dmp said:
The more I think about this the more I get upset - HOW hard is it to learn:

"Wit, Wiz, to Go."

or

"Wit, American, To go"

or

"Wit, Provolone, To go!"

wow.

If they can make change, buy groceries in the store, pay for gas, do all the small necessary things each day to survive, I'm sure they can learn two or three extra words to order a F'ing sandwich.

dmp said:
WAIT a minute...

F'ing LETTUCE??? on a steak sandwhich??? WTF?

:gay:

He probably gets it with swiss cheese too, lol. Every order a cheese steak hoagie by accident from a local pizza shop? Not a pretty site. Its basically a cheesesteak with lettuce, tomato, onions, salt, pepper oregano etc all on top. I was so disgusted when i did that once because the guys menu didnt say just cheese steak. Never ordered there again.

nukeman said:
(1) I had to pull this part out and ask if you feel that this would be appropriate behavior or not.

I would like to add that the only immigrants that would do that would be the illegal ones. The others are so happy to be in this great country, they learn the language in order to take advantage of all that it has to offer.

(2) You wouldnt eat there because you dont like anyone sticking up for the US. Remember the US is a "Melding Pot" not isolated little pockets of this group or that group. The one thing that has always kept this country together is a common language. (3) If someone doesnt want to learn the common language than dont cry foul when you cant get service. (4) It is not up to the business owner to supply every ethnic group with a translator.

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

1) Of course it's not appropriate. But, its a possibility. Care for any lettuce on your sandwich?

2) That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I wouldn't eat there because Phily is a long way to go for lunch from Columbus. DUH!

3) If you don't like capitalism, that's not my problem. Part of capitalism is public relations. No one is forcing all these companies to provide translated services... they're doing it on their own because it's PROFITABLE. You think banks incur the extra cost for language files for their ATMs for political correctness? Wrong.

4) I'm all for this guy putting the sign up, said so myself. Also said the city should stay out of it.

dmp said:

Why are you upset? The guy is even quoted in the article that he hasn't had to turn a single person away in in the SIX MONTHS the sign has been up. Seems to me that this is a lot of bluster over A NON-ISSUE. You've got your panties in a twist over something that doesn't even EXIST! BUWAHAHAHAHAHA

jasendorf said:
Why are you upset? The guy is even quoted in the article that he hasn't had to turn a single person away in in the SIX MONTHS the sign has been up. Seems to me that this is a lot of bluster over A NON-ISSUE. You've got your panties in a twist over something that doesn't even EXIST! BUWAHAHAHAHAHA

As if to my son, who is 4 years old:

"Hey buddy! I'm upset because Stupid Liberals are making a stink about a sign asking people to place ORDERS for FOOD in the official language of this country!!"

do you try? I mean - do you have 'dense club' practices? Try-outs? Worse?

www.hop.com

Check 'em out.

dmp said:
As if to my son, who is 4 years old:

"Hey buddy! I'm upset because Stupid Liberals are making a stink about a sign asking people to place ORDERS for FOOD in the official language of this country!!"

do you try? I mean - do you have 'dense club' practices? Try-outs? Worse?

www.hop.com

Check 'em out.

Really? That's what you're upset about? Maybe you should figure that out BEFORE you start typing about a guy ordering a sandwich then. Are you just plain stupid or extra stupid? You're a friggin' moron.

Reread your post... you're the one who wrote a little script about a guy ordering a sandwich... not about "liberals making a stink about signs" Dude, really, people can see what you actually posted... it doesn't magically disappear... we can all see that you quite emphatically were NOT talking about liberals making a stink about signs...

dmp said:

"Wit, Wiz, to Go."

or

"Wit, American, To go"

or

"Wit, Provolone, To go!"

wow.

jasendorf said:
Really? That's what you're upset about? Maybe you should figure that out BEFORE you start typing about a guy ordering a sandwich then. Are you just plain stupid or extra stupid? You're a friggin' moron.

Reread your post... you're the one who wrote a little script about a guy ordering a sandwich... not about "liberals making a stink about signs" Dude, really, people can see what you actually posted... it doesn't magically disappear... we can all see that you quite emphatically were NOT talking about liberals making a stink about signs...

