Petition to Put an End to Teachers' Unions in Public Education!

It's a start. But Republicans real goal is to get rid of teachers altogether. That's why they started "Sunday School". It's all you really need.

There has been 'Sunday School' for a few hundred years you idiot.

Bigoted Racist jerk deany...

Republicans wanting to get rid of teachers doesn't make me racist. In fact, when you look at how their party is 90% white, based in the south and LOVE Confederate "traditions", the evidence points towards them. Pointing out the obvious doesn't make me racist, it shows that I'm aware, that's all.
They aren't wanting to get rid of teachers numbskull. They are wanting to get rid of the Unions and the practice of tenure that protect bad teachers from being fired. The children suffer in thier education because of this practice. It has become more about the teachers than where the attention should be focused...

Teachers are employed by the public, and public workers get paid through tax dollars.

School boards allocate money for teacher salaries. The idea of an individual teacher negotiating their salary at a school board meeting is ludicrous. Please think through what you're suggesting.

Of course teachers, and other workers, have the right to free association under the Constitution. Collective bargaining creates safer workplaces and better futures for workers. Surely you don't think that everyone is entitled to think about their future except for teachers.

You need a masters degree (eventually) to teach in New York State. Pay teachers less, take away their power to negotiate pay and benefits, thus reducing the attractiveness of selecting teaching as a career and thus investing the tens of thousands of dollars needed to qualify,

and you think you'll get better people?

That is idiocy.
No one is denying that teachers should be free to negotiate for their pay and benefits. They should do so on an individual basis based on performance and responsibility, not on seniority and political persuasion.
I negotiated my own salary for nearly my whole career. I consistently out earned union workers in my field, certainly not because of my boyish good looks, either. I'm very good at what I do and people are willing to pay me quite well.
As it should be. There is no case to be had for the argument that the Unions make that it it Constitutional to Collectively Bargain.

It doesn't exist.

Read This Before Responding in This Thread, Again: FDR's Warning: Public Employee Unions a No-No. Isn't this the greatest of the greatest liberal Presidents people constantly talk about?

“When school children start paying union dues, that 's when I'll start representing the interests of school children.” Albert Shanker, former teacher's union boss for approx 30 years.

There's something indecently immoral about teacher unions that pour hundreds of millions of dollars into political campaigns to elect the democrats who determine their compensation and benefits. I wouldn't say it's the only reason why so many states, counties, and cities are in such dire financial straits, but it's not a minor part of the problem either.

Teacher unions are political power structures that are far more interested in their own jobs than they are in the teachers and students. It's one thing to allow unions to provide support for individual teacher rights and ensure equal opportunity and treatment. I wouldn't support a petition to eliminate them, but I would support the right of the individual teachers to opt out of the union or not pay dues. And I do not believe it should be legal for public employee unions of any type to bargain with elected reps for pay and benefits. They should receive contracts that are in line with a national average in some way, and keep the politics out of it.

Indeed, public sector employees of any area of expertise is exclusively paid in benefits by the State or Federal Government. A matter of fact it's been proven that public sector employees are happier than private sector employees, there's no need for public unions and John F. Kennedy and FDR can agree to this. In U.S. Government Jobs Pay in Wellbeing.

This link is provided to back up claims in the OP. It's a letter to the editor, from someone at the Cato Institute.

Just saying.

Also...

Part of the cost of education is paying for teacher's health insurance.

Nations with national health care don't have that expense folded into the education costs.

Exactly. You seem to be a well-rounded individual, take a seat with your favorite drink and sign the petition.

Petition Text: In the Spirit of Democracy, Independence and Authentic Progressivism, the People of the United States remain to be skeptical on America's Future. There have been program initiatives for many years to better our children's circumstances from the tyranny of the Teachers' Unions. In all disrespect, We the People are frustrated with these program initiatives because quite frankly, they do not work. There have been an increase of funding towards this system but it failed to improve our circumstance as well, this is due to the nature of the contracts by the Teachers' Unions. Greed. We the People hereby petition the Obama Administration to take full initiative in eliminating such unions from this public service, namely "Public Education".

