Pew-Partisan Diff's in Knowledge-Repubs more open-minded, better informed than Dems

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
tell us something we don't know...

The Pew survey
adds to a wave of surveys and studies showing that GOP-sympathizers are better informed, more intellectually consistent, more open-minded, more empathetic and more receptive to criticism than their fellow Americans who support the Democratic Party.

“Republicans fare substantially better than Democrats on several questions in the survey, as is typically the case in surveys about political knowledge,” said the study, which noted that Democrats outscored Republicans on five questions by an average of 4.6 percent.

The widest partisan gap in the survey came in at 30 points when only 46 percent of Democrats — but 76 percent of Republicans —- correctly described the GOP as “the party generally more supportive of reducing the size of federal government.”

The widest difference that favored Democrats was only 8 percent, when 59 percent of Republicans and 67 percent of Democrats recognized the liberal party as “more [supportive] of reducing the defense budget.”

In the article it says

“In all, 28% of liberals have blocked, unfriended, or hidden someone on SNS [social networking sites] because of one of these reasons, compared with 16% of conservatives and 14% of moderates,” said the report, tiled “Social networking sites and politics.”

The report also noted that 11 percent of liberals, but only 4 percent of conservatives, deleted friends from their social networks after disagreeing with their politics.​

Liberals are so sensitive

That is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Obviously, the dupes believe Pub lies, despite ALL evidence, and yes, Dems are not fear mongered FOOLS who think we need to spend more than the REST OF THE WORLD on defence. IDIOCY.

Weird that they didn't link to the actual study itself. I'm sure that was just an oversight.

Also from the article

Pew’s new study echoes the results of many other reports and studies that show GOP supporters are better educated, more empathetic and more open to criticism than Democrats.

:eusa_angel:

That is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Obviously, the dupes believe Pub lies, despite ALL evidence, and yes, Dems are not fear mongered FOOLS who think we need to spend more than the REST OF THE WORLD on defence. IDIOCY.

Yes, just because you see the world throubg your belly-button because your head is squarely up your ass, means everything has to fall in line.

Tell me....can you tell east from west with that perspective or does your compass have problems because of it's promixity to your belt buckle when you try to read it ?

Also from the article

Pew’s new study echoes the results of many other reports and studies that show GOP supporters are better educated, more empathetic and more open to criticism than Democrats.

How is it that this would not be the case given that the democrat party is tied so directly to two minorities that are consistently below average with regards to income ?

Yes, just because you see the world throubg your belly-button because your head is squarely up your ass, means everything has to fall in line.

Tell me....can you tell east from west with that perspective or does your compass have problems because of it's promixity to your belt buckle when you try to read it ?

Funny part,

the fool does not even realize that the tone and quality of his statement supports
the article in question

Ahhh, now that I get to read what the poll was actually about, your misleading Post title becomes a little clearer.

This study was about understanding the positions that each party takes, not about the issues themselves, but about how each party views each of the issues.

"The partisan gaps in knowledge are at least partly a consequence of demographic differences. On average, Republicans are older and more affluent than either Democrats or independents, and both of these are associated with knowledge about the parties’ positions and leaders."

The Pew survey
adds to a wave of surveys and studies showing that GOP-sympathizers are better informed, more intellectually consistent, more open-minded, more empathetic and more receptive to criticism than their fellow Americans who support the Democratic Party.

“Republicans fare substantially better than Democrats on several questions in the survey, as is typically the case in surveys about political knowledge,” said the study, which noted that Democrats outscored Republicans on five questions by an average of 4.6 percent.

The widest partisan gap in the survey came in at 30 points when only 46 percent of Democrats — but 76 percent of Republicans —- correctly described the GOP as “the party generally more supportive of reducing the size of federal government.”

The widest difference that favored Democrats was only 8 percent, when 59 percent of Republicans and 67 percent of Democrats recognized the liberal party as “more [supportive] of reducing the defense budget.”

so says the Daily Caller. :cuckoo:

i'm gonna bet they misrepresented the survey.

just sayin

Ahhh, now that I get to read what the poll was actually about, your misleading Post title becomes a little clearer.

This study was about understanding the positions that each party takes, not about the issues themselves, but about how each party views each of the issues.

"The partisan gaps in knowledge are at least partly a consequence of demographic differences. On average, Republicans are older and more affluent than either Democrats or independents, and both of these are associated with knowledge about the parties’ positions and leaders."

Which does not take away from the fact of the op

Just because you want it to be wrong or do not agree with it
does not make it misleading

Last edited:
So congrats, pat yourself on the back. Republicans know their party positions better than democrats do. Woohoo!?

The Pew survey

just sayin

Sure did. Are you surprised. Compare the Pew Title of the study, with the Daily Caller Title and then this thread title. Amazing transformation!

The Pew survey

just sayin

Your statement just adds support to its findings

Funny how that works
:eusa_whistle:

Which does not take away from the fact of the op

Just because you want it to be wrong or do not agree with it
does not make it misleading

Of course it does. But you'll see what you want. Do you feel smarter now?

yeah, i was right... the difference was 5.9 versus 4.9 questions correct and was mostly related to age of the respondent because repubs are...

wait for it...

wait for it.....

OLDER.

ta da!!

but if that makes you feel better about yourselves...

maybe they should hae asked what percentage of you don't believe in evolution.

bazinga!

Forum List

Back