Photos of everything retro and vintage

1094c166a8b4132acfb26f430dd1a399.jpg
mix that with a pint if everclear and you have a drink feared by many,,

Those are great little amps. Most 50s tweed Fenders are, though. I’ve been using a USA Pro Jr for a few months now. Nice tone for a modern amp.
What kind of music do you play?
I had a Pro Jr. for a few years. It couldn't keep up with a moderate drummer, so I sold it. Pointing the knob indices toward each other was the sweet spot IIRC. Mine was the first iteration.

I've played in classic rock, modern rock, jump blues, variety dance, and C&W bands in the past.
I'm not currently in a band, so I record tracks in my home studio. I do everything from heavy metal, to Paul Simon, to Frank Zappa.

What are you mostly into playing?

I had a Pro Jr. for a few years. It couldn't keep up with a moderate drummer, so I sold it. Pointing the knob indices toward each other was the sweet spot IIRC. Mine was the first iteration.

I've played in classic rock, modern rock, jump blues, variety dance, and C&W bands in the past.
I'm not currently in a band, so I record tracks in my home studio. I do everything from heavy metal, to Paul Simon, to Frank Zappa.

What are you mostly into playing?
Yeah, the pro juniors aren’t for gigging outside of a winery or coffee house. Definitely a living room amp for me. It’s a Zinky design, and I had a couple MOFOs back when I was gigging, so I have a soft spot in my heart for them.

Yeah, the pro juniors aren’t for gigging outside of a winery or coffee house. Definitely a living room amp for me. It’s a Zinky design, and I had a couple MOFOs back when I was gigging, so I have a soft spot in my heart for them.
Bruce Zinky designs and makes some fine amps. I haven't played one, but I'm pretty sure that I would like to.

Bruce Zinky designs and makes some fine amps. I haven't played one, but I'm pretty sure that I would like to.
I’ve always wanted one of the early Tone Master heads. Bruce left Fender because they started cutting corners and not building them as well as he designed them. He advised me to get a pre-500 serial number. Too much amp for me these days, though. 100 watts of tone!

I’ve always wanted one of the early Tone Master heads. Bruce left Fender because they started cutting corners and not building them as well as he designed them. He advised me to get a pre-500 serial number. Too much amp for me these days, though. 100 watts of tone!
Since it's solid state it only packs the SPLs of a 22W tube amp. Which should be easily manageable.

My number one has always been my '78 Norlin Les Paul Custom.
I bought it brand new when I was 21. $770 w/chainsaw case.

View attachment 935638

What's yours?
‘78 LP must be heavy! lol.
When I was playing loud in bands, I generally used late 80s PRS standards with pickup upgrades. These days, I mostly play a partscaster that I put together myself. Tokai TST56 neck, super light Strat body, and a fantastic set of zexcoil pickups.
IMG_8173.jpeg

I also recently picked up an Indonesian EVH Wolfgang standard because I missed Floyd rose tomfoolery. Great guitar for the money.

Forum List

Back