Pew Poll Shows Majority Of Americans Favor Ending Tax Cuts For the Wealthy

Jun 9, 2012
No-Neg-Rep Town, USA
Poll Finds 4 in 10 in U.S. Favor Ending Tax Cuts for Wealthy - SFGate

The survey by the Pew Research Center released yesterday shows that 44 percent said the higher taxes would be beneficial, while 22 percent said such a move would harm it and 24 percent said there would be no effect.

In an almost identical finding, 44 percent said the higher taxes for the wealthiest Americans would make the tax system fairer; 21 percent said the result would be a less fair structure and 25 percent said it would make no difference.

So yeah...How come the Republicans in Congress aren't behind what the majority of the nation wants again?

• Banned
That's like polling me to see if I favor you being banned.

Of course they're in favor of "taxing SOMEONE ELSE"

Idiot

Yup. Of course they are in favor of raising SOMEONE ELSES TAXES.

Thats just a No brainer.

Human nature 101.

So you're in the 1% then? Is that why you care so much about them being asked to pay four more cents on their dollar? Why exactly ARE you a shill for the 1%?

The survey by the Pew Research Center released yesterday shows that 44 percent said the higher taxes would be beneficial, while 22 percent said such a move would harm it and 24 percent said there would be no effect.

In an almost identical finding, 44 percent said the higher taxes for the wealthiest Americans would make the tax system fairer; 21 percent said the result would be a less fair structure and 25 percent said it would make no difference.

So yeah...How come the Republicans in Congress aren't behind what the majority of the nation wants again?

Hey asswipe -

Who are the "wealthy?"

Once you hit XX as a net worth - you're wealthy.

What's the value of XX

(that means insert a number asswipe)

so yeah...how come the republicans in congress aren't behind what the majority of the nation wants again?

There is what's so called party principle, it does not mean that because the majority of the nation supports something you have to go along with them. At least, you have to stand for something that you believe. If the republican were to support a tax hike on the wealthiest american, they would have to run away from what they hold dear to them.

Hey, dumbshit. "4 in 10" and "44 percent" is not a majority.

Also, a higher percent than that said it would either have no effect or would cause harm!

So it looks like the GOP is going with the majority, after all.

And that poll would turn out a lot different if the American people were asked if they were willing pay more taxes themselves.

Last edited:
  • Banned

Hey asswipe -

Who are the "wealthy?"

What's the value of XX

Hey Dummy, read much? The wealthy, as defined by the tax code, in this story, and everywhere else in the goddamned world is those making $250,000 a year or more.

And that poll would turn out a lot different if the American people were asked if they were willing pay more taxes themselves.

You're right. It's not a majority.

My mistake.

Edit: I should have said that those who favor taxing the rich at a higher rate are just about double those that don't. But you are right that technically it's not a majority.

Last edited:
Recent POLL shows that people prefer good tasting food when they dine out!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a dorky thread this is!

Oh palease... if you confiscated 100% of the wealth, I mean, took EVERYTHING THEY HAVE, you could run the U.S. government for about 3 weeks.

The argument for raising the taxes on these people is the argument of the severely retarded or the colossally dishonest or worse, both.

Also, a higher percent than that said it would either have no effect or would cause harm!

So it looks like the GOP is going with the majority, after all.

First, you're cherry-picking and lumping in two groups of respondents that don't agree. Saying something would have no impact is not the same as saying it wold harm the economy. You do get that, right?

And the second point of yours I made bold cracks me up, it really does. It speaks to why Conservatives are so fucking brainwashed. We're not talking about taxing THEMSELVES higher. We're talking about a group of people that overwhelming majority aren't in. I'm with Bill Maher, I can totally understand the 1% voting for Republicans. They're looking out for THEIR best interests after all.

That's like polling me to see if I favor you being banned.

Of course they're in favor of "taxing SOMEONE ELSE"

Idiot

Yup. Of course they are in favor of raising SOMEONE ELSES TAXES.

Thats just a No brainer.

Human nature 101.

So you're in the 1% then? Is that why you care so much about them being asked to pay four more cents on their dollar? Why exactly ARE you a shill for the 1%?

As one of the 1% I would favor paying at 39% (before Bush tax cuts) rather then 35% IF for every $1 in additional tax the Federal Government will pledge to
A) Not USE MY tax dollars for idiotic expenditures like these:
- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining
the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- on-tax-dollars-spent-to-study-male-prostitutes-in-vietnam
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties
or the hundreds like the following report shows:

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report,
“Wastebook 2010” that highlights some of the most egregious examples of government waste in 2010.
Dr. Coburn Releases New Oversight Report:

B) that Medicare NO LONGER is OK with paying 6,000% markups on services like CAT scans that cost hospitals less then $60!

C) And that Lawyers are taxed LIKE TANNING salons were in Obamacare 10% of their income for as long as the bill for defensive medicine stays at $600 billion a year!

You're right. It's not a majority.

My mistake.

Edit: I should have said that those who favor taxing the rich at a higher rate are just about double those that don't. But you are right that technically it's not a majority.

Not, not technically, it isn't. Good God man... it's basic math.. no wonder everything you lefties touch is a fucking mess.... basic math escapes you. Ill educated dipshits.

Oh palease... if you confiscated 100% of the wealth, I mean, took EVERYTHING THEY HAVE, you could run the U.S. government for about 3 weeks.

Actually, you could pay off the national debt and run the government for at least six months.

That's how much wealth the top one percent have.

Hey asswipe -

Who are the "wealthy?"

What's the value of XX

Hey Dummy, read much? The wealthy, as defined by the tax code, in this story, and everywhere else in the goddamned world is those making $250,000 a year or more.

Two kids in private school (college), four vehicles, mortgage, insurance, expenses, food, utilities - 250k is a shitload?

Your fucking idiotic.

You think you're doing well in a FEMA trailer on Food Stamps.

To you 50K a year is rich.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back