Picture From Protest March At Berkeley (NWS)

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
You have to admire his honestly and sense of priorities.

Do we know anyone who goes to Berkeley?

Attachments

• $hippypus.jpg
    $hippypus.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 80
If you continue to think that Berkeley is the last outpost of hippy liberalism, you are still stuck in the 60's. I would venture to say that conservatives probably outnumber liberals now. They just aren't as active.
Berkeley has become a fairly elite school that does not accept everyone. It costs about $20,000 per year. It is a very difficult school, so it doesn't draw as much of the party crowd as other state universities.
During the months leading up to the 2004 general election, conservative groups were very active on campus. I went to some of their rallies. They were easy to get along with, because the majority of them were intellectual and non-confrontational. They stayed fairly low key, since most people continue to perceive Berkeley as a hippy paradise.
Believe it or not, students don't come to Berkeley to protest. They come to get a great education.

Gabriella84 said:
If you continue to think that Berkeley is the last outpost of hippy liberalism, you are still stuck in the 60's. I would venture to say that conservatives probably outnumber liberals now. They just aren't as active.
Berkeley has become a fairly elite school that does not accept everyone. It costs about $20,000 per year. It is a very difficult school, so it doesn't draw as much of the party crowd as other state universities.
During the months leading up to the 2004 general election, conservative groups were very active on campus. I went to some of their rallies. They were easy to get along with, because the majority of them were intellectual and non-confrontational. They stayed fairly low key, since most people continue to perceive Berkeley as a hippy paradise.
Believe it or not, students don't come to Berkeley to protest. They come to get a great education.

Um.....Gabriella.....

It was a joke.

Humor section.

Funny Ha Ha.

Bueller....Bueller...

Cloudy? Jet fumes?

Bueller

It would probably work for a while too, like those signs the drunk beggars have that shay, "Why lie, I need a beer..." when they are panhandling.

You need one hell of a sense of humor to spend 20+ years as a lib.

Shattered said:
You need one hell of a sense of humor to spend 20+ years as a lib.

She complimented Darin in another thread.

Has she seen the light? Drunk this evening?

Fluke?

GotZoom said:
She complimented Darin in another thread.

Has she seen the light? Drunk this evening?

Fluke?

Kissing ass to get into the green. :D

I've always shown a sense of humor, although it normally surfaces as mocking sarcasm.

But it would take a LOT of green to make me kiss anyone's ass. I leave that task to Congressional lobbyists.

Don't worry too much about it. I say some nice and thoughtful things occasionally. But deep down inside, I remain despicable liberal scum. :blah2:

Forum List

Back