• Keith Moon

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Gene Krupa

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Buddy Rich

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course it's John Henry Bonham. Just one listen to "When The Levee Breaks" and you'll hear him playing drums like a lead guitarist would. He never just tapped out the beat like Ringo did, he could actually drive the song forward by himself.

I saw Led Zep at The Forum in L.A. in August of 1977. Bonzo did a twenty minute drum solo!

Last edited:
Of course it's John Henry Bonham. Just one listen to "When The Levee Breaks" and you'll hear him playing drums like a lead guitarist would. He never just tapped out the beat like Ringo did, he could actually drive the song forward by himself.

I saw Led Zep at The Forum in L.A. in August of 1977. Bonzo did a twenty minute drum solo!

yeah, he was almost as good at playing lead drums as keith moon, who invented it. listen to any old Who- drums are the lead instrument.

Keith Moon was the best. A lesser known drummer that was great was Cozy Powell who played with Ritchie Blackmore in Rainbow and also with Black Sabbath, Michael Schenker and Whitesnake. He died in a car crash in 1998.

A drummer survey and Ginger Baker isn't included?

see [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87rBka3GhYc]YouTube - Cream - Toad - Drum Solo[/ame]

There's others there, that capture "Toad" played in Cream's heyday.

Toad was the song which really started that whole period where every RnR song included a ten minute drum solo, folks.

I confess I can't choose the "best" drummer because to my untrained ear, they all sound like "the best" when I'm listening to them.

FYI, my mother got high with Buddy Rich back in the 40s.

Her one and ONLY foray into the dark work of (gasp!) marijuana addiction.

That is ALL you're going to tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :question::question::question::question::question::question:

Forum List

Back