Philando Castile Protestors – They Don’t Get It

Yes I'd say they at minimum need to change the procedure when stopping a car. That is an interface that is frought with misinterpretation even when there are no bad guys for 20 milles. Like make the law you have to keep your hands on the steering wheel, and when asked for ID use one hand to slowly reach for it. And the cop has to stand back towards the front fender out of direct line of fire. Something.

People say times have changed? Fine, change the way policing is done to update it. These videos of people, and most of them are black make no mistake, who have done nothing wrong yet are murdered by the police, have to end. It looks like what you'd see Soviet or East German police doing in 1976.
Your post was going good (and I was about to check agree), until you botched it by saying >> "These ...people, ... make no mistake,..." Yes they do, and the cause lies not with lack of police training, but with lack of general education of the public, which doesn't even cover interaction with police, and no one is ever tolds that they MUST keep their hands VISIBLE to the cop(s).

Or they need to re-look at their training procedures. More and more I'm convinced that cops aren't taught enough about de-escalating a situation.
Problem lies not with police training, but with with training procedures of SCHOOLS, not teaching ANYTHING about how to interact with police, primarily to keep hands VISIBLE, at ALL TIMES.

[

I wouldn't call it murder. Murder implies intent and planning to kill. It was bad judgement that resulted in the killing of an innocent man. Homicide probably.
Bad judgemrent on the part of schools who didn;t train Philando to keep his hands visible.

It was murder. The man did everything by the book and was obeying the killers orders when he was gunned down by the coward.

You can spin it anyway you want to in an attempt to make the cop look good, but nobody with half a lick of sense is going to agree with you.

His own PD determined what he did was wrong and fired him for it. His family just got a 3 million dollar settlement from the city, so apparently they agreed also. Your hero is a bad cop.

Cops kill more than a thousand people each year and for every one that is a murder there are hundreds of cop apologists just like you who try to blame the victim.

I wouldn't call it murder. Murder implies intent and planning to kill. It was bad judgement that resulted in the killing of an innocent man. Homicide probably.

When you pump seven bullets at a person (five into them) your full intent is to kill that person. If this cop wasn't a full blown coward he could have easily put his gun to the mans head and told him to not move until he figured out what was going on. Or he could have slammed the butt of the gun into the mans face. There was no reason whatsoever to pull the trigger on that man other than the cop was a coward.

I say he murdered the man because he had no justifiable reason to shoot him. Fear is not a reasonable excuse unless you are in actual immediate danger.

I agree he had no justifiable reason - other than fear. It wasn't justified, but murder requires prior intent - approaching the car with the intention of killing the person for example. He could have done a lot of things differently - he either should not have been on the force or he was inadequately trained.
Prior intent is not always required. For example: You shoot at me and accidentally kill my neighbor. Your intent was not to commit murder of that person, but you did it anyway. Another example: You are the get away driver for a bank robber. The robber kills the teller. You had no desire for anyone to die, but are still charged with murder.

This cop was a member of the worlds biggest gang. He was a ''road pirate''. His job was to terrorize the public by wearing a gang uniform and carrying several weapons, at least one of them deadly. He would stop people who were doing nothing but going from point A to point B, harming no one. He would then extort them via tickets. He was, in effect, committing armed robbery and extortion. Any killing, even unintentional during the course of another crime is murder. This cop is a murderer.
IDIOT

Where are the videos of 16 year old white teenagers reaching for ID and getting murdered. Post them up

Where are the videos of 16 year old black teenagers reaching for ID and getting murdered ? Post them up

But that doesn't include where they allow their hands to not be visible to the cop. That's not "murder" That's self-defense (Something your liberal educational system failed to teach you).

Unarmed black man with hands up.

But of course that doesn't happen with the heroic cops who are terrified when an unarmed woman walks to their car.

Or when they murder the black man their daughter is dating.

Mistrial declared for third time for ex-cop accused of killing daughter's black boyfriend

I guess that one doesn't count because the black man was offering to shake the hand of the father of his girlfriend.

Hey, so who cares if the cops murder? War on police. How can we blame the liberals?

Yes I'd say they at minimum need to change the procedure when stopping a car. That is an interface that is frought with misinterpretation even when there are no bad guys for 20 milles. Like make the law you have to keep your hands on the steering wheel, and when asked for ID use one hand to slowly reach for it. And the cop has to stand back towards the front fender out of direct line of fire. Something.

People say times have changed? Fine, change the way policing is done to update it. These videos of people, and most of them are black make no mistake, who have done nothing wrong yet are murdered by the police, have to end. It looks like what you'd see Soviet or East German police doing in 1976.
Your post was going good (and I was about to check agree), until you botched it by saying >> "These ...people, ... make no mistake,..." Yes they do, and the cause lies not with lack of police training, but with lack of general education of the public, which doesn't even cover interaction with police, and no one is ever tolds that they MUST keep their hands VISIBLE to the cop(s).

You didn't read my post. Try again.

But of course that doesn't happen with the heroic cops who are terrified when an unarmed woman walks to their car.
if you're referring to Justine Damond, you might need to show a video of THAT, and where her hands are visible the entire time that she approaches the cop car. Whether she is armed or not, is irrelevant. The cops have no way of knowing if she is or isn't armed. She could be armed, and that's OK, as long as the cops can SEE HER HANDS. Are you getting this ?

All this is pretty simple. It doesn't require much thought - as long as you're not buffaloed by the Obama/Sharpton/Jackson race hustlers propaganda machine.

You didn't read my post. Try again.
I guess I'm referring to claims of people "murdered by the police", when actually police were merely defending themselves from THEM possible being murdered, when a foolish suspect fails to keep his hands visible
(ex. Terrence Crutcher, Philando Castile, Laquan McDonald)

if you're referring to Justine Damond, you might need to show a video of THAT, and where her hands are visible the entire time that she approaches the cop car. Whether she is armed or not, is irrelevant. The cops have no way of knowing if she is or isn't armed. She could be armed, and that's OK, as long as the cops can SEE HER HANDS. Are you getting this ?

All this is pretty simple. It doesn't require much thought - as long as you're not buffaloed by the Obama/Sharpton/Jackson race hustlers propaganda machine.

Absolute bullshit. Back in the "bad old days" the cop had to see a weapon before he fired. It had to be a gun or knife in his had. There were even some departments that required the cops to "shoot second" in other words, they couldn't shoot unless the baddie had shot first.

Then it was a reasonable standard in my mind. You had to see the weapon. Now, if we think it's even remotely possibility that he was once within half a mile of a gun, it's totally justified.

That isn't a standard. That's murder. I shouldn't have to prove I am unarmed. The cop should have to prove I am armed. Let me ask you this. Let's say that a cop comes to my door. How do I know he isn't going to shoot me? How do I know he won't be startled and just start shooting? Don't I have to shoot him to make sure he doesn't shoot me? Of course, if I did knowingly shoot at a police officer, I am committing a crime. But when you turn the standard around, it shows just how blatantly wrong it is.

It shows it when the police are shot by the homeowner, and the homeowner gets away with it. The cops are furious, because their own standard was used against them, and they don't like it.

Some justice in Texas: The raid on Henry Magee

The cops swear that the DA should have gotten the guy, Henry Magee charged with murder, it isn't fair that a cop died. The homeowner was afeared for his life, and saw armed men charging into his house and he opened fire. The same thing the cops do, except that Henry saw the guns before he shot.

It isn't justice, it isn't fair, and it's absolute bullshit. Prove you aren't a drug dealer. Prove you aren't a violent felon, you have half a second. Too late, you're dead.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back