Pick the Winning Ticket

Given the big two tickets, which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

Interpol

Radical Centrist
Apr 14, 2012
U.S.
Okay, so it's Romney/Ryan vs. Obama/Biden.

Has a nice ring to it don't it?

Please vote. Tell us which side will win and why.

I don't care if you're voting Green or Libertarian or writing in Ron Paul or Elmer Fudd or whoever else. You know it's between these two camps.

Will the incumbent ticket with O'Bamey and old uncle Gaffey hold on for a win or will the bizarro Kerry/Edwards ticket in Romney/Ryan be the winners?

You're asking two questions. In the title you're asking to pick the winning ticket, in your OP you're asking who we're voting for.

I'm voting Romney/Ryan. Do I think that's the winning ticket? Honestly, the odds are against them. Simply because it is hard to unseat a sitting POTUS. If it were an open contest, I think they'd win it. As it is, I think it's more likely Obama will hold on to the Presidency but I won't help him do that.

Obama will win the election, I think most of us already know that.

You're a fucking Australian... you do know you can't vote in our elections, right?

And, according to the non-partisan polls from outside the US, it's a dead heat. Frankly, it shouldn't be. Obama should be polling much, much stronger than he is. He may well lose. We'll see. I don't think either side has this one in the bag.

Oh boy, such a choice, Lung Cancer vs. Esophageal Cancer. Doesn't matter who wins, 300 million others lose.
I'd go fishing, its a more productive use of time.

Last edited:
I'm there with California Girl. I hope we are not right, but it's going to be a tight race and not enough people are paying attention to the facts. Will Romney use his money wisely in the remaining time and fare well in the debates? I certainly hope so.

We cannot afford four more years of Obama. It would be disastrous.

I'm there with California Girl. I hope we are not right, but it's going to be a tight race and not enough people are paying attention to the facts. Will Romney use his money wisely in the remaining time and fare well in the debates? I certainly hope so.

It's waaaay too early for most Americans to pay much attention. From September, that's when people start to wake up to it. The Dems will just vote dem, the GOP will just vote GOP... it's the rest of us, those that hold no allegiance to either of these bunch of assclowns that carry elections. That's where Obama's real problem is... those who believed the crap last time are unlikely to be quite so easy to fool this time.

It's waaaay too early for most Americans to pay much attention. From September, that's when people start to wake up to it. The Dems will just vote dem, the GOP will just vote GOP... it's the rest of us, those that hold no allegiance to either of these bunch of assclowns that carry elections. That's where Obama's real problem is... those who believed the crap last time are unlikely to be quite so easy to fool this time.

And the debates will be crucial....

I don't care if you're voting Green or Libertarian or writing in Ron Paul or Elmer Fudd or whoever else. You know it's between these two camps.

Will the incumbent ticket with O'Bamey and old uncle Gaffey hold on for a win or will the bizarro Kerry/Edwards ticket in Romney/Ryan be the winners?

Obama/Biden
The next 4 years will see 3 supreme court justices turn 80+. The man who serves will likely get to appoint multiple justices. Center left is how I like my justices and Obama is Center-Left if he is anything.

And the debates will be crucial....

Hardly.

Debates are now co-hosted infomercials with a moderator and panel which acts as masters of ceremony. Nothing new will be learned. It's a good thing for the Governor that the format is so lacking in uncovering the candidates since he is so secretive.

Obama and Biden will win and the reason is that the average American voter is an idiot. Like Ron White says, you can't fix stupid. The stupid people will still vote for Obama no matter what.

If you took everything those Obama people know about politics, the economy, foreign affairs, and history, and shoved it up an ant's ass, it would rattle around like a BB in a box car.

Obama/Biden
The next 4 years will see 3 supreme court justices turn 80+. The man who serves will likely get to appoint multiple justices. Center left is how I like my justices and Obama is Center-Left if he is anything.
As if there would be an appreciable difference between Obama appointees and Willard's?

Obama/Biden
As if there would be an appreciable difference between Obama appointees and Willard's?

It depends on two things; the source code and the hardware.

The source code is the person POTUS selects. The hardware is the Senate.
If you're in your first term and are banking on getting anything through Congress or a hostile Senate; you will likely pick an appeasement candidate as to not derail the rest of your agenda. If you're Obama and in your second term, the pressure to ram anything through Congress is lessened--not gone but lessened so you may be more apt to swing for the fences.

I have been disappointed in Obama for being happy with singles when he should have been swinging all along. But I think he's less naive about how obstructionist Congress is, how little they respect their jobs, how much of an ego they have, and being the grown-up in the room is good for a lot of things; getting your agenda implemented isn't one of them.

So yes, I think between the two men, Romney will have to pick a more middle of the road jurist if the Senate remains Democrat. If the GOP wins the Senate and Romney wins the White House, Roe could be gone. Regardless of where the Senate lands, the President has a much less restrained hand in selecting nominees.

...and the two party plutocracy's dog and pony show between the Pandercrats and Repandercans continues on...

Uncle-Sam-PuppetMaster.jpg

Obama/Biden

It depends on two things; the source code and the hardware.

The source code is the person POTUS selects. The hardware is the Senate.
If you're in your first term and are banking on getting anything through Congress or a hostile Senate; you will likely pick an appeasement candidate as to not derail the rest of your agenda. If you're Obama and in your second term, the pressure to ram anything through Congress is lessened--not gone but lessened so you may be more apt to swing for the fences.

I have been disappointed in Obama for being happy with singles when he should have been swinging all along. But I think he's less naive about how obstructionist Congress is, how little they respect their jobs, how much of an ego they have, and being the grown-up in the room is good for a lot of things; getting your agenda implemented isn't one of them.

So yes, I think between the two men, Romney will have to pick a more middle of the road jurist if the Senate remains Democrat. If the GOP wins the Senate and Romney wins the White House, Roe could be gone. Regardless of where the Senate lands, the President has a much less restrained hand in selecting nominees.
Roe gone?
Hardly. The GOPers have had much greater opportunities than the future portends to do this. All the right to life stuff has been simple pandering to that part of the base with no intention to follow through.
Ron Paul had a simple and effective proposal to do away with Roe, and it was ignored. Not enough bombast.

If you are polling in the area where I live you would have a very hard time finding anyone that would vote for Obama. If all you do is sit at home and watch TV news, picking a winner would be determined by which news network you watched. I change stations often therefore I do not think I am affected by the TV or at least I hope I am not.

I lived and worked through the Jimmy Carter years where the nation was not only economically depressed but emotionally depressed. The country has that same feel today therefore I feel it would be very difficult for Obama to win in such an atmosphere.

Unfortunately there are many racist in the country but I feel they will counter act each others vote. There are probably as many voters that will vote for Obama because he is black as there are that will vote against him because he is black.

You're asking two questions. In the title you're asking to pick the winning ticket, in your OP you're asking who we're voting for.

I'm voting Romney/Ryan. Do I think that's the winning ticket? Honestly, the odds are against them. Simply because it is hard to unseat a sitting POTUS. If it were an open contest, I think they'd win it. As it is, I think it's more likely Obama will hold on to the Presidency but I won't help him do that.

So you're a trickle-down person, yes?

The Ryan Budget is your thing? Give all our wealth to the Mitt Romneys of the world and they'll magically pass it on to the rest of us?

You're okay with Medicare being turned into a voucher program?

Forum List

Back