Philosophy forum

I could start a philosophy thread, but it would entail talking about so much that it would be hard for some to read all of the pages just to keep up I think. Posting individual topics would be better...for me anyway because of the wide range of topics and issues being discussed.

PS: Gunny, Is there a way to pay for 2 years worth of support on this forum instead of just one?

Jamie

Yeah, wait until the second year. However, it STILL won't get you a subforum.:lol:

You might want to check out the Religion forum before being so gung-ho. That forum STAYS trashed because of a certain crowd of anti's that won't let anyone else post or have a decent discussion. A philosophy forum would be the same.

Support has nothing to do with the philosophy forum. Ive been entertained in the religion forum and have a lot of posts there. It doesnt seem that bad...but then again, I refuse to be told what to do or think there as well. Debate is something I love to do...especially when facts can be presented that enlighten the other parties involved.

Jamie

Have you noticed in the Religion and Ethics forum what the sub-header says? Religion, Philosophy ....:eusa_whistle:

So you are here to enlighten, huh? Think I've heard this line before and know where it goes.

Yeah, wait until the second year. However, it STILL won't get you a subforum.:lol:

You might want to check out the Religion forum before being so gung-ho. That forum STAYS trashed because of a certain crowd of anti's that won't let anyone else post or have a decent discussion. A philosophy forum would be the same.

Support has nothing to do with the philosophy forum. Ive been entertained in the religion forum and have a lot of posts there. It doesnt seem that bad...but then again, I refuse to be told what to do or think there as well. Debate is something I love to do...especially when facts can be presented that enlighten the other parties involved.

Jamie

Have you noticed in the Religion and Ethics forum what the sub-header says? Religion, Philosophy ....:eusa_whistle:

So you are here to enlighten, huh? Think I've heard this line before and know where it goes.

Enlighten.. inspire thought in myself and others...have a decent conversation.. all of the above. I know where it goes too, dont worry. LOL

Jamie

Jamie

Enlighten.. inspire thought in myself and others...have a decent conversation.. all of the above. I know where it goes too, dont worry. LOL

Jamie

Your comment was the comment of a wannabe-elitist -- a one-way street. I'm here to listen as well as talk, but I don't talk to walls.

In order to maintain the Forum Retard Tiara, you must be amusing as well as stupid.

I'm giving it back to Ravi. You have been deposed.

Jamie

Your comment was the comment of a wannabe-elitist -- a one-way street. I'm here to listen as well as talk, but I don't talk to walls.

Everyone must be something and if wannabe elitist is something I am, I cannot change that. However, I would like to refer to myself as a simple energist....facist at times....and purely libertarian.

Listening is something I have to do in order to achieve what I want to achieve in the most respectful manner. If I go into threads and act like a know it all...there is no way I can achieve anything but scorn.

Jamie

Jamie

gunny, for what it is worth, my wife isn't an elitist. she likes to think, and be inspired to think. her-and my-approach is to ask the dangerous questions and see where they lead. that sometimes creates anger, granted, but we hope more for such questioning to inspire thought that we can learn from and use to stoke our own thinking processes.

I could start a philosophy thread, but it would entail talking about so much that it would be hard for some to read all of the pages just to keep up I think. Posting individual topics would be better...for me anyway because of the wide range of topics and issues being discussed.

PS: Gunny, Is there a way to pay for 2 years worth of support on this forum instead of just one?

Jamie

Jamie
Several of us are still waiting in the other thread for you to back up your "facts" :lol:

gunny, for what it is worth, my wife isn't an elitist. she likes to think, and be inspired to think. her-and my-approach is to ask the dangerous questions and see where they lead. that sometimes creates anger, granted, but we hope more for such questioning to inspire thought that we can learn from and use to stoke our own thinking processes.

What do you know of danger?

Will you ask the most burning questions of the age, such as 'How can they redo the A-team if George peppard is dead??!'

I doubt you would dare such a question!!!

Jamie

I see a big RED flag in your careful comment. A cult recruiting tactic maybe?

