Pew Poll Shows Majority Of Americans Favor Ending Tax Cuts For the Wealthy

Yup. Of course they are in favor of raising SOMEONE ELSES TAXES.

Thats just a No brainer.

Human nature 101.

So you're in the 1% then? Is that why you care so much about them being asked to pay four more cents on their dollar? Why exactly ARE you a shill for the 1%?

As one of the 1% I would favor paying at 39% (before Bush tax cuts) rather then 35% IF for every $1 in additional tax the Federal Government will pledge to
A) Not USE MY tax dollars for idiotic expenditures like these:
- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining
the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- on-tax-dollars-spent-to-study-male-prostitutes-in-vietnam
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties
or the hundreds like the following report shows:

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report,
“Wastebook 2010” that highlights some of the most egregious examples of government waste in 2010.
Dr. Coburn Releases New Oversight Report:

B) that Medicare NO LONGER is OK with paying 6,000% markups on services like CAT scans that cost hospitals less then $60!

C) And that Lawyers are taxed LIKE TANNING salons were in Obamacare 10% of their income for as long as the bill for defensive medicine stays at $600 billion a year!

Do I get to say that I don't want my tax dollars funding ANY wars any more? Or paying to research and develop any more of our own weapons of mass destruction? Is that the game we're playing?

Oh palease... if you confiscated 100% of the wealth, I mean, took EVERYTHING THEY HAVE, you could run the U.S. government for about 3 weeks.

Actually, you could pay off the national debt and run the government for at least six months.

That's how much wealth the top one percent have.

Seems like you just made a great argument for why asking them to give FOUR MORE CENTS ON THE THEIR DOLLAR won't bankrupt them, huh?

Hey asswipe -

Who are the "wealthy?"

Once you hit XX as a net worth - you're wealthy.

What's the value of XX

(that means insert a number asswipe)

Hey Dummy, read much? The wealthy, as defined by the tax code, in this story, and everywhere else in the goddamned world is those making $250,000 a year or more.

Two kids in private school (college), four vehicles, mortgage, insurance, expenses, food, utilities - 250k is a shitload?

Your fucking idiotic.

You think you're doing well in a FEMA trailer on Food Stamps.

To you 50K a year is rich.

I make more than 50k a year, a decent amount more, so no, I don't think 50k a year is rich. However, the IRS, and pretty much everyone else who actually uses their brain does think 250k+ is rich, yes.

Oh palease... if you confiscated 100% of the wealth, I mean, took EVERYTHING THEY HAVE, you could run the U.S. government for about 3 weeks.

Actually, you could pay off the national debt and run the government for at least six months.

Seems like you just made a great argument for why asking them to give FOUR MORE CENTS ON THE THEIR DOLLAR won't bankrupt them, huh?

I never claimed it would, nor did anyone else. My problem with it is it won't do a damn thing... it's rhetoric designed to mesmerize the hopelessly stupid.

But, I guess it beats talking about the shitty Obama economy.

I make more than 50k a year, a decent amount more, so no, I don't think 50k a year is rich. However, the IRS, and pretty much everyone else who actually uses their brain does think 250k+ is rich, yes.

Well hell, if the IRS says so - it's gotta be true.

They're one efficient organization. :clap2:

Right up there with the DMV and HUD

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ConservaDerrps again.

Believe me... I will

Hey Dummy, read much? The wealthy, as defined by the tax code, in this story, and everywhere else in the goddamned world is those making $250,000 a year or more.

Two kids in private school (college), four vehicles, mortgage, insurance, expenses, food, utilities - 250k is a shitload?

Your fucking idiotic.

Nah, not really... only goofy leftist fuckwits think that. Believe me, try living in NYC and raising a family and owning a home on $250k.

Your fucking idiotic.

Nah, not really... only goofy leftist fuckwits think that. Believe me, try living in NYC and raising a family and owning a home on $250k.

Amazing - these fucking welfare cases find $250K "rich."

Fucking priceless.

Fucking priceless.

If you live in NYC and own a home, between sales, income & property taxs you can shave 60% right off that $250k.. then you're left with $100k.. yeah.. good luck.

Hey, dumbshit. "4 in 10" and "44 percent" is not a majority.

And that poll would turn out a lot different if the American people were asked if they were willing pay more taxes themselves.

You're right. It's not a majority.

My mistake.

Edit: I should have said that those who favor taxing the rich at a higher rate are just about double those that don't. But you are right that technically it's not a majority.

Not, not technically, it isn't. Good God man... it's basic math.. no wonder everything you lefties touch is a fucking mess.... basic math escapes you. Ill educated dipshits.

I'm being nice and abdicating a point I don't really have to. You and g5000 are using the mathematical definition of the word. However, in English, and in MANY contexts, plurality and majority are interchangeable.

Majority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In British English, majority and plurality are often used as synonyms, and the term majority is also alternatively used to refer to the winning margin, i.e. the number of votes separating the first-place finisher from the second-place finisher.

