Philadelphia Man Charged With Threatening to Kill House Minority Whip Cantor

Cantor is a decent guy. I've met him and he used to be my Representative. He actually responds to and/or returns calls to his constituents. I believe Cantor when he says he was targeted.

Whoever posted that Richmond is a dangerous city was absolutely right. It's a dirty city, as well - and very poorly run. I'm not sure how many people on the City Council ended up in federal prison over bribery and other stuff - but there for awhile, I thought the entire Council was going to be behind bars.

Indeed, and combined with the ability for everyone to carry guns, I would say (if this happened at another time) that this could in fact be a random shot. As it is the timing is too coincidental for me not to suspect something else.

Well, not really
Rep. Eric Cantor says this afternoon that a gunshot was fired through a window of his downtown Richmond campaign office building either last night or two nights ago.

There were no injuries or other details immediately reported. Cantor, in an interview with the Richmond Times-Dispatch, said he doesn’t know whether the shot was random or aimed at the building.

UPDATE: Cantor says shot fired at campaign office building | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Sounds like he's really stretching. But if someone purposely tried to harm him, that is bad.

Heard about it. Which is why I thought Pelosi's comments condeming violence/threats toward Democrats was interesting...

Every time I see Boehner and Cantor together, I can't help but think of Schillinger and Beecher from the HBO series OZ.

I like the way Boehner stands at the podium for a press conference, says something really shitty about Democrats then walks away real fast so nobody can ask him to explain.

Cantor is about the slimiest idiot I've seen since Delay.

Is there a Republican you don't think is slimy?

No matter what one's political stance, violence of any kind is wrong. What is wrong with people? Physical threats, gas lines cut, and now gun shots. This is getting scarier each moment.

I agree. It's been getting worse. I first noticed it back in 2004. Vandals attacking Bush signs and headquarters. It's gotten more contentious.

But hey, I've been saying it's getting violent for years and warning people. They say I'm a kook for it.

The glass doors to the lobby of my apartment complex were shot out (again) two weeks ago.

I don't like Cantor, but I have no reason to doubt him. Investigate, if it's random it's random - but the fact that the first thing that comes to mind is that a Congressman or his staff was targeted is telling, isn't it? This stuff is getting way out of hand, I don't care who's doing it.

Every time I see Boehner and Cantor together, I can't help but think of Schillinger and Beecher from the HBO series OZ.

I like the way Boehner stands at the podium for a press conference, says something really shitty about Democrats then walks away real fast so nobody can ask him to explain.

Until you can be fair about Democrats, don't ask anyone to be fair to your neocons.

No matter what one's political stance, violence of any kind is wrong. What is wrong with people? Physical threats, gas lines cut, and now gun shots. This is getting scarier each moment.

It'll be like the old west, shooting people for the fun of it.

I dunno. If someone shot at my house or building and I didn't know why, I'd be a little upset. But of course I'm just an emotional female. Whether it was random or not - its news. Geeeez.

Until you can be fair about Democrats, don't ask anyone to be fair to your neocons.

I dont think Zell Miller was slimy. Nor do I think Joe Liberman is slimy. I dont think the Democrats who voted against this terrible bill are slimy. I do think the revolutionaries infecting the party are a blight to the Constitution, our Nation, and our very survival.

And I wasnt asking you to be fair to anyone. I was asking if there was any you didn't find slimy. I was trying to see if you actually thought of people as Republicans as human beings or just evil incarnate. I guess you answered me.

I have to ask though, you ever considered stepping back for a second and looking at things through anothers eyes? I mean you are really close to your idealogy to the point where anyone who disagrees with you is slimy and evil. Seems it would be a good idea to step back and evaluate whether they really are or not every once and a while.

I dunno. If someone shot at my house or building and I didn't know why, I'd be a little upset. But of course I'm just an emotional female. Whether it was random or not - its news. Geeeez.

I've always liked emotional females. They aren't dead.

How DUMB does Mr. Cantor think the American public really is?

A gunshot that leaves evidence as a bullet lodged in his door or office, or wherever the LIAR claims it is and not ONE peep from the media? Not ONE peep from FOXNews who love nothing more than to vilify and demonize the Librul Left that was so rabid as to attempt to assassinate a RW politician?

Not one peep from a single media source not even a blogger? In WASHINGTON where reporters are a dime a dozen?

No. no. no. no. no!

WTF believes THAT pile of dung?!?!!???

Why must the Right continually LIE so much?

*SMH*

Last edited by a moderator:

New Topics

Forum List

Back