Philadelphia Phillies are World Champions!!

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I had to come out of my retirement to post this.

I can't believe what I witnessed last night, that was just incredible!

The birth of my son was of course the high point in my life, and he had a lung issue after birth that gave us a bit of a scare. When he pulled through it and the doctors said he would be fine, I think that was the greatest feeling I've ever felt, because I was really worried.

But this World Series, and everything I just witnessed last night, is so special to me, for so many reasons. The only thing I feel like I missed out on is being able to share it with my father, who passed away in '94. They didn't play baseball in 94 because of the strike, so our last big sports memory together was the Phillies losing the WS in 1993. So this title is for him too.

I've never been more passionate about anything in my life then sports, especially baseball. I played it all my life, I had a chance to try out for pro ball before I sprained my ankle badly 7 years ago, and the game means so much more to me than just watching it on TV, partying, and being on the bandwagon. Watching the fans celebrate in the stands, watching the players celebrate, the local media, and the fans in the streets celebrating, was just unreal. I'm glad we didn't burn the city down, because I really thought that was going to be a possibility, lol! But we behaved, and so far I haven't heard of anything bad happening. A couple small bon fires in the street, but I've seen that happen in many cities after championships. Late last night in post-game, they reported that with all the mayhem there still wasn't a single arrest. I'm proud of those fans, and no one can say we aren't the best in the world!

I'm going back into retirement, because I just don't have the interest in talking politics online anymore. But I just wanted to chime in here and show my excitement about this.

Stoner, I won't fuck with you at all. Your team was awesome this year, and I said from day 1 of the playoffs that should the Phils not make it, I was a Rays fan. I love those cinderella stories of worst-to-first teams. We were one in 1993, so I can relate. We could very well be meeting each other again in the Classic next year. Here's hoping, dude!

I'll leave you all with a really crappy youtube video with Harry Kalas, the voice of the Phillies, calling the final out for the win. I can't watch this enough!

[youtube]dUeOi0rnnw0[/youtube]

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Congrats, Paul. Been a long time coming. Great season.

EatCrow.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back