Majority | Define Majority at Dictionary.com
ma·jor·i·ty   [muh-jawr-i-tee, -jor-] Show IPA
noun, plural ma·jor·i·ties.
1.the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total ( opposed to minority): the majority of the population.
2.a number of voters or votes, jurors, or others in agreement, constituting more than half of the total number.
3.the amount by which the greater number, as of votes, surpasses the remainder ( distinguished from plurality).
4.the party or faction with the majority vote: The Democratic party is the majority.
5.the state or time of being of full legal age: to attain one's majority.

Majority - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Definition of MAJORITY

1obsolete : the quality or state of being greater
2a : the age at which full civil rights are accorded
b : the status of one who has attained this age
3a : a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total <a majority of voters> <a two-thirds majority>
b : the excess of a majority over the remainder of the total : margin <won by a majority of 10 votes>
c : the greater quantity or share <the majority of the time>
4: the group or political party having the greater number of votes (as in a legislature)
5: the military office, rank, or commission of a major
— majority adjective
See majority defined for English-language learners »
See majority defined for kids »

Okay, so now I recant my abdication after seeing I was right in the first place. Man, you guys are really good at distracting from the issue at hand: a MAJORITY of those polled said they think raising taxes on the rich would not harm the economy.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It speaks to why Conservatives are so fucking brainwashed.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

For all the idiots out there, 250,000 dollars does not make you one of the wealthy. Neither does 350,000. These people are upper middle class not rich.

So in essense Obama would be raising taxes on the middle class.

People who make a million dollars a year are rich but this tax will not hurt them it will hurt the 250-350 range people though.

Last edited:

:lol:

Horse shit.

Not at all.

According to an analysis of Federal Reserve data by the Economic Policy Institute, a liberal research organization, the top 1 percent of Americans by net worth hold about a third of American wealth.

About That 99 Percent ... - NYTimes.com

So what is total American wealth, you may be wondering:

2dayw7m.png

It's weird how so many people talk about the "one percent" but know virtually nothing about them or how much wealth they actually have.

Just the 400 richest Americans could pay the cost of running the government for a full year.

In 2009, the price of admission to the Forbes 400 was just short of $1 billion, and the collective net worth of these 400 individuals was $1.3 trillion.

http://epi.3cdn.net/2a7ccb3e9e618f0bbc_3nm6idnax.pdf

$1.3 trillion could easily run the government for one year. And that is only 400 people out of the top one percent. So the "3 weeks" meme is WAY off base!

Last edited:
For all the idiots out there, 250,000 dollars does not make you one of the wealthy. Neither does 350,000. These people are upper middle class not rich.

Didn't you know - the "IRS" says 250K is "wealthy," so that's what turd-sucking welfare case knuckle dragging inbred Liberals are gonna go with, cause the "Guvmint" told them so....

Fucking priceless.

If you live in NYC and own a home, between sales, income & property taxs you can shave 60% right off that $250k.. then you're left with $100k.. yeah.. good luck.

You should stop watching Fox News.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...doocy-says-someone-earning-250000-pays-half-/

So in essense Obama would be raising taxes on the middle class.

People who make a million dollars a year are rich but this tax will not hurt them it will hurt the 250-350 range people though.

The average one percenter is worth close to $20 million. That's total wealth. If we are talking about annual income, then you have to earn $380,000 a year to get into the One Percent Club.

:lol:

Horse shit.

Not at all.

According to an analysis of Federal Reserve data by the Economic Policy Institute, a liberal research organization, the top 1 percent of Americans by net worth hold about a third of American wealth.

About That 99 Percent ... - NYTimes.com

So what is total American wealth, you may be wondering:

2dayw7m.png

It's weird how so many people talk about the "one percent" but know virtually nothing about them or how much wealth they actually have.

Just the 400 richest Americans could pay the cost of running the government for a full year.

In 2009, the price of admission to the Forbes 400 was just short of $1 billion, and the collective net worth of these 400 individuals was $1.3 trillion.

http://epi.3cdn.net/2a7ccb3e9e618f0bbc_3nm6idnax.pdf

$1.3 trillion could easily run the government for one year. And that is only 400 people out of the top one percent. So the "3 weeks" meme is WAY off base!

We may disagree politically, but I give you massive kudos for knowing your shit on this issue. Here's a broad philosophical idea:

Would you be opposed to a consortium of the uber-rich 1% agreeing to pay off the national debt? And what kinds of concessions would you agree to? Like I said, broad philosophical question, but an interesting one I think.

So you're in the 1% then? Is that why you care so much about them being asked to pay four more cents on their dollar? Why exactly ARE you a shill for the 1%?

"I'm just going to put it in a little bit." The liberal mantra.

The federal government wants a little more. What's the harm, right? Just a few percentage points.

Then the states also want to raise taxes on the rich. Just a few more percentage points. What's the harm?

Then the states also want to raise business taxes. Just a few more percentage points. What's the harm?

What sails right over the heads of people like you is that the problem is not that the rich aren't taxed enough. The problem is that the government SPENDS TOO MUCH.

Stop fucking spending so goddam much.

Forum List

Back