Philadelphia School District: How Liberals Run Public School...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
My Fiance (25) and my best friend (27, male) are teachers in the Philadelphia Public School System and everything Gem said, I hear everynight when my fiance comes home. To add to what Gem said, throw in:

- The Union strictly jumping in on working only till 3:09.
- Teachers being drug from their classroom by Police without notification and taken to the precinct for questioning during school hours for students being injured during fights that werent the teachers fault. (happened to my friend)
- Administration not suspending students because of the quota of absenteeism needing to be met.
-Administration not punishing students that threaten to kill the teacher, slash the teachers tires, destroy the teachers other possessions.
- The Union being a toothless tiger when a student threatens to kill the teacher, slash the teachers tires or destroy the teachers other possessions.
- Affirmative Action

Hows this for a story. The reason my fiance got a job in philly in February was because a Black Female teacher took 6 months sebaticle leave. This teacher didnt do any teaching or discipline for the 5 months she was there. She let the kids do whatever they wanted everyday she was there. The secratary and prep teachers never wanted to deal with that room because the kids were so bad. So my fiance came into one of the worst classrooms in the school. She managed to now make it through 4 months of hell. She would come home some nights crying her eyes out because of the day she had been through. She found out that most of this 6th grade class was 13 and 14 years old and there was one 15 year old to go with the 10 or so 11-12 year olds (you know normal 6th grade age). Any time a fight occurred, the principal and disciplinarian's (both black females) solution was to tell the kids, "Don't do that again." Then they'd send them back to class. Obviously it did jackshit. With all that said, she managed to get them into a manageable status. Prep teachers said that they noticed a difference even though they are still bad. Other teachers commented on how much theyve improved behavior-wise.

So now after she suffered through these 4 months of hell, whats her reward? An offer to stay at the school? No! why? Because shes white. In fact, this school has too many white teachers. 5 other white teachers are being removed from their positions this year in what is called a "forced transfer." OF these 5 teachers only 1 was a new teacher, same as my fiance. The other 4 had at least 2 to 7 years of experience at that school. The same thing happened to my friend since he is also white at a different school. How did they notify them? A letter left in their mailbox saying "You are being reallocated for next year." The School Districts Reason? They feel that the students will learn better with a more "racially balanced" atmosphere than the current one. Oh by the way, the Black Female teacher that my fiance replaced, that only has 4 years experience (less than most of the white teachers being removed), that took 6 months sebaticle leave this year, that apparently took 6 months sick leave last year, that took 6 months family leave the year before that and everytime was retained, and has already unnoficially informed certain teachers that she intends to take 6 months more of whatever the hell else she can think up leave this coming school year, she is being allowed to retain her job making over $50,000/yr. Why? Shes black and they need to fill the quota. Even though she wont be there the whole year, she suits their purposes.

Oh yea, i have full faith in liberals running the public school system now that ive seen what goes on through my friend and my fiance.

Here's an NBC10 news report on the BS teachers face daily.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/9228680/detail.html
NBC10 News Report with footage of students doing all the nasty things you think dont happen in elementary school

http://www.nbc10.com/investigators/9363113/detail.html
http://www.nbc10.com/news/9254731/detail.html

Here's my favorite one.
http://www.nbc10.com/news/9270324/detail.html
Paul Valas' (the CEO of PSD) response when the reports of an 8 year old being beaten daily and not wanting to even sleep for fear of the kids.

"This isn't 'Mayberry RFD,'" said school district CEO Paul Vallas in an interview that aired on NBC 10 News Monday.

Isn't it un-fucking-real how liberals fight tooth and nail to keep racist policies like Affirmative Action in place? Even liberals should be able to look at situations like this and understand that this is only serving to perpetuate racial divides in our country. Sure it may be great for the black person that gets a job when they aren't the best person for the job, but these stories are not isolated instances, and proponets of this need to look at the long term effect. Affirmative Action only serves to benefit one race and hurt another. If you wrong any people in a biased manner they are only naturaly going to feel resentment. Is it really better in the long run for blacks by instituting a racially biased policy towards whites? Is this how liberals think blacks are going to be accepted into "white" society?

Not to mention that i thought the Civil rights act prohibited the creation of laws that discriminated against any race, color or creed. Isnt this then a law discriminating against whites? When will this come before the Supreme Court? :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back