PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images

Say what??????? Kidding, right? NOPE

If you have visited a website recently that displays images hosted on Photobucket, or are embedding images hosted on Photobucket on your own, you may have had a rather rude awakening one day as Photobucket decided to block these images from being displayed on third-party sites.

All Photobucket images hosted on third-party sites, at least from what we can tell, are replaced by a dummy image. It reads: Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. For important info, please go to www.photobucket.com/P500.

Tip: We have published a Photobucket alternatives guide for users of the service who are looking for an alternative.

According to some users that we spoke with who are affected by this, this happened without prior notice or any form of warning on Photobucket's part.

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images - gHacks Tech News
That's what ya get for using Photosuckit........... Never used it, never needed to. :dunno:

Hey now.

I have had it many mucho years.

What do you use?
google PICASA 3

I hate to tell you Kat but I still see the stuff in your sig.

And I use photobucket and my images are still showing... it must be a cap of usage?

I put them back in with that other program. I can get to my images....they show..in PB, but after they are linked out was when they all of a sudden went bad.
I am good now......unless I have to move those off PB. I need someone to do it for me. I think you could? :eusa_angel:

I use tinypic you can make an account there and store them.

I'm not having a problem with it...I don't think....it's working here...

100_1925_zpsz5cq1del.jpg
I love walking through the woods in the fall.

I do also, that one was taken at Coopers Rocks :)
Hey... are you thinking what I'm thinking?

If you have visited a website recently that displays images hosted on Photobucket, or are embedding images hosted on Photobucket on your own, you may have had a rather rude awakening one day as Photobucket decided to block these images from being displayed on third-party sites.

All Photobucket images hosted on third-party sites, at least from what we can tell, are replaced by a dummy image. It reads: Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. For important info, please go to www.photobucket.com/P500.

Tip: We have published a Photobucket alternatives guide for users of the service who are looking for an alternative.

According to some users that we spoke with who are affected by this, this happened without prior notice or any form of warning on Photobucket's part.

Expensive !!!

That's what ya get for using Photosuckit........... Never used it, never needed to. :dunno:

Hey now.

I have had it many mucho years.

What do you use?
google PICASA 3
I use Picasa but haven't in quite a while considering it was the only reason I used to post my own picts on the forum. Last I read Google was retiring Picasa.

If we have to move pix out of PB, how would one go about doing that besides moving to our own pc then into another program?

If we have to move pix out of PB, how would one go about doing that besides moving to our own pc then into another program?

I am not sure there is another way. I wish I could at least move a whole folder.

May do a search ad see what I can find out.

I am not sure there is another way. I wish I could at least move a whole folder.

Let me know what you find out. I was just realizing that I really don't use PB very much anymore; just occasionally. So I may just move the few I can think of I would want to "keep." Thanks.

Let me know what you find out. I was just realizing that I really don't use PB very much anymore; just occasionally. So I may just move the few I can think of I would want to "keep." Thanks.

Same here but I have loads of them in there. Since 2005, including my mom and dad, which I don't want to lose.

Oh btw...you don't lose them. They will actually stay in PB, you just can't use them.

How sucky is that?

Suicide.....

Suicide.....

No need for you to do that! :)

I guess so. Doesn't mean anyone has to pay. I sure won't.

Forum List

Back