Picture of Rihanna's Face Released

Nothng wrong with that. And if/when a conviction is recorded then that contempt can go into overload. I'm mindful of the presumption of innocence for procedural reasons and it's a good thing. But if and when someone is convicted then you can load up the truck of contempt and dump the load on whoever it is who's convicted, and rightly so. But I'll put money on it that someone will try and minimise this. I've seen it before and it disgusts me.

If he did do it I hope it isn't her that tries to minimize it by rationalizing it to protect him. This wasn't some heated moment open handed slap ... which I understand is bad too, though Sean Connery may disagree ... in this case she took a pretty bad beating.

If he did do it I hope it isn't her that tries to minimize it by rationalizing it to protect him. This wasn't some heated moment open handed slap ... which I understand is bad too, though Sean Connery may disagree ... in this case she took a pretty bad beating.

I agree absolutely. I think we may see the well-known cycle of dv acted out here. Of course I'm not making any assumptions about guilt. Frankly I don't expect justice, but hopefully my overly cynical view will be proven wrong.

I've seen many dv victims over the years and many worse than this but that young woman suffered a beating. She suffered a beating. No-one can inflict that sort of injury (prima facie at least) without being really bloody determined to inflict pain.

I don't really know who this woman is, or for that matter who here attacker was, either.

But if this serves to remind us that domestic violence continues to be a problem, and if it serves to remind us that it isn't just poor people who are involved, it might have served some good purpose, anyway.

Here's what Chris Brown will be doing in prison.

$chris-brown.jpg

That's not a microphone.

He hasn't been convicted yet, hold off on the assumptions.

He came out and apologized and never said the allegations were false. I think he did say there was more to the story tho. Speculations that she hit him first, but I wouldn't say that justifies a vicious beat down if true.

Forum List

Back