Phoenix Mayor Says Boycott Causing "Near Economic Crisis"

what costs more money illegals or loss of conventions. I bet it is the Illegals. the cost of innocent lives from the murdering illegals is worth more than the lost convention money!!!!

Phoenix Says Immigration Law Boycott Is Causing 'Near Economic Crisis' | TPMMuckraker

Zachary Roth | May 13, 2010, 3:02PM

The City of Phoenix -- a convention hot-spot -- is facing a "near economic crisis" caused by lost revenue stemming from organizations canceling events in response to Arizona's controversial immigration law, according to its mayor. <more>

OMG!!!!....3 canceled.....i wonder how many are going to take their place.....if this place booms with Conventions and Tourism this summer Junky....will you report on that?....or just do what you usually do....go on to another thread?....

Phoenix Says Immigration Law Boycott Is Causing 'Near Economic Crisis' | TPMMuckraker

The City of Phoenix -- a convention hot-spot -- is facing a "near economic crisis" caused by lost revenue stemming from organizations canceling events in response to Arizona's controversial immigration law, according to its mayor. <more>

OMG!!!!....3 canceled.....i wonder how many are going to take their place.....if this place booms with Conventions and Tourism this summer Junky....will you report on that?....or just do what you usually do....go on to another thread?....

The rnc convention..the all star game that wont happen, the dnc convention WILL NOT COME HERE...oh yeah, no biggie.

uh oh...better turn it back over to the illegals! who's gonna cut the grass?

Americans cut the grass before the illegals came here and do it for 10 cents to the dollar the American's use to get paid. They say Americans won't do this work. This is Bullshit Americans will do this work for a good wage not the Illegal wage that the job is paying now!!! Once you give these people Amnesty they will be no use to the illegal employer who they are working for now. These illegals will want benefits and more money and will be let go for the new crop of illegals that will come here and replay the old illegals who will then be unemployed.

uh oh...better turn it back over to the illegals! who's gonna cut the grass?

Americans cut the grass before the illegals came here and do it for 10 cents to the dollar the American's use to get paid. They say Americans won't do this work. This is Bullshit Americans will do this work for a good wage not the Illegal wage that the job is paying now!!! Once you give these people Amnesty they will be no use to the illegal employer who they are working for now. These illegals will want benefits and more money and will be let go for the new crop of illegals that will come here and replay the old illegals who will then be unemployed.

Then the problem is the employers...not the employees.

most of us said that would happen the day the law was signed into law.

*shrug(

wow...jillian's so smart!!!

here's another headline....

"AZ Governor Doesn't Care About Convention Cancellations"

I think she's more concerned about upholding the laws of this land, put in place to protect it's citizens.

There are two states that actually have budget surpluses. Montana and I imagine Alaska. Arizona needs to hang tough. The small whiny/petty leftist boycott isn't a reason to abandon their sovereignty. Just layoff the illegals. What problem?

The rnc convention..the all star game that wont happen, the dnc convention WILL NOT COME HERE...oh yeah, no biggie.

and if 50 take their place....then what are you going to say?...........and Zona why dont you wait for these things to happen before you start the moaning and the lamentations....you sound like all these idiots crying about police civil rights violations that havent happened yet....i just saw few different polls on this....both said around 60-70% of the country kinda agrees with this....and one taken in my LIBERAL valhala of a State said that 47% of Democrats polled here.... said they agree with it......if that many Democrats in this State actually like your new law.....your State just might be the trend setter in dealing with Illegal Immigrants....here is a few......

Poll: Majority Backs Arizona Immigration Bill - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Hot Air Two new polls: Support for Arizona&#8217;s immigration law over 60%
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll: Majority support Arizona immigration law, with reservations - Blogs from CNN.com
Americans Seriously Concerned About Immigration, Poll Finds - NYTimes.com

Last edited:
I just am perplexed by so called Americans who want to punish Arizona for upholding the "rule of law" Is it just me :eusa_eh:

Yes, Willow, it is just you. The rest of us realize that the idea of a officer being able to stop you for no reason, demand papers, and take you to jail if you do not have proof of citizenship on your person is antithetical to our legal traditions.

Is the law making a difference? Are officers really stopping people and finding illegals? Haven't see much about this, just a lot demonstrations and boycotts,

Yes the law is working great. Just not in the way most of us thought it would. What will happen when the businesses in Phoenix fall on hard times? They will cut employees. Where are the illegals going to go to find work? Can you say Los Angeles? This law was brilliant.

Is the law making a difference? Are officers really stopping people and finding illegals? Haven't see much about this, just a lot demonstrations and boycotts,
No, not so far. It was just a political move that will probably end the governor's career

Yes, Willow, it is just you. The rest of us realize that the idea of a officer being able to stop you for no reason, demand papers, and take you to jail if you do not have proof of citizenship on your person is antithetical to our legal traditions.

show us where in this Bill a cop can pull you over ....for the hell of it....

yeah, i'm sure the hookers are in mourning

huge loss for phoenix :rofl:

Forum List

Back