Pick a Movie and Rate It

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Confessions of a Superhero (2007)

This is a documentary about a group of folks who dress up as superheros and make their living on tips taking photos with tourists.

All of these people want to be in the movie industry, and make a decent living from tips. They were on the news when they became overly aggressive with tourists. By law, they can't demand to be paid for being in photos. They will say "We work on tips." Sometimes, particularly the person who plays Batman gets enraged and will go after those who don't "tip." These people are glorified panhandlers.

Sad, but intriguing. The guy who has a stunning resemblance to Christopher Reeves claims he is the son to Sandy Dennis (Who's Afraid of Virgnia Woolf? and Splendor in the Grass). Superheros they are not, but they have few options at this point.

Either 75 or 80 out of 100.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

100 out of 100

John Cleese is a funny motherfucker!
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jO1EOhGkY0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jO1EOhGkY0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The last movie I saw was Pedro Almodovar's La Mala Educacion/Bad Education, a movie about an actor and a film-maker who used to be childhood lovers at the strict catholic school with the creepster child-molesting priest, and the film that comes about from their collaboration.

Eh, while I thought the story telling was effective and the plot was twisted enough to keep it interesting, the movie was just a little too flamboyantly homoerotic for my taste.

All in all, I'd give it a 6/10

transsiberian 2008....plot...american couple meet up with drug smugglers...etc.
alright.....is the best i will give it...i did like the scenery...

5 out of 10

100 million bc.....i caught this on sci fi ...its is so bad...its funny...the dinosuears are funny...the acting is terrible..the plot is terrible....but hey i watched it all...

3 out of 10

The last movie I saw was Pedro Almodovar's La Mala Educacion/Bad Education, a movie about an actor and a film-maker who used to be childhood lovers at the strict catholic school with the creepster child-molesting priest, and the film that comes about from their collaboration.

Eh, while I thought the story telling was effective and the plot was twisted enough to keep it interesting, the movie was just a little too flamboyantly homoerotic for my taste.

All in all, I'd give it a 6/10

Did you see Pedro Almodovar's Volver. I liked that one very much. Penelope Cruz is so pretty.

funniest movie I've seen in years was Wedding Crashers...

"I've got a stage 4 clinger" :lol:

Just saw Twilight this past weekend. I haven't read the books but my daughter has and we both loved it.

funniest movie I've seen in years was Wedding Crashers...

"I've got a stage 4 clinger" :lol:

Just saw Twilight this past weekend. I haven't read the books but my daughter has and we both loved it.

John Beckwith: Claire's mom just made me grab her hooters.
Jeremy Grey: Well snap out of it! What, a hot older women made you feel her cans? Stop crying like a little girl.
John Beckwith: I wasn't crying like a little girl.
Jeremy Grey: Why don't you try getting jacked off under the table in front of the whole damn family and have some real problems, jackass. Hey, what were they like anyway? They looked pretty good, are they real? Are they built for speed or comfort? What'd you do with them? Motorboat? You play the motorboat?
[makes sputtering motorboat noise]
Jeremy Grey: You motorboatin son of a bitch! You old sailor you! Where is she? She still in the house?
John Beckwith: What's wrong with you?
Jeremy Grey: What do you mean "what's wrong with me?" What's wrong with you?
John Beckwith: No, what's wrong with you?
Jeremy Grey: No, what's wrong with you? You're projecting!
John Beckwith: Drop it.
Jeremy Grey: You drop it! You stop projecting on me! Why don't you go enjoy yourself while I go ice my balls and spit up blood.
John Beckwith: Drop it!
[starts walking away]
Jeremy Grey: Team player!

Lumpy Mattress?

Yeah could have been the mattress, or the midnight rape, or the nude gay art show that went on in my room last night

Best movie ever made: 'The Natural', with Robert Redford & Glenn Close

Worst movie ever made: 'Ed Wood', with Johnny Depp

-Joe

sealybobo quoted "Wedding Crashers":
Why don't you go enjoy yourself while I go ice my balls and spit up blood.

I second your nomination of this movie - I spit soda at this line the first time we saw it in the theater. Crying laughing funny.

Did you see Pedro Almodovar's Volver. I liked that one very much. Penelope Cruz is so pretty.

Ah, yeah, I saw it right when it came out, so I don't remember two well. (Yeah, two years isn't a lot but my memory span is short). I remember liking it but not particularly loving it, but I'm just not sure what it was about it that I felt could've been better. But it was definitely better than Mala Educacion, so it still gets 7 or 8 out of 10 or so.

Penelope Cruz is a fox. :eusa_drool:

I was getting a lot of his movies since the university library has so many of them, but I'll probably be moving on to Ingmar Bergman now. SDGOSIDuGSAo.

Movie: Rocky Balboa

Surprisingly...I loved this last (hopefully!) installment in the Rocky saga SO SO SO much more than any other movie but the first. The Rocky Balboa character was portrayed fairly realistically as a real exfighter, a grieving spouse, and a father trying to relate to his son. It was enjoyable.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

100 out of 100

John Cleese is a funny motherfucker!
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jO1EOhGkY0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jO1EOhGkY0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Holy Grail is one of the two funniest movies ever made (the other being Young Frankenstein).

My pick for a film is a documentary called Murderball. It's about the U.S. paraplegic olympic rugby team. Brillianly done. Not maudlin or depressing at all. And these guys are amazing.

I give it a 90 out of 100 in the doco catagory.

Forum List

Back