Philanthropist Robert Smith pledges to clear student debt of Morehouse College grads

I'm waiting for a rich WHITE guy to do 5his for WHITE students. I just want to see the reaction of blacks who demand "their" take.

Where have you been? White guys have been doing this since the country was founded.
Got an example where they did this based on race? Provide one example.

Can you tell us where he did this based on race?

Morehouse College. Morehouse College is a private,all-male, liberal arts, historically black college in Atlanta, Georgia

So should black men not donate their time and money to black colleges, not understanding where you are going with this bullshit.
If its THEIR money, they can do with it as they please.

But we all know how the blacks would react if a wealthy white guy did this for WHITE students.

But dont worry. No white guy would ever consider doing that. That would be RAYYYYYSSSSSYSSSS

About a month ago 60 Minutes was on the TV and they were featuring one of the Ivy League schools which came up with a way to suprise their graduating class of medical students with an announcement that their entire student loan debt, many of which where $100,000.00+ would be forgiven. I remember thinking what a wonderful graduation gift that was for these students and what an edge it would give them in pursuing their dreams and now here we have another graduating class having their student loan debt wiped out.

Apparently where there's a will there's a way

Billionaire tech investor and philanthropist Robert F. Smith stunned graduates of Morehouse College in Atlanta on Sunday, pledging tens of millions of dollars to wipe out their student-loan debts.

Wild cheers and astonished looks greeted Smith after he made the gift during his commencement address at the famed, all-male historically black college.

"My family is going to create a grant to eliminate your student loans," Smith told graduating seniors. "You great Morehouse men are bound only by the limits of your own conviction and creativity."

Smith called the gift "a little fuel" for the 396 students who comprise the Morehouse Class of 2019.

"On behalf of the eight generations of my family that have been in this country, we're gonna put a little fuel in your bus," the philanthropist said.

The billionaire pledged to pay up to $40 million to relieve the students' debt — and that eight-digit gift should be more than enough to cover all the grads' loans, a Morehouse rep told NBC News.

Philanthropist pledges millions to clear Morehouse grads' student debt

Good for him! I’m glad to see people giving back.

I wonder if his company is doing the same for all black female college. Spelman College

What difference does it make to you? it is his money, he can give it to whoever he wants or it is his right to keep it. The fact he gave money to a great group of students is admirable, and awesome.

I wonder if his company is doing the same for all black female college. Spelman College

What difference does it make to you? it is his money, he can give it to whoever he wants or it is his right to keep it. The fact he gave money to a great group of students is admirable, and awesome.
It would be nice if he thought to help out the young women who are forced to raise some black guys baby since they dont believe in marriage or responsibility these days.

So it's ok for a billionaire to pay for student loans , but not the Democrats. I see. Ok to someone to give to a charity of his choice or doing a good deed , as long as it's not the government.

Giving your own money to a cause is a good deed. Giving away other people’s money isn’t, dumbass.

Forum List

Back