Philosophical differences...GOP vs. DNC

My youngest continues to ask questions about the ‘Parties” and their distinct differences. She’s gonna follow this thread...help me explain things to a 15 year old.
I’ll get things started.
GOP:
“Let’s get the lower 50% whom contribute very little to do better and contribute more.”
DNC:
“Let’s get the the people already paying our way to pay more.”

GOP:
“Let’s lockdown our borders and focus on taking care of Americans.”
DNC:
“Let’s allow Mexicans, Central and South Americans in to mooch off taxpayers...WE’RE RICH!”

As the great Mudwhistle said recently, if I may quote him, he nailed the whole matter right on the head and gets it exactly right in one fell swoop :

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 3.30.07 PM.png

My youngest continues to ask questions about the ‘Parties” and their distinct differences. She’s gonna follow this thread...help me explain things to a 15 year old.
I’ll get things started.
GOP:
“Let’s get the lower 50% whom contribute very little to do better and contribute more.”
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:
“Let’s allow Mexicans, Central and South Americans in to mooch off taxpayers...WE’RE RICH!”

Show her the platforms of each and let her make her own conclusions.
Platforms mean nothing. They are generally statements made by parties in order to persuade their constituent base to support them. Empty promises. Better to compare platforms with actual facts. Party platforms promise the world, what we need to more carefully examine is how much the parties actually deliver what they promise.

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

Dems: let’s help people who need helping
GOP: Let’s help billionaires

Oops, sorry, you got that a little WRONG (as usual).

It ought to read:

Dems: Let's get people dependent on our government programs then keep them there needing us stuck in poverty forever.
GOP: Let's get people OFF government programs and help them become autonomous and build their own wealth to live a free life.

The old timers ...........Career politicians have sold us out ..........They have been bought off and sold their souls to the highest bidders..............Corruption in our Gov't in rampant.............and it is in both parties............

They come in with little money......and in a short time they are millionaires..........their family members get great high paying jobs for doing nothing.....rewarded for their mom or dad passing laws and regulations that favor their donors..........

They have stole the tax payers money for far too long. They have sold you out. They have stolen and used the Social Security Trust funds and replaced it with a stack of IOU's............They have placed the burden of a MASSIVE debt on our children's future..........and refuse to fix it.........while making more promises that they can't possibly pay for...........

Some in this country are trying to take them out..........Starting with the TEA PARTY...........fighting the corruption and has led us to this day..........now under Trump the Corruption is being called out and shown for what it is..............and they don't like it.............they own the media and they attack with it.........trying to maintain power and keep the PUBLIC from knowing how dirty they are..............

Career politicians need to be thrown out.............and ETHICAL CITIZENS need to replace them.........those that cannot be bought.........and face the INSANE MESS these corrupt politicians have brought us.

The Founders never intended any career politicians like the Bushes or the Clintons, or the Pelosis or the Watters. They intended real people with real lives step into office for just a few years, serve the people, then get back to their own existence...... like Trump.

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

Dems: Let's help people who need helping...and we need the most help.
GOP: Let's help create more billionaires.

American Conservative Philosophers: Positivism and Naturalism: knowledge based on perceptual experience rather than intuition or revelation, and understanding the world through scientific knowledge without scientific findings or methods disproving the existence of God. Belief in God as the ultimate Father of the human race. Belief that we mortal men and women can never know more or better than our Father in heaven.

American Radical Left Philosophers: Transcendentalism, Critical Theory, Deconstructionism and Antipositivism: Emphasizing the intuitive and spiritual above the empirical and material. A philosophical theory essentially seeking to challenge with infinite skepticism all human tradition and morality. A doctrine of removing the intended meaning from the author or builder or creator, and opening that intended meaning to infinite interpretations by the reader or critic or end user of the product. Assertation that human social interaction cannot be studied by scientific means and reliance on subjectivity and intuition to gain knowledge. Belief that man has attained sufficient knowledge and wisdom that God cannot exist in the face of possession of such knowledge. Belief and arrogance that Mankind can or does know better and is wiser than God.

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

I'm nowhere close to being a billionaire yet Trump,like always happens when a conservative is elected has greatly increased my bottom line.

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

imrs.php

Can anyone point to Republican legislation in the last 40 years that doesn’t favor the wealthy over everyone else?

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

I'm nowhere close to being a billionaire yet Trump,like always happens when a conservative is elected has greatly increased my bottom line.
You are kidding yourself
In one pocket, out the other

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

imrs.php

Can anyone point to Republican legislation in the last 40 years that doesn’t favor the wealthy over everyone else?
Point to a Dim who doesn't favor the wealthy.

There's no difference in the parties in terms of legislation. They both produce bad legislation that defeats the cause of Individual liberty.

That said, watch out for moderates. They're the most dangerous faction in the entire American political lexicon. Reason being is that they are the ones who are supporting a combination of all of the bad and unconstitutional, anti-liberty, legislation being shoved down our throats from both parties.

