Peterson says Canada has expressed concerns to Dems about Edwards

However, some view Peterson's intervention as meddling in U.S. politics.
And so do I. All these countries weighing in on our political affairs is becoming tiresome...and even more troubling is the veiled threat quoted below...

"Also, we have talked to them about the high degree of dependence that Americans have on Canadian energy. So we have made these views known to them and we will continue to do so."

And so do I. All these countries weighing in on our political affairs is becoming tiresome...and even more troubling is the veiled threat quoted below...

I do agree. I was in fact hesitant to even post this. But I decided to post it and just let people judge it as they see fit.

The other quote was in no way a threat. Peterson is simply saying that by going back to the old ways, before free trade, could create very costy outcomes on both sides of the border. It's simple economics. Our systems are simply way to integrated. This was shown during the blackout last year.

Doomer said:
I do agree. I was in fact hesitant to even post this. But I decided to post it and just let people judge it as they see fit.

The other quote was in no way a threat. Peterson is simply saying that by going back to the old ways, before free trade, could create very costy outcomes on both sides of the border. It's simple economics. Our systems are simply way to integrated. This was shown during the blackout last year.
The integration of our systems is regarding the grid as pertains to the blackout. I Imaging your economy would stand to suffer more if ours tanked on the basis of oil. Peterson probably realizes that; but I still see it as a veiled threat. He knows our backs are somewhat up against the wall right now and is trying to use that as leverage.

Forum List

Back