Sign the Petition: http://wh.gov/Tu2

Why?

1. Public Education is a Public Service Career.
  2. Public Education Receives Thousands to Millions of Dollars on a Monthly Basis.
  3. Program Initiatives like "Race to the Top" or "No Child Left Behind" Don't Work.
  4. Teachers' Benefits are Extraodinary Because It's State (Federal) Owned.

Sources:

True Costs of Public Education (From YouTube)
True Costs of Public Education (From Washington Post)

Grounded and reasonable.

Thank you, I would love for you to sign the petition. President Barack Obama responded to the college debt petition, he's bound to respond to this if we get enough signatures. I've been networking a lot lately explaining my case. Share it with your friends as well.

It's a start. But Republicans real goal is to get rid of teachers altogether. That's why they started "Sunday School". It's all you really need.

Republicans wanting to get rid of teachers doesn't make me racist. In fact, when you look at how their party is 90% white, based in the south and LOVE Confederate "traditions", the evidence points towards them. Pointing out the obvious doesn't make me racist, it shows that I'm aware, that's all.

The Republicans were the Party of Opportunity and in a sense they remain to be, despite the radicals trying to hijack it. The Democratic Party was always the Party of Racism and they deliberately use certain tactics to win the minority vote but did nothing to help them.

This still exists...

Teachers are employed by the public, and public workers get paid through tax dollars.

School boards allocate money for teacher salaries. The idea of an individual teacher negotiating their salary at a school board meeting is ludicrous. Please think through what you're suggesting.

Of course teachers, and other workers, have the right to free association under the Constitution. Collective bargaining creates safer workplaces and better futures for workers. Surely you don't think that everyone is entitled to think about their future except for teachers.

Public Unions are indeed legal but it's not necessary if the Federal or State Government offers opportunities and benefits.

They aren't wanting to get rid of teachers numbskull. They are wanting to get rid of the Unions and the practice of tenure that protect bad teachers from being fired. The children suffer in thier education because of this practice. It has become more about the teachers than where the attention should be focused...

Oh please. Give me a break. What do Republicans know about "bad teachers"? They think science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy. With so little on the ball, how can they come even close to judging anyone's credentials about anything? Unless it's picking corn or sweeping?

Public Unions are indeed legal but it's not necessary if the Federal or State Government offers opportunities and benefits.

So do fair Labor Laws. You want something to be fair minded and Impartial, apply it, not just to a select few, but across the board.

Issues like tenure too much protect incompetence. At any job, you need to prove your worth.

Oh please. Give me a break. What do Republicans know about "bad teachers"? They think science is a faith, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy. With so little on the ball, how can they come even close to judging anyone's credentials about anything? Unless it's picking corn or sweeping?

Take the fake liberal propaganda out of your behind and think for a chance. News flash: Republicans are pro-science if science doesn't try to advance the fake liberal propaganda or attempt to denounce a belief in a God to create a "utopia".

In your world RD, there are just two kinds of People, huh. And until you round Us all up and imprison us, you are just going to have to cope. :) After you deal with us, who's next? Left Handed People? Short People? Fat People? Meat Eaters?

Take the fake liberal propaganda out of your behind and think for a chance. News flash: Republicans are pro-science if science doesn't try to advance the fake liberal propaganda or attempt to denounce a belief in a God to create a "utopia".
RD's problem with reality goes back a long way.

So do fair Labor Laws. You want something to be fair minded and Impartial, apply it, not just to a select few, but across the board.

Issues like tenure too much protect incompetence. At any job, you need to prove your worth.

The difference between working for a Government Agency and the Private Sector is that the Government Agency are forced to abide by the Constitution/Bill of Rights and if they don't, the employee has strong constitutional grounds that they easily take to the Supreme Court. The Private Sector has to abide by these rules too but they can easily hide their wrongdoings because it's within the PRIVATE sector. Why is that the employees of Apple Inc. never were able to sue Steve for he's got with his violations of human rights?

