Petraeus v. Obama: The Truth About the Surge

I'm not sure he was ever stripped of any chairmanships. IIRC it was Obama who went to bat for him and helped him keep his committee assignments.

If you had ever actually paid attention you would know there was a crystal pattern of Senior officials, both civilian and military, who "resigned" for not being in lockstep with neocon agendas.

Sort of similar to Joe Lieberman and his "punishment" for not bowing down to the almighty candidate Obama?

Please expound on that. If you can.

He supported McCain and was reprimanded by Reid. Stripped of his chairmanship of a senate commitee and threatened to be eliminated from the democratic caucus.

And all becuase he believed that one candidate for POTUS was a better choice than another.

IN essecne, all becuase he refused to follow the leadership of a party.

Pretty vague. What chairmanship and when was he removed?

LOL.
Never mind.
It never happened in your world I guess.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Democrat-turned-independent Sen. Joe Lieberman managed to keep his Senate committee chairmanship in part because President-elect Barack Obama didn't want to punish him for supporting Sen. John McCain, Lieberman said Tuesday.

The Senate Democratic caucus, following a lengthy and often heated debate, voted 42-13 Tuesday to let Lieberman continue chairing the Senate Homeland Security Committee.

The caucus did, however, strip Lieberman of his spot on the Environment and Public Works Committee.

Lieberman credits Obama after Dems let him keep post - CNN.com

So he lost his spot on the Evironment and Public Works Committee and was able to keep his chairs and positions on other committees.

BFD

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Democrat-turned-independent Sen. Joe Lieberman managed to keep his Senate committee chairmanship in part because President-elect Barack Obama didn't want to punish him for supporting Sen. John McCain, Lieberman said Tuesday.

The Senate Democratic caucus, following a lengthy and often heated debate, voted 42-13 Tuesday to let Lieberman continue chairing the Senate Homeland Security Committee.

The caucus did, however, strip Lieberman of his spot on the Environment and Public Works Committee.

So he lost his spot on the Evironment and Public Works Committee and was able to keep his chairs and positions on other committees.

BFD

True. I now recall that they let him keep it after Reid reprimanded him.

So 13 democrats who originally thought it was best for the country to have him chair the SHSC felt he was no longer best based on the fact that he did not go along with the crowd.

That is how our country should be run? Do as I say or I will kick you out? They actually used our tax dollars to use their "power" to show anger at someone who thinks on his own?

Bear in mind. He was an Independant when he was offered the chairmanship. But he is only good for it if he does as they say?

BFD

So 13 democrats who originally thought it was best for the country to have him chair the SHSC felt he was no longer best based on the fact that he did not go along with the crowd.

They did? Where does it say those 13 originally thought Lieberman in that chair was best for the country?

That is how our country should be run? Do as I say or I will kick you out? They actually used our tax dollars to use their "power" to show anger at someone who thinks on his own?

He was pretty much McCain's biggest supporter. Sorry, but anyone campaigning that strongly against their own party's candidate should expect some backlash. Your "tax dollar" point is weak.

Bear in mind. He was an Independant when he was offered the chairmanship. But he is only good for it if he does as they say?

Beats me. Show me some examples over time of him, "doing as they say," to keep the seat.

You watch and wait....

Afghanistan doesn't go anywhere and Little Lord Obammyroy claims "I inherited this General".

Mark it down.

Oh Lord...are there still people out there who believe we can WIN anything in Afghanistan, or Iraq? Get real people....we cannot win. Bush and Cheney got us into police actions that have no benefit to the American people.

BFD

They did? Where does it say those 13 originally thought Lieberman in that chair was best for the country?

He was pretty much McCain's biggest supporter. Sorry, but anyone campaigning that strongly against their own party's candidate should expect some backlash. Your "tax dollar" point is weak.

Beats me. Show me some examples over time of him, "doing as they say," to keep the seat.

Uh...no offense....but Lieberman is and was an independant. He was not a democrat. So I sort of lost you with the "campaigning strongly against your own party" thing.

And he was an Independant when the senate deeemed him the best to be Chair of the SHSC.

And the tax dollar thing? We pay their salaries. Pelosi herself said they are so busy they can not address minor issues like Rangel and his tax problems. Yet they spent the time ON OUR DIME to have a hearing and a vote about Lieberman's status as Chair of a Senate Committee.

So you may call it weak...but I call it a point being made.

And I will beat you to it. Yes, I know Pelosi is speaker and not senate. Point was being made.

Last edited:

Uh...no offense....but Lieberman is and was an independant. He was not a democrat. So I sort of lost you with the "campaigning strongly against your own party" thing.

And he was an Independant when the senate deeemed him the best to be Chair of the SHSC.

And the tax dollar thing? We pay their salaries. Pelosi herself said they are so busy they can not address minor issues like Rangel and his tax problems. Yet they spent the time ON OUR DIME to have a hearing and a vote about Lieberman's status as Chair of a Senate Committee.

So you may call it weak...but I call it a point being made.

And I will beat you to it. Yes, I know Pelosi is speaker and not senate. Point was being made.

You're right, Lieberman was Independent in 2008. Apologies for my error but he still caucused with the Dems and they hand out the assignments. The McCain campaign wasn't the first time Lieberman has stuck it to them and he has continued to do so, particularly with HCR, since Obama took office. He's also managed to keep those chairs despite not, "doing as they say."

The fact is that the reason Lieberman still has his chairs is because Obama stepped in on his behalf.

Pelosi is obviously stonewalling to protect Rangel. Politics. But all sorts of time is wasted daily on the House and Senate floors. I see on C-SPAN all the time. I'm sure you have too. So yeah, while you make a point, it isn't strong at all.

Sort of similar to Joe Lieberman and his "punishment" for not bowing down to the almighty candidate Obama?

He supported McCain and was reprimanded by Reid. Stripped of his chairmanship of a senate commitee and threatened to be eliminated from the democratic caucus.

And all becuase he believed that one candidate for POTUS was a better choice than another.

IN essecne, all becuase he refused to follow the leadership of a party.

Pretty vague. What chairmanship and when was he removed?

LOL.
Never mind.
It never happened in your world I guess.

You're a fucking crybaby poser for making a claim you can't support then try to hide that by ad hom remarks. Lieberman went Independent in 2006 you dumbfuck. It's already been shown Obama went to bat for him in the Caucus so your claim of "kind of like Lieberman" is just another ignorant claim. What else you got sooper genius?

I read all that crap Hillary and BO said about Petraus a few years back. Now he's their guy. What a bunch of fucking hypocrites these democrats are. They're sickening.

Provide some quotes by obushama criticizing petreaus.

Forum List

Back