Photo: 84-Year-Old Occupy Protester Pepper-Sprayed In The Face

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
PEPPER-SPRAY-DORLI-RAINEY.jpg

By Dean Praetorius

A woman old enough to be a grandmother is quickly becoming the face of Occupy Seattle.

Dorli Rainey, the 84-year-old, pictured in the photo below, has been an activist since the 1960s and even ran for mayor of Seattle in 2009, according to the Atlantic Wire. She ultimately dropped out of the race saying, "I am old and should learn to be old, stay home, watch TV and sit still."

As the Atlantic points out, she certainly didn't seem to listen to her own advice.

Rainey was among a group of Seattle protesters scattered by police on Tuesday. A pregnant 19-year-old woman was also reportedly hit by pepper spray Tuesday, The Associated Press reported, though police haven't confirmed the incident.

A priest was also among those pepper sprayed during the protesters' march from their camp at Seattle Central Community College to Westlake Park, according to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Police officers on bicycles attempted to block the protesters' way. After tensions mounted, the police used pepper spray to disperse the crowd.

More: Dorli Rainey, 84-Year-Old Occupy Seattle Protester, Pepper Sprayed In The Face (PHOTO)

The state will continue to escalate the situation, which will only embolden the movement. Wont be long before someone is killed, watch what happens then.

I'm happy....

If an 84-year-old activist tried to impede me for political reasons I'd punch it in the face...

Just because you're 84 - that doesn't mean you're incapable of being a punk.... It means you're 84...

Please provide proof that she was an OWS protester, and not a plant put there to stir up trouble.

I'm happy....

If an 84-year-old activist tried to impede me for political reasons I'd punch it in the face...

Just because you're 84 - that doesn't mean you're incapable of being a punk.... It means you're 84...

Hell, you fuckers have been impeding the whole country for the past three years... I think you all ought to be punched in the face.

I'm happy....

Negged for being slime.

Good...

Only a fucking moron like yourself deem old people from having nefarious intent or being responsible for their actions..

I'm happy....

Hell, you fuckers have been impeding the whole country for the past three years... I think you all ought to be punched in the face.

As long as they are not a woman or over 80.

Now some priests do deserve to be punched in the face and castrated too.

Forum List

Back