Philosophy forum

I know in Gunny's big bag of yes and nos that he might have a yes for this question:

Can we have a philosophy forum? We have religion/ethics but no philosophy... is this possible pretty please?

Jamie

Personally, I'd love to see the religion forum split from ethics. Perhaps ethics/philosophy in one section and all religion-related discussion in another?

i do know captain crunch (but then, what does "know" mean, for that matter what is "I", and does captian crunch even truly exist).

and what is my idea? to have you post a "dangerous" question? that is on you.

How can you speak of danger and not know about BA Baracus.

I pity the fool. :lol:

If you are going to cyberstalk me, please at least stay on topic in all my topics. Your useless poignant insulting and trolling is getting to be annoying. If you want my attention, all you have to do is ask, but the insults and other pointless posting is really getting old.

I dont mind if people challenge what I have to say in my topics, but the insults, pointless derailing of my threads, and argumentative fallacies are pretty pathetic.

Id appreciate it and respect you more if you did. Thanks.

Jamie

Last edited:

If you are going to cyberstalk me, please at least stay on topic in all my topics. Your useless poignant insulting and trolling is getting to be annoying. If you want my attention, all you have to do is ask, but the insults and other pointless posting is really getting old.

I dont mind if people challenge what I have to say in my topics, but the insults, pointless derailing of my threads, and argumentative fallacies are pretty pathetic.

Jamie
I don't think she was insulting you; B.A. Baracus was played by Mr. T! ;)

I%20pity%20the%20fool!.jpg

Jamie
I hate to tell you this sweethart, but I'm Xenophon, not you.

She quoted my post, not yours.

You seem rather thinned skinned for someone who wants deep conversations, almost shallow.

You are certainly no Templeton Peck.

Gunny - what can in hurt to put in a philosophy sub-forum? Let it run for 90 days and if it's complete shit, then trash it.

And whatever happened to your tame zone or whatever it was going to be called -- where you actually had to use facts to back up your arguments (one would think that should be a pre-requisite for posting on this forum as a whole, but I guess the standards here can't be THAT high)?

Jamie

:lol:

Look "Jamie" how was I stalking YOU by replying to something between Xenophon and Vinny? Did you forget who you were supposed to be again? :lol:

As for what I said, Xenophon got it. It was a joke based on the theme he was riffing on. If you can't take this level of fun & games you aren't going to last around here. Period. Grow a thicker skin or move on. If you can't take me quoting Mr. T in response to something you weren't even involved in then this prolly isn't the place for you.

Jamie

You seem rather thinned skinned for someone who wants deep conversations, almost shallow.

And it's about time you 'face' that fact.

Jamie

"Jamie" and Vinny are making lots of new friends. :lol:

No. That subforum is under the Community forum. It's intent was to be non-political, and not too serious.

Besides why would anyone what to use your personal Chatty Kathy forum to discuss philosophy?:lol:

Uh, because it says, "Talk about ANYTHING... none of it matters?"

Sometimes just "shooting the breeze" with the good folks here on the USMB is what some people want. If Illusion wants to start a philosophy thread there, why couldn't/shouldn't she? :confused:

It's not supposed to be a political forum. I always move the political threads I find in there out.

Okay, but I'm not sure how philosophy is, in and of itself, political.

No. That subforum is under the Community forum. It's intent was to be non-political, and not too serious.

Besides why would anyone what to use your personal Chatty Kathy forum to discuss philosophy?:lol:

Politics derived from Philosophy and is just as Chatty Kathy as anything else :) Philosophy is also something that is highly debated. I know you know this, Gunny, but you cant discredit me for trying :)

Jamie

My response was to Echo. There is NOTHING philosophical about HER CHatty Kathy forum, trust me.:lol: It's more like posting two gay male models and asking which one is the bigger hunk.:eusa_eh:

I'm considering your request. I'm just trying to figure out who on this board could actually post in it honestly.:lol:

I'm wondering who among us really knows enough philosophy to post on such a forum?

I mean real philosophy, now, not OUR philosophies, but the real stuff.

I know damned well I'm not conversant about the real debates that exist in that field.

Are any of us really qualified to pontificate like a philosopher here?

Forum List

Back