Picking on Fox News again.....ho hum

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by krisy, Jul 9, 2004.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Check this article out. The Idiots at CNN and MSNBC are so pissed about Fox News being on top,someone has to decided to make a movie about it. Sounds like Fox has some good ammo though. It isn't hard to prove the bias on CNN,that is for sure!! I also cannot believe the New York Times may actually step in and defend Fox!!!!

http://www.drudgereport.com/foxf.htm

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I want to see it. A media war. Go ahead. we dare you CNN. Bring your liberal Bias out in the open so FOX can show everyone how thye've had the wool pulled over their eyes.

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I would like to see it too. Fox is no stupid network. They have been bashed before and come out swinging. What I can't figure out is,how does CNN or MSNBC have the ball to call Fox bias?! CNN is well known for their Liberal tilt,and MSNBC is just trying to keep up with everyone else. The only good thing they goin is Joe Scarborough,who actually defended Fox news(maybe about this subject,didn't hear the whole thing) the other night,and asked how other media outlets could call them biased when most of the media is sooo left wing. It will be interesting,that's for sure!!!

4. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    are you surprised this is an election year anything could happen!:p:

:ali:
    have left the building

:D

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    When their perception of the center is the far left, i guess Fox's centerview looks far right to them.

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    I've seen the liberals play this game before. Accuse your enemy of your most egregious, outrageous crime, in the hope that, in the ensuing round of shocked, dumbfounded responses, the more weak-minded among us will be moved to say, "Well, each side accuses the other - it probably goes on with both sides." Crime obscured, opposition neutralized, mission accomplished.

Liberals are past masters at this sort of deception. Maybe, someday, conservatives will get smart enough to stop playing into their hands.

7. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I know what you mean,insein. I have tried to really look at Fox news and listen to their writing. I think they are fair...plain and simple. I believe they are not liked because they are actually nice to the Republicans,and fair at least. This is what CNN does not get. Be fair,and maybe,just maybe you will get more viewers. Republican viewers at that!! AS far as the ABC,NBC,CBS go,they will never change until Rather,Brokaw.andJeninngs are retired.Even then there is probably no hope!! I hope they get more info out on this movie soon,I can't wait to see Fox's retaliation!

8. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Great post! Please send a copy to Bush! :(

9. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    it's funny, cuz lately I have actually thought that if anything, I have been hearing a lot of negative stuff about Bush on Fox. They don't gloat on it like CNN et al do, but they have been reporting a lot of negative OPINIONS about Bush lately almost as if the OPINIONS are not opinions, but news. That part has been bugging me.

I think FOX is very fair and you're right, that is what is killing them. The left doesn't like fairness. Especially when it points out their falacies.

10. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Perception is part of the LMM's shell game. The other morning, I watched a network talking head (some Deborah Norville clone) interviewing a "political analyst" about the effect Edwards would have on the Democrat ticket (the "analyst", of course, was the author of the liberal diatribe, "Taking America Back"). Would Edwards, the interviewer wanted to know, be able to capture the hearts of undecided, moderate voters? But she crafted (or, rather, her scriptwriter crafted) the question in a very sneaky, subtle way:

"Will Edwards inspire some voters who might have voted Republican to move back toward the center?"

Ah, good old professional detatchment and network objectivity.