Petition Text: In the Spirit of Democracy, Independence and Authentic Progressivism, the People of the United States remain to be skeptical on America's Future. There have been program initiatives for many years to better our children's circumstances from the tyranny of the Teachers' Unions. In all disrespect, We the People are frustrated with these program initiatives because quite frankly, they do not work. There have been an increase of funding towards this system but it failed to improve our circumstance as well, this is due to the nature of the contracts by the Teachers' Unions. Greed. We the People hereby petition the Obama Administration to take full initiative in eliminating such unions from this public service, namely "Public Education".

There is no justification whatsoever for public employee unions, NONE. They should ALL be terminated, all of them.

I think the post asking what Republicans know about good teachers is spot on. Why would the anti-knowledge party have good ideas about teaching?

Where has education ever been made better by paying teachers less and making their jobs a less attractive career choice?

And where has education ever been made better by throwing more money at it?

US schools suck because of the intransigent teachers unions that make it difficult to remove bad teachers, change works hours, change programs, improve standards, etc., all of the things that make unions suck - but have no place in the public education system. May the NYSUT and AFT die a horrible death in the near future, along with every other public employee union.

Here's another fine example of the excellent contribution the scumbag teacher's unions headed by the filth Weingarten (may she drop dead):

Typical Teachers Union Tactics Kill Parent Trigger in Connecticut « Union Watch

"Most writers and bloggers who have written about the incident have focused on a pdf, originally a PowerPoint, posted on the AFT website, which very honestly and cynically describes the process by which the union did its dirty work. Realizing that this display of raw union power was not in keeping with its persona as a reform-minded partner, always willing to collaborate with parents, communities and other stakeholders, AFT pulled the pdf from its website... "

There is no justification whatsoever for public employee unions, NONE. They should ALL be terminated, all of them.

The difference between you and I is that I'm more rational, let's get rid of one that affects our children's future first then we can get the rest. Everybody by now can see that the teachers' unions are hurting our children, this is a great political move for a Republican or a Democrat. For the Democrat, if he or she has the balls to not be a puppet to their liberal buddies.

Unions are the reason teachers get a break in the middle of the day to eat lunch. Why is that so much to ask?

Unions are the reason teachers get a break in the middle of the day to eat lunch. Why is that so much to ask?

You do realize that in the 1800s teachers got breaks when there weren't unions nor government ran schools, right? It's called, "human decency".

The difference between you and I is that I'm more rational, let's get rid of one that affects our children's future first then we can get the rest. Everybody by now can see that the teachers' unions are hurting our children, this is a great political move for a Republican or a Democrat. For the Democrat, if he or she has the balls to not be a puppet to their liberal buddies.

You are both rational. Your Concept is the issue already being discussed and acted upon. :)

The other issue is more encompassing, and more a vision.

Teacher unions have become the scapegoat for just about all problems in our education system. However the facts just don't support the premise that we would be better off without them. Look at Finland or Singapore, where the schools actually do far better than our schools. And they're virtually 100 percent unionized. The states in our nation that do much better than the other states are 100 percent unionized. When I think about school districts in the nation, only about 53 percent of them actually have collective bargaining contracts. The facts just don't support the premise.

That they are unionized is nonsense, those nations have 1/1000th of the population, have possibly far less onerous union rules, and are far more flexible in working with the parents and children. Simply being unionized is meaningless unless context is considered.

Last edited:

You do realize that in the 1800s teachers got breaks when there weren't unions nor government ran schools, right? It's called, "human decency".

And you're naive to think that it comes solely by the goodness of the hearts of those in charge.

:lmao:

I bet you really believe that too!!!

I know it to be true.

When I was a kid, in the 60s, our teachers were required to sit at the lunch table and eat with us. They did not get breaks. They negotiated for, and got, duty-free lunch. Through the union. An organization that gives the average person enough political power to deal with those at the top.

Forum List

Back