Physicians VS. Gunowners

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
a. The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are
c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

(Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health & Human Services)

Now think about this:

Guns:
a. The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age
groups) is 1,500.
c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do"

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban
doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

(Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the
statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.)

There is actually something even more dangerous than doctors or lawyers: breathing!

Everyone who dies breathes right before doing so.

This is not a coincidence.

its a shame too. because some people are using the 02 that i may need at another time...lol

I've seen this somewhere before and thought it was pretty interesting. I'm sure there are many more causes of death out there than gun accidents- obesity, vehicular, etc. I don't see many people out there claiming that we should rid the country of cars or food.

Neither one of those is specifically referenced in the Constitution.

Moi,
the thing that gets me is people who sue the gun manufacturers. this has to be the most rediculous thing ive ever heard of.
people get run over my cars and trucks all the time, but you dont see anyone lining up on the auto makers

Please note, this post says "accidental" gun deaths - how about all the gun deaths that were deliberate - they would far outnumber anything that doctors statistics would show!

It's an underreported bit of information, but the lives saved due to defensive gun ownership dwarf intentional death by firearm.

And if adjusted for gang violence, the amount of deliberate gun deaths falls considerably.

i think it should be mandatory that everyone own at least one fire arm. that way people will already know there is a gun on the other side of the door instead of wondering if there is

It's not a coincidence that the murder rate falls when gun ownership is liberalized, that the murder rate falls. The murder rate in Florida, for example, fell dramatically when it was made easier for law-abiding citizens to legally acquire guns.

Here you go: :)

Gun Control Hasn't Helped Chicago, Group Says
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Morning Editor
January 05, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - Second Amendment supporters say strict gun control has made Chicago the most murderous city in the nation for the year just ended.

"Chicago finished off the year with more murders than New York or Los Angeles," said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. "During the past 12 months, 599 people were murdered in Chicago, three more than in New York, where 596 people were slain, and about 100 more than in Los Angeles."

Gottlieb called it "remarkable" that Chicago, New York and Los Angeles have some of the nation's strictest gun laws, but even so, they still lead the nation when it comes to the number of homicides.

Gottlieb, in a press release, noted that Chicago Mayor Richard Daley has made his "anti-gun philosophy" a cornerstone of his administration, to the detriment of the city.

He compared the situation in Chicago to that in Detroit, where the once-high murder rate has dropped to its lowest level in years.

"Two years ago," Gottlieb noted, "Michigan reformed its concealed carry law, and today, thousands of law-abiding citizens in Michigan are legally armed. Gosh, do you suppose there is any correlation?"

Mayor Daley should publicly admit that gun control in his city has been an absolute failure, Gottlieb said.

Chicago police announced last week that the city ended the year 599 homicides, down from 648 a year earlier and 665 in 2001. It's the first time since 1967 that the total has dropped below 600, the police department said.

Chicago police superintendent Philip Cline blamed the city's murder problem on gangs, guns and drugs.

The Second Amendment Foundation says it is dedicated to "the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms," and it actively works to inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

link

Incredible isn't?

When law-abiding people have the means to defend themselves, criminals are less inclined to attack them.

Go figure.

What also amuses me is how the loudest proponents of gun control are career politicians and celibrities who have armed body guards or conceal carry permits of their own.

Gottlieb called it "remarkable" that Chicago, New York and Los Angeles have some of the nation's strictest gun laws, but even so, they still lead the nation when it comes to the number of homicides.
the problem is they are making it harder for the law abidding citizen to get access to home defense weapons. they arent doing shit to limit the control of arms that get into the criminals/ felons hands.

im not 100% sure, but i dont think that felons have a line to themselves for getting guns legally. hell even in my area i can get a .38 on the streets for next to nothing. whose stopping the criminals from doing the same thing they have been doing for god knows how long.

Originally posted by Johnney
Moi,
the thing that gets me is people who sue the gun manufacturers. this has to be the most rediculous thing ive ever heard of.
people get run over my cars and trucks all the time, but you dont see anyone lining up on the auto makers
I have a feeling they do. The MOST ridiculous thing I've ever heard of is the idiots who allow them to sue the gun manufacturers and the juries who award them!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back