Petition Denied!

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2009
A warm place with no memory.
Ever feel like you got the door slammed in your face?

Here's one of my stories... our dog bit the neighbor, she went to the clinic, the county shelter was notified, we were ordered to quarantine our dog for 10 days.

I finally got a vet to sign a waiver allowing us to quarantine the dog in our home. At 15 years old, if he went into that shelter he wasn't coming out. Dead doggie.

I later go to the County Board, plead for a revision of the County Statute, and get told "that's just the way it is".

Slam bam thank you ma'am. Closed and shut.

Whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Here's one of my stories... our dog bit the neighbor, she went to the clinic, the county shelter was notified, we were ordered to quarantine our dog for 10 days.

I finally got a vet to sign a waiver allowing us to quarantine the dog in our home. At 15 years old, if he went into that shelter he wasn't coming out. Dead doggie.

I later go to the County Board, plead for a revision of the County Statute, and get told "that's just the way it is".

How much energy do you have?

Well, first of all...........do we need to go down and beat somebody up?

Then......how much energy do you have?

Last edited:
They let you quarantine your dog at home...count your blessings! I take it the dog isn't a pit or other breed people believe are vicious.

How much energy do you have?

Well, first of all...........do we need to go down and beat somebody up?

Then......how much energy do you have?
Excellent questions. :thup:

Yes, someone needs to get beat up and bitch-slapped. :slap:

For me? No. Our dog will die soon enough and we now take safeguards to ensure that this will never happen again.

My focus was on pet owners like myself.

But you are correct. I have not the energy to fight someone else's fight.

They let you quarantine your dog at home...count your blessings! I take it the dog isn't a pit or other breed people believe are vicious.
He has only enough Chow in him to make him... unpredictable.

I called 8 (count 'em eight) vets in a three county area- none would sign the waiver to allow home confinement. . BECAUSE as it is worded, the vet assumes ALL liability while that dog is in home quarantine. I FINALLY located an elderly country vet who understood that if this dog were kept in solitary and away from home for 10 days he would... not survive.

But the moral of this story is that my PETITION WAS NOT DENIED.

Because I found a rational, caring, compassionate soul who understood my... petition.

He has only enough Chow in him to make him... unpredictable.

I called 8 (count 'em eight) vets in a three county area- none would sign the waiver to allow home confinement. . BECAUSE as it is worded, the vet assumes ALL liability while that dog is in home quarantine. I FINALLY located an elderly country vet who understood that if this dog were kept in solitary and away from home for 10 days he would... not survive.

But the moral of this story is that my PETITION WAS NOT DENIED.

Because I found a rational, caring, compassionate soul who understood my... petition.
Good for you for taking that time to search! I would have done the same thing...and if that didn't work, I would have called the teaper militia to surround my house and threaten LEO. And maybe a couple of thugs (to satisfy the race baiter, dumbassbear and SJ.

Revise how and why?

Someone should quarantine Nutz, this guy is an asshole.

Dude, must you turn EVERY thread into a racist whine?

Revise how and why?
For the allowance of home quarantine without veterinarian acquiescence.

Someone should quarantine Nutz, this guy is an asshole.

Dude, must you turn EVERY thread into a racist whine?

Revise how and why?
For the allowance of home quarantine without veterinarian acquiescence.

Too bad about the neighbor. I know chow mixes can be a bit territorial and aggressive, but if a neighbor's old pup bit me, I wouldn't make too big a fuss. But the town/city/county usually steps in after a doctor notifies. Shitty thing. When my pup's teeth connected with some woman's face even the doc said it didn't look like a bite.

She put he face into his and as he pulled up and away real quick his canine tooth sunk into her cheek. She pushed right down onto his jaw. Weird

too bad the there isn't an activist campaign group that would take up your issue

Forum List

Back