Picture of ArchAngel

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
He wanted me to post this on his behalf...

attachment.php

Attachments

• $opxfidisa.jpg
    $opxfidisa.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 159
Hagbard Celine said:
He looks kinda like Gomer Pile from the Andy Griffith show.:laugh:

could very well be...but..at least I don't look like a wannabee gay vampire...from "lost Boys"! :lame2:

archangel said:
could very well be...but..at least I don't look like a wannabee gay vampire...from "lost Boys"! :lame2:

He kinda gotcha their Fagbard . . . err. . . I mean Hagbard. :bye1:

-Cp said:
He wanted me to post this on his behalf...

attachment.php

Must be nice to have your own Mustang Arch. . . . except for the upkeep. I worked at an airport FBO when I was in school. I would hangar and fuel the aircraft and one guy, an oilman, had his own 51. It was very nice with a paint job that was predominantly white with red and blue stripes. He once told me that beast drank 50-60 gallons of 100 octane aviation fuel per hour, then there was the private mechanic, etc.
Nothing sounds like the P-51, and my father told me that nothing flew like one either. Imagine being 19 and having your name on the canopy of your own Mustang. 9 hour missions without autopilot, just the stick between your legs and a couple of coke bottles to piss in, those guys were something special. :usa:

sitarro said:
Must be nice to have your own Mustang Arch. . . . except for the upkeep. I worked at an airport FBO when I was in school. I would hangar and fuel the aircraft and one guy, an oilman, had his own 51. It was very nice with a paint job that was predominantly white with red and blue stripes. He once told me that beast drank 50-60 gallons of 100 octane aviation fuel per hour, then there was the private mechanic, etc.
Nothing sounds like the P-51, and my father told me that nothing flew like one either. Imagine being 19 and having your name on the canopy of your own Mustang. 9 hour missions without autopilot, just the stick between your legs and a couple of coke bottles to piss in, those guys were something special. :usa:

I could only wish...met a guy at the Carson,Nevada air show two summers ago..he owned it...I got to take a ride as it was the two place tandum trainer model...just had to pay the gas...was a blast... got the controls for about five minutes...as close as ya can get to flying a jet!

Zhukov said:
Are you really short? 'Cause that 'stang looks enormous next to you.

the P-51 is a rather large fighter...however I suppose I am short...5'7" 145lbs...the pic was pretty bad...I was recovering from a industrial inj...was leaning on a Canadian crutch...and the T-shirt was oversized...spilled some coffee on mine and borrowed one from a larger guy! :huh:

archangel said:
the P-51 is a rather large fighter...however I suppose I am short...5'7" 145lbs...the pic was pretty bad...I was recovering from a industrial inj...was leaning on a Canadian crutch...and the T-shirt was oversized...spilled some coffee on mine and borrowed one from a larger guy! :huh:

It IS a large plane. 32 feet long, almost 14 feet high. The torque from the engine, if too much power was applied during takeoff roll, could flip the plane on it's canopy. My father always said that takeoff and landing that airplane seperated the men from the boys. . . he was flying one at 19, hard to believe what our fathers and grandfathers did at such a young age. B-17 pilots were considered old men at 23.

New Topics

Forum List

Back