Petition to Bush, US Out, UN In.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
this is what the UN would look like trying to fight.

They are trampling the endangered wildlife with their SUV military equipment.

Originally posted by Aquarian
actually, he said "We will find that out soon. That's what Mr. Brahimi is doing; he's figuring out the nature of the entity we'll be handing sovereignty over."

You can't hand over sovereignty to the UN, you could hand over control, but sovereignty can only be given to iraqis. The details of what Brahimi comes up with and how soon they are presented will be valid points for discussion in regards to the handover, especially in relation to the deadline of june 30th.

Fair enough.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Maybe I skimmed through the thread too quick, but has anyone adressed the issue of WHOSE AUTHORITY our marines are under if/when the UN DOES take over?

A good question. If authority is UN or some Iraqi body, the marines will unoubably remain under us command but that still raises a lot of unanswered questions about the relationship US fores will have to whoever is running the country there in July.

this is what the UN would look like trying to fight.

I just saw the name suddeth. Someone who is a lobbyist for the U of C. Perhaps a distant relation.

ST8,

Sure, I would like to take the "American" face off of this. I don't want us to be looked at around the Arab world as imperialists. And if the UN was there, sure, more Arabs would accept it. But what it comes down to is this... the UN is an appeasment organization. Hell, Syria has a Security Council vote! They got to vote if we invaded Iraq or not... our ENEMY has a say how we deal with our ENEMIES in the UN. Libya is head of Human Rights!

If I ran the world, (imagine that) I would love to have an international organization like the UN, except it would not allow any non-democratic governments in.

The UN must reform. It must. For one, nobody in the UN takes terrorism seriously enough and appeases the lone few rogue states that sponsor terror. Second, nations like France no longer should be held with such high authority. Sure, in 1945, France's opinion was important. But in this age, what makes France's opinion, or Russia's opinion more important than India's or Egypt's?

U of C?? explain, please

Sorry, someone with the name Suddeth is a registered lobbyist for the University of California.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
Sorry, someone with the name Suddeth is a registered lobbyist for the University of California.

U of C = univ of calif......ok. thanks

and to my knowledge i have no relatives out in california.

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
ST8,

Sure, I would like to take the "American" face off of this...

I just spent my entire break responding to your post and a damn pop-up crashed my browser. Curses. I've got to get back to work. I'll try to respond when I get a chance later.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
Sign a petition to Bush at the link below (Moveon.org) calling for the US to transfer authority in Iraq to the United Nations.

When asked during his press conference last night who he was preparring to turn control of Iraq over to, he said that he didn't know. Fine. Who better than the UN?

http://www.moveon.org/unauthority/

Who better than the U.N. to take Iraq over? Probably just about anyone.

here's something funny

"membership in the united nations is open to all peace-loving states which accept the obligations of the charter and, in the judgement of the organization, are willing and able to carry out these obligations..."
article 4,chapter 2,united nations charter:clap1:

I like how Dave Chappelle put it tonight when playing Bush on his tv show: "Well, if you don't like what I'm doing, why don't you just come over here and sanction me with your army. Oh, that's because you don't have an army.

New Topics

Forum List

Back