Also --- End The Fed!!! Best advice to ever give a kid right there. Why? Because 90% of America's problems are a direct result of the monetary policy. It's designed to fail. The Federal Reserve is unconstitutional.

One more thing a 15 year old would benefit from learning. Something that most adults can't seem to grasp in America today. There is a distinct difference between a Democracy and a Republic. Any time you hear some person on your television talking about ''Our Democracy''....turn them off. There's no such thing in America. Or change the channel. Watch cartoons or something. I always liked the Bugs Bunny Road Runner Show.

Let us learn...

An Important Distinction: Democracy versus Republic

Cliff notes...

It is important to keep in mind the difference between a Democracy and a Republic, as dissimilar forms of government. Understanding the difference is essential to comprehension of the fundamentals involved. It should be noted, in passing, that use of the word Democracy as meaning merely the popular type of government--that is, featuring genuinely free elections by the people periodically--is not helpful in discussing, as here, the difference between alternative and dissimilar forms of a popular government: a Democracy versus a Republic. This double meaning of Democracy--a popular-type government in general, as well as a specific form of popular government--needs to be made clear in any discussion, or writing, regarding this subject, for the sake of sound understanding.

These two forms of government: Democracy and Republic, are not only dissimilar but antithetical, reflecting the sharp contrast between (a) The Majority Unlimited, in a Democracy, lacking any legal safeguard of the rights of The Individual and The Minority, and (b) The Majority Limited, in a Republic under a written Constitution safeguarding the rights of The Individual and The Minority; as we shall now see.

A Democracy

The chief characteristic and distinguishing feature of a Democracy is: Rule by Omnipotent Majority. In a Democracy, The Individual, and any group of Individuals composing any Minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of The Majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man.

This is true whether it be a Direct Democracy, or a Representative Democracy. In the direct type, applicable only to a small number of people as in the little city-states of ancient Greece, or in a New England town-meeting, all of the electorate assemble to debate and decide all government questions, and all decisions are reached by a majority vote (of at least half-plus-one). Decisions of The Majority in a New England town-meeting are, of course, subject to the Constitutions of the State and of the United States which protect The Individual’s rights; so, in this case, The Majority is not omnipotent and such a town-meeting is, therefore, not an example of a true Direct Democracy. Under a Representative Democracy like Britain’s parliamentary form of government, the people elect representatives to the national legislature--the elective body there being the House of Commons--and it functions by a similar vote of at least half-plus-one in making all legislative decisions.

In both the Direct type and the Representative type of Democracy, The Majority’s power is absolute and unlimited; its decisions are unappealable under the legal system established to give effect to this form of government. This opens the door to unlimited Tyranny-by-Majority. This was what The Framers of the United States Constitution meant in 1787, in debates in the Federal (framing) Convention, when they condemned the "excesses of democracy" and abuses under any Democracy of the unalienable rights of The Individual by The Majority.

A Republic

A Republic, on the other hand, has a very different purpose and an entirely different form, or system, of government. Its purpose is to control The Majority strictly, as well as all others among the people, primarily to protect The Individual’s God-given, unalienable rights and therefore for the protection of the rights of The Minority, of all minorities, and the liberties of people in general. The definition of a Republic is: a constitutionally limited government of the representative type, created by a written Constitution--adopted by the people and changeable (from its original meaning) by them only by its amendment--with its powers divided between three separate Branches: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. Here the term "the people" means, of course, the electorate.

The people adopt the Constitution as their fundamental law by utilizing a Constitutional Convention--especially chosen by them for this express and sole purpose--to frame it for consideration and approval by them either directly or by their representatives in a Ratifying Convention, similarly chosen. Such a Constitutional Convention, for either framing or ratification, is one of America’s greatest contributions, if not her greatest contribution, to the mechanics of government--of self-government through constitutionally limited government, comparable in importance to America’s greatest contribution to the science of government: the formation and adoption by the sovereign people of a written Constitution as the basis for self-government.

Last edited:
The Founders never intended any career politicians like the Bushes or the Clintons, or the Pelosis or the Watters. They intended real people with real lives step into office for just a few years, serve the people, then get back to their own existence...... like Trump.

They never intended for people to accept or reject the Constitution piece meal either. The Constitution is meant to be accepted and supported fully or rejected fully. There is no in between.

In other words, you can't claim to defend the 2nd Amendment, yet turn around and totally expell the 1st, 5th, and 10th.

Ahem

Last edited:
I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

You are kidding yourself
In one pocket, out the other

Unlike you I can count.

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

imrs.php

Point to a Dim who doesn't favor the wealthy.

The Great Obama

It is not apparent that "philosophy" plays a serious part in the dictatorship of the two parties, unless the relentless pursuit of unbridled power can be twisted into a philosophical approach.

Democrats: Support education for all
Republicans: Think education is elitist and should be available only to those who can afford it

Democrats: Support education for all
Republicans: Think education is elitist and should be available only to those who can afford it

I think you mean....
Democrats:
Support other people paying for their education.
Republicans:
Support people paying for their own education.

Forum List

Back