It looks like posters from across the spectrum are seeing the Vinnie/Illusion(of Jaime) show for the sham it is. :clap2:

Sometimes you guys make me so proud. (where's the shedding a sentimental tear emoticon when you need it?)

Anyone want to start predicting when he/they will storm out in a huff because we're all too stupid to believe his/their crap without links to back factual claims?

You can earn bonus points if you correctly predict whether or not he/they will return after said storming.

Jamie

Religion and philosophy have nothing to do with each other, Gunny. Religion is more about control and money, while philosophy is about critical thought and analysis.

Is that what he's interested in.....I saw some threads but haven't read or posted in them.

Often my favorite reading, particularly political philosophy.

"The perennial ideas that grip the philosophical imagination and more or less exhaust its endeavors can be summarized as two: the idea of meaning or value in the universe, and the idea that reality has an ultimate nature." A. C. Grayling

but then

"We cannot define anything precisely! If we attempt to, we get into that paralysis of thought that comes to philosophers, who sit opposite each other, one saying to the other, 'You don't know what you are talking about!' The second one says 'What do you mean by know? What do you mean by talking? What do you mean by you?', and so on." Richard Feynman

or

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing because plumbing is a humble activity, and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because philosophy is an exalted activity, will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy. Neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." John W. Gardner

or one of my favorites

"Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language." Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Philosophy is not a theory but an activity." Ludwig Wittgenstein

"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes." Ludwig Wittgenstein

Will you ask the most burning questions of the age, such as 'How can they redo the A-team if George peppard is dead??!'

i would not, mostly because i have no real idea what the a team is. i imagine you do though?

i am amazed at your....vitriol? does the mere thought of asking questions raise anger in your fevered mind?

i am supposing that your offer a greater sense of danger than you think i can, so feel free to begin a thread with your most "dangerous" question.

I see a big RED flag in your careful comment. A cult recruiting tactic maybe?

i have been found out. yes, i worship eastern russian organically grown baby carrots, and have been sent out among the dirty unwashed uninitiated to recruit followers for that colorful band of tubers (they will eventually take over the world donchaknow).

care to join? all you need to do is erect a greenhouse, and grow the little fellers to receive a tax exempt growing space! think of it! a footprint as big as you want, and all tax freeeeeeee!!!!!

your red should lean a little more towards pinkish orange.

Often my favorite reading, particularly political philosophy.

"We cannot define anything precisely! If we attempt to, we get into that paralysis of thought that comes to philosophers, who sit opposite each other, one saying to the other, 'You don't know what you are talking about!' The second one says 'What do you mean by know? What do you mean by talking? What do you mean by you?', and so on." Richard Feynman

i lean more towards this, and see this perception as a stumbling block to many trying to understand analytical philosophy. i have undertaken to explain to others the almost insurmountable difficulty to adequately communicate, fully appreciating the irony of the situation. what has been disappointing is that no one i have sought to 'splain this to have noted the irony.

Last edited:

i would not, mostly because i have no real idea what the a team is. i imagine you do though?

i am amazed at your....vitriol? does the mere thought of asking questions raise anger in your fevered mind?

i am supposing that your offer a greater sense of danger than you think i can, so feel free to begin a thread with your most "dangerous" question.

You dare to try and speak of philosphy, yet you don't know of one of the greatest thinkers of our age, Hannibal Smith?

It seems your idea is an epic failure, and I love it when a plan comes together!

You dare to try and speak of philosphy, yet you don't know of one of the greatest thinkers of our age, Hannibal Smith?

It seems your idea is an epic failure, and I love it when a plan comes together!

i do know captain crunch (but then, what does "know" mean, for that matter what is "I", and does captian crunch even truly exist).

and what is my idea? to have you post a "dangerous" question? that is on you.

i do know captain crunch (but then, what does "know" mean, for that matter what is "I", and does captian crunch even truly exist).

and what is my idea? to have you post a "dangerous" question? that is on you.

How can you speak of danger and not know about BA Baracus.

Forum List

Back