Photoshop Assistance?

Noomi

Ninja Kicker
Jul 6, 2012
Australia
I have a couple of photos that I want to make black and white, and I also wish to eliminate background that I don't like in order to focus on the person in the images.
My sister says I don't have to pay to get Photoshop but I do need to download it, however she doesn't seem very interested in helping me out, despite my asking.

Does anyone know how I can change these images? I need them for a birthday gift for a very dear friend of mine.

You mean like this?

0203-obama-shooting-photo-flap.jpg_full_600.jpg

scissor+skeet+shooting+by+Barack+Obama.jpg

I have a couple of photos that I want to make black and white, and I also wish to eliminate background that I don't like in order to focus on the person in the images.
My sister says I don't have to pay to get Photoshop but I do need to download it, however she doesn't seem very interested in helping me out, despite my asking.

Does anyone know how I can change these images? I need them for a birthday gift for a very dear friend of mine.
You can download a free version of an older CS2 version of Photoshop here:

Adobe Photoshop CS2 Free Download - TechSpot

You can download a 30 day trial of the current version from the Adobe website or from this link:

About.com: http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp

Once you have Photoshop, converting to B&W is quite easy. After you open the photo, go to the "image" menu and choose "mode" and then "grayscale."

Removing the background can be more difficult depending on how complicated the background is. It involves making a selection of the background and then deleting it.

Good luck.

Once you have Photoshop, converting to B&W is quite easy. After you open the photo, go to the "image" menu and choose "mode" and then "grayscale."

Removing the background can be more difficult depending on how complicated the background is. It involves making a selection of the background and then deleting it.

Good luck.

Do NOT change the mode to grayscale until you remove the background.

The more variance in colors you have the easier it is to select that which you want removed.

AS I something of a master at removing backgrounds (I have done that to perhaps 10,000 images) the real difficulty is SELECTING the stuff you want removed.

Once you have done that the "remove color" tool is usually the best tool to remove unwanted parts of the image.

Oh you can delete it out, but usually that's harder than identifying it by color and removing it by color, too.

No problems go to the Adobe photo shop and change their Color in Adobe photo shop format. tell me pleas e which program you are for this design.

How does a thread this old get brought back up? Oh well. If anyone wants a free, opensource, graphics program GIMP is the way to go.
wilber.png

New Topics

Forum List

Back