Phillies sign Papelbon to 4 year deal

Thank God! Let the Phillies deal with Papelbon and the "cross your fingers and close your eyes when he comes in the game" situation that us Red Sox fans have had to deal with over the past several years.

"Pap" does deserve to make the "big bucks". The Red Sox have had Papelbon "on-the-cheap" for many years. Maybe Pap will be more consistent in the National League.

I wish Pap good luck with the Phillies. He is a good guy, and a tough competitor, even though he isn't a "shutdown closer".

The Red Sox are a MESS right now. No manager. Players leaving. Players who want to leave. Players who drink beer and eat chicken during games. Geez, it's embarrassing! I would love to see Bobby Valentine as their new manager. They need a "baseball man" who has an "edge" to him.

The ONLY good thing to come out of "Red Sox Nation" is that Theo "The Boy Blunder" Epstein has slithered off to the pathetic Chicago Cubs. Epstein is a JOKE. He'll gut the Cubs and sign a bunch of has-beens in no time. If Cubs fans believe that Theo is their savior, they are going to be in for a BIG surprise. Just think of J.D. Drew and John Lackey and Julio Lugo and Carl Crawford and Dice K and the laughable perpetual shortstop revolving door in Boston, and you Cub fans will have a good idea of what you're in for.

Lidge freaked us out just as often in 2008. But that's not the issue here. We have the best rotation in baseball, and looking at the stats we had the best, if not damn close, save percentage, and thats with closer by committee for fucks sake. We also had the lowest save opportunities, mostly because of our starting pitching. Factoring that into our once again sluggish bats in the postseason, im stumped as to why we just blew 60mil to fix something that wasn't broke.

Last edited:
I agree with you, Paulie. The Phillies sluggers simply did not, ahem, step up to the plate in the playoffs.

Forum List

Back