Philippine President says its time for China to say goodbye to US ties

Philippine President says its time for China to say goodbye to US ties - full article

" Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said it was "time to say goodbye" to the US during a visit to China on Wednesday, as the combative leader reconfigures his country's diplomatic alliances.

"Your stay in my country was for your own benefit. So time to say goodbye, my friend," he said, as if addressing the US."

Yeah, I heard his speech on NPR and the idiot is a true idiot. If he think the U.S. has been bad for his nation and believe China will be a better ally, well he is wrong!

Many Chinese business men in the Philippines that has done nothing to help the nation but please let the Phils President cut ties and when his nation need U.S. help in the future the U.S. should flip the rotten bastard the bird and then give him the number to the Chinese Communist Party...

And besides that, his police have no problem mowing down anti-American protesters:

Part of being a Free Country is deciding what countries you do business with and whom you allow to set up military installations on your soil.

Didn't see TPP mentioned.

Duterte is more than an idiot. He will most likely face criminal charges at the end of his 6 years term for killing thousands Filipinos.

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte could face international court over drug war casualties

Bangkok: Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte could face international criminal charges as the death count in his relentless war on drugs tops almost 2000, human rights advocates say.

Comments by the tough-talking former provincial mayor such as "all of you are into drugs, you sons of bitches … I will kill you" could be used as evidence to prosecute him, they say.

Advertisement

Sam Zarifi from the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) says it is likely that as the killings continue lawyers will gather evidence to initiate legal proceedings against Mr Duterte like 9541 victims of the late Philippines dictator Ferdinand Marcos did in the United States in the 1990s.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Forum List

Back