Is it that hard to follow along?

This is a natural proression of this discussion.

1. Guy is upset about immigration: Posts English-Only sign.
2. Immigrant right's groups get upset; claim discrimiation.
3. Many people state "Why not learn the language? You are here in the U.S."
4. dmp says..."How hard is it to learn..."

I could probably get there in less than 4 points but I wanted to keep it simple for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
GotZoom said:
4. dmp says..."How hard is it to learn..."

Alright... once again I'll answer since you're too dim to have read it the previous times I wrote it.

Not hard at all seeing as how the owner, by his own admission, hasn't had to refer to the sign even once in the six months it has been up.

Personally, I'd bet that the owner's buddy phoned in the "official complaint" just to get free advertising. Brilliant if you ask me.

jasendorf said:

(sigh) You HAVE to be the stupidest person I've met online in years.

I support the guy's SIGN because, because, as I stated - it's NOT hard to learn how to order food. I'm UPSET that People like YOU are worried some non-speaking SOB might get 'oooh!! OFFENDED!' at the sign.

jasendorf said:
Alright... once again I'll answer since you're too dim to have read it the previous times I wrote it.

Not hard at all seeing as how the owner, by his own admission, hasn't had to refer to the sign even once in the six months it has been up.

Right - and People with what I like to call 'Common Sense' are upset at others - who HAVE to be liberals - who are WORRIED about a problem which does NOT EXIST!

That problem; which doesn't exist, remember, is: Somebody being REFUSED SERVICE.

Since NOBODY has been refused service, Liberals - they MUST be liberals - are worried about creating an 'offensive' atmosphere within the eatery.

Get it? Honestly? If you are having trouble, ask for help.

A BIG threat to mankind is YOU procreating. Please - for the sake of the Human race, get a vasectomy TODAY!

dmp said:
(sigh) You HAVE to be the stupidest person I've met online in years.

I support the guy's SIGN because, because, as I stated - it's NOT hard to learn how to order food. I'm UPSET that People like YOU are worried some non-speaking SOB might get 'oooh!! OFFENDED!' at the sign.

And there's your hypocrisy. This guy puts up a sign to show how offended he is that someone might try to come in and order in a language other than English... WHICH ISN'T EVEN AN ISSUE yet you don't seem upset about that. How slow are you that you can't even see what a hypocrite this makes you? You support the guy posting the sign about a non-issue... but get your panties in a twist over the respondents to that sign?

How big of a moron can you be? Do you realize that your previous posts are right above? You can see them right? I mean, you're inability to even remember what it was you posted makes me wonder why I would even attempt to have a conversation with you.

jasendorf said:
And there's your hypocrisy. This guy puts up a sign to show how offended he is that someone might try to come in and order in a language other than English... WHICH ISN'T EVEN AN ISSUE yet you don't seem upset about that. How slow are you that you can't even see what a hypocrite this makes you? You support the guy posting the sign about a non-issue... but get your panties in a twist over the respondents to that sign?

Bubblehead -

You have a very good/bad ability to add to things. Come up with some theory about the owner being 'offended' about people not-speaking english and base your argument upon that theory. You're stupid. You are really REALLY stupid. The guy owns a store - and can put up whatever he wants. I support ANYONE putting up ANY non-vulgar sign in public. I support Stupid Liberals' right to get pissy. It's STUPID for Liberals to make a big deal out of that dude's sign. He's NOT asking/demanding - he's expressing his VIEWPOINT.

How big of a moron can you be? Do you realize that your previous posts are right above? You can see them right? I mean, you're inability to even remember what it was you posted makes me wonder why I would even attempt to have a conversation with you.

jasendorf said:

The fact of the matter is that people were trying to order in other languages before the sign. The fact that no one has had problems complying after the sign has been put in place indicates that people know how to speak english or have learned enough to place an order not that there wasnt a problem to begin with.

The problem was with people being too lazy to learn enough English to order. Since the owner has not had to turn anyone away since putting up the sign its pretty clear that he succeeding in doing what he wanted to do, getting people to speak english. Despite everything you want to claim it does not show that there wasnt an issue to begin with.

Forum List

Back