Physicians for a National Health Program

Contessa_Sharra

Searcher for Accuracy
Apr 27, 2008
Physicians for a National Health Program

Our Mission: Single-Payer National Health Insurance

gregsilver.jpg

Greg Silver, MD

The U.S. spends twice as much as other industrialized nations on health care, $7,129 per capita. Yet our system performs poorly in comparison and still leaves 45.7 million without health coverage and millions more inadequately covered.

This is because private insurance bureaucracy and paperwork consume one-third (31 percent) of every health care dollar. Streamlining payment through a single nonprofit payer would save more than $400 billion per year, enough to provide comprehensive, high-quality coverage for all Americans.

Click here to learn more about single-payer national health insurance

Don't give up yet. We will probably have to acheive it in small steps. Having said that, I am 65 years old, and expect to see it in my lifetime.

Don't give up yet. We will probably have to acheive it in small steps. Having said that, I am 65 years old, and expect to see it in my lifetime.

They're going to put out a watered-down (so-called) public option that is doomed to fail; then those who were opposed will start bleating that it proves there shouldn't be universal coverage... blah blah blah. I hope you're right, but I don't think so...

They're going to put out a watered-down (so-called) public option that is doomed to fail; then those who were opposed will start bleating that it proves there shouldn't be universal coverage... blah blah blah. I hope you're right, but I don't think so...

Their reasoning, those nay-sayers, would be that the best way to maintain a car is, if it runs poorly, punish it by withholding needed repairs.....

Forum List

Back