photo of my pups

menewa

Jun 2, 2004
Denton, Texas
The big fawn-colored pitbull is Simon. He is only a year old and has a sever case of hip dysplasia.
The small black lab mix is Selma. She's about eight months old and in perfect health.

Nice looking dogs, too bad about your pit bulls hips. Thats a bummer. My chocolate lab had his knee rebuilt last year so I can relate.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Nice looking dogs, too bad about your pit bulls hips. Thats a bummer. My chocolate lab had his knee rebuilt last year so I can relate.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Yeah, it's terrible. If he runs just 30-minutes all free at the park, he can barely stand up. I've took him to a couple of vets and all of the procedures to fix his predicament are fairly expensive. But there is this one procedure where you cut off the end of his leg bone where it connects with his hip and that aleviates a lot of his pain. It's not that expensive either. Me and my wife are going to get it done soon.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Nice dog's Menewa! for the time being you should try giving him tylenol arthritis pills, it's safe and effective for dog's. also much cheaper than what the vet would give. Good luck with the procedure!

I'll try out the tylenol arthritis pills. Thanks! The vet has given me these anti-inflammatory pills called Rimadyl. They are rather expensive, especially for a college student that can only work part time.

Menewa, I had my dog on rimadyl through his recovery. Works great but kind of expenisive. The tylenol sounds like a great idea. I know as my dog grows older he will develop arthritis and I'm looking at pescription costs for him. Perhaps the tylenol will help.

It's good to know that people are taking care of their pets even with added costs.

Originally posted by menewa
I'll try out the tylenol arthritis pills. Thanks! The vet has given me these anti-inflammatory pills called Rimadyl. They are rather expensive, especially for a college student that can only work part time.

My mom's dog has been on Rimadyl as well. Seems pretty effective and apparently expensive. Her dog is a Collie/Great Pyranese mix and weighs about 100 pounds and has hip problems too. He is going to have to get surgery one of these days. Good luck with your pups,they are beautiful!!!

Forum List

Back