keeping an eagle eye on the junior birdmen just in case they got in trouble.

An no - the indented area around my head just above my ears is NOT a congenital defect. I had just taken off my flight helmet and my hair was still compressed. So there.

Attachments

• $Tothtwr1995.jpg
    $Tothtwr1995.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 181
dilloduck said:
Who is hiding behind those Foster-Grants ?? :huh:
The edit should explain it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do this picture thing. Thought I could fine-tune the entry before somebody looked at it.

Wrong again.

Merlin1047 said:
Okay, for those who requested a picture, here you go. It's about ten years old. The hairline has moved a little further north but otherwise nothing has changed much.

This picture was taken in the control tower of a stagefield. I was the flight commander and those are two of my instructors with me. They had just sent their students on their first solo flight and we were keeping an eagle eye on the junior birdmen just in case they got in trouble.

An no - the indented area around my head just above my ears is NOT a congenital defect. I had just taken off my flight helmet and my hair was still compressed. So there.

You DO look like the sadistic twerp that you are. :D

Kidding, quite cute really....tres bien! :p:

Said1 said:
You DO look like the sadistic twerp that you are. :D
:p:

Actually, truth be told, I'm not sadistic. I'm an incurable smartass with a sense of humor which often overrides what little good judgement I might otherwise possess.

But then I figure that I'm not really required to exercise much intelligence. That's one of the reasons I have a wife.

:smoke:

Merlin1047 said:
Actually, truth be told, I'm not sadistic. I'm an incurable smartass with a sense of humor which often overrides what little good judgement I might otherwise possess.

But then I figure that I'm not really required to exercise much intelligence. That's one of the reasons I have a wife.

:smoke:

Ok, sucker for punishments then? :D

Mr. P said:
I'm think I know you! Merlin.
Well, at least you look familiar.
Maybe it's the flight suit.:D

Entirely possible.

My flight school class was 67-9.
After leaving the Army, I came to Ft Rucker in 73.
Worked in Primary Flight Division in various capacities till 98 when I developed some premature ventricular contractions. Left the flight line one jump ahead of the flight surgeon and transferred to the Academic Division. Currently I'm the asst. director for academics.

Merlin, You look like a typical flying ace war hero type! Too cool for school!

Merlin1047 said:
Entirely possible.

My flight school class was 67-9.
After leaving the Army, I came to Ft Rucker in 73.
Worked in Primary Flight Division in various capacities till 98 when I developed some premature ventricular contractions. Left the flight line one jump ahead of the flight surgeon and transferred to the Academic Division. Currently I'm the asst. director for academics.

So you may have known Harvey Shawab(sp), Jim? Fig, Curtis Mcvey...
That's all I can remember from Hanchey.
I worked out of Cairns 79-86.

Assistant Director for Academics....fancy title for a guy that brings donuts to the boss and takes the blame for everything that goes wrong.

Nice pic.

Mr. P said:
So you may have known Harvey Shawab(sp), Jim? Fig, Curtis Mcvey...
That's all I can remember from Hanchey.
I worked out of Cairns 79-86.

Yup, knew all those guys. Harvey's last name is Schwab.

Mr. P said:
Nice ta see ya back D...guess the plane didn't crash.:D

It DID, but as part of a GWB-Administration cover-up, this is actually a special agent POSING as -=d=- so ppl will never be the wiser :)

Forum List

Back