petit murders...some men deserve to die

Tragic.

Of course they deserve worse than death for the heinous nature of their crimes, but death is the punishment I expect they'll get.

Being incarcerated in the equivalent of a living tomb is far worse than (instant) death. It's just a shame that ignorant, knee jerk wankers like driveby can't tear themselves away from their Judge Dread comics and bring themselves to comprehend that. Pity, really.

How do you figure? Eventually they get the release of insanity. Insane people can care less where they are. They win. The only reason why death sentence cases cost so much is the interminable appeals they get to file. I am very reluctant to use the DP but in cases like these it is very easy. One appeal then sentence is carried out in one week.

Tragic.

Of course they deserve worse than death for the heinous nature of their crimes, but death is the punishment I expect they'll get.

Being incarcerated in the equivalent of a living tomb is far worse than (instant) death. It's just a shame that ignorant, knee jerk wankers like driveby can't tear themselves away from their Judge Dread comics and bring themselves to comprehend that. Pity, really.

It might be.

I have no fantasies that prison is a fun place, but there's prison life and then there's "living tomb" imprisonment.

In this case? Sure. There's 100% certainty..the Crime was heinous and it's almost a guarantee that if either one of these men got out..they would do harm again.

I have my issues with the death penalty, but this case seems to be a slam dunk beyond a shadow of a doubt situation.

Personally i think these two assholes should be killed the same way those poor girls and their mother were killed.

While I understand the sentiment, that achieves nothing. We are not sub-human, they are. Making ourselves like them is not what justice is. These guys deserve nothing more than to be put down. No torture, no hysteria, no ranting or raving about their evil deeds.... just a quick and painless injection and they are gone. That is what they deserve, to be put down. That is justice - and we are a just nation.

I followed this story as much as I could, but it was rather lengthy and both fuckers were tried seperately, so it took longer.
I can't imagine what horror that poor Mother was going thru as she went to the bank to get the money, all the while knowing her daughters were back home in her house, with those madmen.
And how Dr. William Petit was able to hold his sanity together thru all this ordeal, wow....he is a strong man...a determined man. But a man whose life is forever changed and never will he be the same.
This story made me sick. But of course, they wrote a book about it, and since it is non-fiction, I did have to purchase it.
It's called Murder In Connecticut, by Michael Benson. But the book tells the true story, and how the community rallid around Dr. Petit.
It's a fucking shame there are sickos in the world like Steven Hayes and Joshua Komisarjevsky.

Alabama offed a guy today who was sentenced to death in 1994.
How much did it cost to feed and house him and pay for all his appeals? Better to issue the judge a .357 and have him carry out sentence before the animals leave the court room.

They should be hung by the neck until dead !!

No letting them hang till they're just barely comatose and then cutting them down ay?? :lol:

Hmmm that's a thought. Hang them until almost dead. Rinse and repeat. I like it.

I really am not for the death penalty, seriously. I mean, we must be abolutely-fucking certain we are killing the right person.....that is serious shit!
But in cases like this......this was a definite overkill.....I have no words to describe. So, whatever they get, they get. Somebody will probably end up killing them anyway.
But I just can't ever say I am 100% for the death penalty...I have issues with all that crappus.

I really have no problem with the death penalty as handed out now, except that it takes too long to implement.
We don't execute people who commit a single crime of passion who are unlikely to kill anyone else. We execute people who have shown by their actions, that society, as a whole will be safer without them. We execute serial killers, habitual criminals that kill in the commission of other felonies, rapists who kill their victims and cop killers, all people who present a danger to society and in my opinion, have forfeited the right to share this earth with it's other inhabitants.
I'm good with that. Sure, I would prefer that we were certain of guilt before execution, but for the good of humanity as a whole, I would not become anti-death penalty if it were proven that an innocent man was put to death.

dr petit has had to endure this nightmare again.....to testify....i feel so sorry for that man....a man is to protect his family....i am sure he thinks about that daily and blames himself...i hope he finds some peace and happiness in this life...

Forum List

Back