Philosophy forum

The Illusion

Energist
Jul 22, 2009
Hades
I know in Gunny's big bag of yes and nos that he might have a yes for this question:

Can we have a philosophy forum? We have religion/ethics but no philosophy... is this possible pretty please?

Jamie

THank you, you beat me to it.

Though the Lame Zone is even more apt. The only purpose for a "philosophy" forum is to give yahoos a place to tell unsupported lies and put forth idiotic, unrealistic proposals and supposals.

Real philosophers actually study philosophy. Noobs who are truth challenged don't qualify.

We have a forum here called, "General Discussion"

If you click on it, it says, "Talk about anything...none of it matters here."

Do you think you maybe could use that forum for your philosophy discussions?

I know in Gunny's big bag of yes and nos that he might have a yes for this question:

Can we have a philosophy forum? We have religion/ethics but no philosophy... is this possible pretty please?

Jamie

I'd just use the Religion and Ethics subsection if I were you. Close enough, right?

And to practice their theories that killing babies, old people and other so-called "defectives" is really the kindest thing for the whole world.

No. That subforum is under the Community forum. It's intent was to be non-political, and not too serious.

Besides why would anyone what to use your personal Chatty Kathy forum to discuss philosophy?:lol:

No. That subforum is under the Community forum. It's intent was to be non-political, and not too serious.

Besides why would anyone what to use your personal Chatty Kathy forum to discuss philosophy?:lol:

Politics derived from Philosophy and is just as Chatty Kathy as anything else :) Philosophy is also something that is highly debated. I know you know this, Gunny, but you cant discredit me for trying :)

Jamie

It would be a forum where mindless drones blather on endlessly, enamored of their own words and juvenile musings, and never have to support any of the idiocy they spout.

Like a message board utopia.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Politics derived from Philosophy and is just as Chatty Kathy as anything else :) Philosophy is also something that is highly debated. I know you know this, Gunny, but you cant discredit me for trying :)

Jamie

My response was to Echo. There is NOTHING philosophical about HER CHatty Kathy forum, trust me.:lol: It's more like posting two gay male models and asking which one is the bigger hunk.:eusa_eh:

I'm considering your request. I'm just trying to figure out who on this board could actually post in it honestly.:lol:

It would be a forum where mindless drones blather on endlessly, enamored of their own words and juvenile musings, and never have to support any of the idiocy they spout.

Like a message board utopia.

How do you really feel, allie?:lol:

Not all philosophy is the sole property of leftist, wannabe-intellectual elitists. It actually can be interesting sometimes, depending on the philosophy.

Uh, because it says, "Talk about ANYTHING... none of it matters?"

Sometimes just "shooting the breeze" with the good folks here on the USMB is what some people want. If Illusion wants to start a philosophy thread there, why couldn't/shouldn't she? :confused:

As you know, I would and so would my husband, Vincubus. I think a few of the ones from religion/ethics would as well. I would propose a trial run of it and see perhaps?

Jamie

Sometimes just "shooting the breeze" with the good folks here on the USMB is what some people want. If Illusion wants to start a philosophy thread there, why couldn't/shouldn't she? :confused:

I could start a philosophy thread, but it would entail talking about so much that it would be hard for some to read all of the pages just to keep up I think. Posting individual topics would be better...for me anyway because of the wide range of topics and issues being discussed.

PS: Gunny, Is there a way to pay for 2 years worth of support on this forum instead of just one?

Jamie

It's not supposed to be a political forum. I always move the political threads I find in there out.

I could start a philosophy thread, but it would entail talking about so much that it would be hard for some to read all of the pages just to keep up I think. Posting individual topics would be better...for me anyway because of the wide range of topics and issues being discussed.

PS: Gunny, Is there a way to pay for 2 years worth of support on this forum instead of just one?

Jamie

Yeah, wait until the second year. However, it STILL won't get you a subforum.:lol:

You might want to check out the Religion forum before being so gung-ho. That forum STAYS trashed because of a certain crowd of anti's that won't let anyone else post or have a decent discussion. A philosophy forum would be the same.

Jamie

Yeah, wait until the second year. However, it STILL won't get you a subforum.:lol:

You might want to check out the Religion forum before being so gung-ho. That forum STAYS trashed because of a certain crowd of anti's that won't let anyone else post or have a decent discussion. A philosophy forum would be the same.

Support has nothing to do with the philosophy forum. Ive been entertained in the religion forum and have a lot of posts there. It doesnt seem that bad...but then again, I refuse to be told what to do or think there as well. Debate is something I love to do...especially when facts can be presented that enlighten the other parties involved.

Jamie

New Topics

Forum List

Back